What Is An Ace Ring?

Darius34

Chrysanthalis

A black ring is a symbol of asexuality. However, it is not universally recognized by all asexuals, and it is certainly not recognized by most sexuals. I believe for most people it is more of a personal reminder and symbol of belonging to a community than something by which others can identify you.

Basically any kind of black or mostly black ring will work, as well as certain greyish-black stone rings (especially hematite, since hematite rings are more readily available than other types of ring.) So yes, a black tungsten ring would work well, though it's a bit expensive.

One of the cheapest methods is to take any ring and paint it black with black nailpolish.

Other materials you might be able to find black rings in includes aluminum, stainless steel, titanium, jet, onyx, hematite, etc.

I personally have a ring that is black enamel of some kind in a silver backing.

Like Cleander already said, hematite rings are cool. However, they break really easy. Go into a headshop and look at their hemp and bead rings...

I got mine from a friend... blackened wood with a bone inlay design.

Supposed to go on the middle finger of the right hand. My right middle finger is damaged from a long-ago incident, so I wear my ring on my left ring finger. It feels good there, and I'm happy with it. But if you want to have it be "to the letter", then it goes on the middle finger of your right hand. ^_^

I dont have one, but I am interested as well, tungsten is normally a dull gray colour so maybe not, hematite would work will, it is relitively cheap and easy to get hold of, google it :)

One thing I cant find out is what is the origin of its use, why black and why your right middle finger?

p.s dont go up to someone and say "do you want to see my black asex ring?" people might go getting the wrong idea :P

Archived