For asexual who are  bored and or alone on Thanksgiving:

IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wed, Thurs Fri , Sat night  Nov 21-24 2018

start 5 pm PST, 6pm  MST , 7 pm CST ,8 pm EST per night and end whenever

How about a group audio and/or  text chat

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I just joined and I would be interested in a group whatever for the upcoming holiday. I'm not really good at the group thing but I'm trying new things. I'm 51 so if this is only for a younger demographic I won't be hurt if that's the case:)

• Like 1

@TheMajor, welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂 

• Like 2
starting over

@TheMajor welcome! Don’t worry about age... this is an amazing group of people here! I think the “age” is only set up because of things we all go threw at approximately certain ages so we can relate... but I think we have all ages on here and you are definitely welcome! I don’t know about a holiday thing but keep looking around or even suggest it yourself! In the meantime... have some cake! 🍰🍰🍰

• Like 4

Welcome!! No age restriction here.  Nonetheless, if you need more action, the 50s group is a bit more active.  I'm not quite 50 yet, but have been hanging out there for a few years now.    

The chat time would be fun.  Here on AVEN? 

• Like 3

Thank you.😊

I feel very welcomed here already. It takes me some time to find my place ( um, I usually don't, lol) but like I said I'm just going for it. Hehe. 

As far as the chat situation I don't know the details of how that would be organized, or even if it's a possibility but I am interested. 

• Like 1

I think on Asexual over 30   or Asexuality group on Facebook , there is  a  live chat on Thanksgiving day   5pm PST, 8 EST

• Like 2
13 hours ago, newgirl said:

I think on Asexual over 30   or Asexuality group on Facebook , there is  a  live chat on Thanksgiving day   5pm PST, 8 EST

Yes there was and I might do it again tomorrow (Friday night) since it seemed to go pretty well. ;-)  PS, I'm Chris. ;) 

• Like 1

ifinally just joined FB now in my 40s after it seemed Gofundme offered signin that way to make a donation and spread the word for a neighbor with a family emergency.

still looking forward to the day when stop getting carded for a beer or bottle of wine, tho.  nope i dont wear shades during checkout; seems eating homegrown veggies help keeps 'age' at bay.. now if i can only go full veggie or vegan, but enjoy seafood & on thanksgiving, turkey but not totally guilt-free =/

• Like 1

That's funny as I have not been carded for beer since I was 17 years old. Last Spring at 48 I shaved my mustache and goatee. Since then everyone keeps commenting on how young I look. Well, till I smile and the lines form around my eyes. I'd love to say its good living and healthy diet but having smoked 30 years (I've finally quit again), being overweight since my 30's when my last serious relationship ended and living like nothing could hurt me till things started hurting me, I doubt I've earned my youthful appearance at all. LOL

• Like 3

@MochaMery, welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂 

• Like 2

Hi I'm 44, very happy to have found this place. So much reading to do!!! I'm very new to the concept of asexuality, well, I guess I just never had a name for it. According to the vast list of terminology, I think I'm probably in the "gray" zone but beyond that I have yet to discover. I'm still not "out" to my husband of 18 years (we're currently separated) but I doubt he'll be that surprised. He has a high sex drive and the contrast became very evident when I quit drinking 6 years ago- I usually would have sex with him if I was drinking but not otherwise. Now that we're separated it's made things a lot clearer. I think back and go "oh yeah! That makes sense now." Kinda wish I'd known myself better 20 years ago but hey, we all do the best we can. But I'm curious and kinda excited about this next phase of my life. So here I am! Nice to meet you all. You can call me Mari.

• Like 4

Welcome to AVEN.

Better late than never.

I didn't really know until 2013 myself.

Or it is better to say I didn't know there was a name for me until 2013. Lol

Thankfully to having way too many alcoholics he family, I never ventured into alcohol.

I am glad you are at the very least in the questioning phase of discovering yourself.

Have a beautiful night.

