40's

@JHC (efm) A lot of young people flock to AVEN because it's the most well-known and highest on Google searches. There are, however, a lot of other communities out there filled with older people and others like you. The Site info section of the forums has a thread linking to other communities you may want to look into. Not that I'm trying to drive you away or anything. 😀

• Like 1
On 8/6/2018 at 5:23 PM, Snao Cone said:

I wonder what I'll discover at 42...

Nothing new my dear Snao Cone. Just old stuff that you me, and all the 40+, had forgotten over time. 💲💲

• Like 1

I am turning 42 this year and so far I am digging my 40's.  I am in a much better place emotionally and financially (though I am still basically dirt poor), than I ever was in my 20's or 30's.  Since turning 40, I have stopped doing things that make me unhappy just to please others.  So, yes, definitely a turning point!

• Like 5
BobRossRules
37 minutes ago, Jennimer said:

I am turning 42 this year and so far I am digging my 40's.  I am in a much better place emotionally and financially (though I am still basically dirt poor), than I ever was in my 20's or 30's.  Since turning 40, I have stopped doing things that make me unhappy just to please others.  So, yes, definitely a turning point!

Welcome and happy upcoming birthday!!  I'm too am in a much better place, both emotionally and financially (aside from my s#!+ ton of debt) in my 40s.:D

• Like 2

@Jennimer, welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂 

• Like 2
Otter Mayhem

I just wanted to poke my head into the room and say Hi, I have been reading older post and it seems like a good group of people.  I will be turning 47 here is a couple of hours.  I am new here on AVEN and I have been so impressed with the support and have felt so welcome here.  Oh, and I have a lot of leftover cake so help yourself to a slice.     

Related image

• Like 6

@Otter Mayhem, welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂, and happy birthday 🎂 🎂 

• Like 2

Hello,

I am 47 and finally discovering my Asexuality, an older late bloomer if you will. I had sexual issues for many years and just thought I was bad at it. I now know I am asexual. I simply for the longest have never really enjoyed or wanted intimacy, nor to have to go through the effort of sexual intimacy. so I and my wife are finally trying to find a happy medium so we can be happy. Anyone else in a similar circumstance? 

• Like 3
Otter Mayhem
53 minutes ago, dbyrns said:

Hello,

I am 47 and finally discovering my Asexuality, an older late bloomer if you will. I had sexual issues for many years and just thought I was bad at it. I now know I am asexual. I simply for the longest have never really enjoyed or wanted intimacy, nor to have to go through the effort of sexual intimacy. so I and my wife are finally trying to find a happy medium so we can be happy. Anyone else in a similar circumstance? 

A very similar situation here,  I think Asexual/ Heteromantic males are actually way under acknowledged because of the Hollywood idea of a "real man".  

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Otter Mayhem said:

A very similar situation here,  I think Asexual/ Heteromantic males are actually way under acknowledged because of the Hollywood idea of a "real man".  

I agree, I am trying to be who I can only be but feel like I am not a proper man when it comes to intimacy because I have no interest in the act its self. I still like closeness with my wife but I just can meet her needs as she expects me to. I wish there was a support group for partners of  Asexual/biromantic, or just for asexual's but there isn't here. I thought about having my wife join this site and we could discover and learn together but I am unsure because I know she would like to ask questions or such that she may not want me to see but that would be hard since her post would be public.

• Like 2

@dbyrns I have been married for almost 11 years now and just found out about asexuality 4 years ago or so. We've also worked on finding a happy medium, which has worked for us for the last 3 years or so. It was slow going finding what worked for both of us, but now we're good.

• Like 3

Hi, I am the newbie around here.  😬I am 47 and living in New England. I can be more state specific privately if anyone needs to know. I am originally from the UK, and have lived in the US for 14 years.

My brief intro is here is anyone wants to be nosy. :)

Not afraid of any questions if anyone has any. I guess I'll just lurk until I get the vibe here. :)

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Otter Mayhem said:

Thank you for the birthday wishes.

Happy birthday!

(I really just wanted to say your user name, Otter Mayhem makes me laugh - good name! Otters are cool.)

• Like 2
JHC (pet in waiting)

Sooo for a while I was calling myself 45 then a few months ago I was bored and had the idea of putting my date of birth into a website and letting that work it out. 44! 

So I've been filling in anything that asked for my age as 44, then in the last few days sites have asked for my DOB and worked out my age. They say 43!

😀🙄😁🙄 

And I could never understand it when my mum had to work out her age when I was growing up!

• Like 2

My wife has a lot of problems remembering how old she is, which only makes sense to me because she has dyscalculia, the mathematical form of dyslexia. I've always been exceptionally good at math, though, so to me the calculation is really simple. You take the current year and subtract your birth year to get your base number. If you haven't had your birthday yet this year, subtract 1. Otherwise, the base number is your age.

• Like 4
BobRossRules

@Sabbie Hello and welcome!!

6 hours ago, JHC (efm) said:

Sooo for a while I was calling myself 45 then a few months ago I was bored and had the idea of putting my date of birth into a website and letting that work it out. 44! 

So I've been filling in anything that asked for my age as 44, then in the last few days sites have asked for my DOB and worked out my age. They say 43!

:lol: That's funny.  Growing up, I had