• Like 3
starting over

Welcome @Marishka! Have some cake 🍰! I’m am in my 40’s as well and am sex repulsed and in a 20+ yr rocky marriage with a super sexed sexual so I feel for you. I do not drink very often but I too have looked back and saw that I was able to have sex when pushed if I drank as well. Not a very good feeling. I’ve pretty much Ed stopped drinking as well. Anyway, welcome! You are among friends : ) 

• Like 3

I don't know if this helps anyone but I noticed two people in this thread who both had serious revelations when they stopped drinking and it made me realize I had a similar experience. I'm not being critical of anyone who does drink but I just made the connection when I read those other comments. Has anyone else had this experience as well?

• Like 1

Hi, 

This is my first post after finally understanding my orientation. I am at a pivotal point in my life where everything is coalescing and the kids are leaving the nest. I remember my ex-husband telling me that there must be something wrong with me as I should be at my sexual peak. I have never been a fan of sex with the exception of my high-hormonal late teen years. I am tired of men telling me that other guys weren't doing it right and "I can fix that for you".  I have a gentleman who respects my nondesire but alas, has a libido.

Just last month it felt so freeing to tell two men that I don't like sex. I know there's nothing wrong with me but it makes for a lonely life when they guys I date only want sex. I know there are more of me out there and this is me stepping out. My best friend is currently without a boyfriend so we hang out together. We have had Valentine's day and "prom" at my work as well as a couple formals. My current roommate and I have adopted a chihuahua together. She doesn't want people thinking she's gay and we laugh. so that's me in a nutshell, looking forward to getting to know you.

• Like 3

Welcome, @Plain Jen! I'm so glad you now understand your orientation. I'm aromantic and I don't have "relationships", but I do know how important it is to find that understanding.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Plain Jen said:

Hi, 

This is my first post after finally understanding my orientation. I am at a pivotal point in my life where everything is coalescing and the kids are leaving the nest. I remember my ex-husband telling me that there must be something wrong with me as I should be at my sexual peak. I have never been a fan of sex with the exception of my high-hormonal late teen years. I am tired of men telling me that other guys weren't doing it right and "I can fix that for you".  I have a gentleman who respects my nondesire but alas, has a libido.

Just last month it felt so freeing to tell two men that I don't like sex. I know there's nothing wrong with me but it makes for a lonely life when they guys I date only want sex. I know there are more of me out there and this is me stepping out. My best friend is currently without a boyfriend so we hang out together. We have had Valentine's day and "prom" at my work as well as a couple formals. My current roommate and I have adopted a chihuahua together. She doesn't want people thinking she's gay and we laugh. so that's me in a nutshell, looking forward to getting to know you.

"I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine" Murray Head, One night in Bangkok 

• Like 1

@TheMajor so many things changed when I quit drinking, but my lack of interest in sex with my husband was noteable. It's not even that I super enjoyed sex drunk either (although because I really loved him sometimes I did), but alcohol/drugs made it easier to pretend that I did. I've recently realized that I've been using alcohol and drugs as a way to stuff down my fundamental dislike of sex my whole life.

Feels good to be letting that stuff go. You too?

• Like 2

Absolutely! I think it's an important step when we start to understand who are. Life is already complicated so I think this is a big chunk in sorting out the whole puzzle. 

• Like 4

@TheMajor I did a fair amount of drinking while I was in the military, but I still didn't drink as much as most people I knew (except one day that I drank for 16 hours straight with a friend (who was paying, thankfully)). I come from a drug addict and alcoholic family, so I made myself not partake when others would. I've never even smoked a cigarette and I'm 36. My revelations about myself being both asexual and autistic didn't come until 4 or 5 years ago after my wife came across information while looking up something else entirely. My mom, however, was able to figure out a lot about herself after she stopped drinking and smoking pot. She even began dating for a time afterwards.

• Like 1

Man, I know it can be ruff but look at the ground we've gain by making one simple change. I'm not saying it was simple to do, mind you, but results are results. I know I certainly feel alot better and I hope you do as well:)

• Like 2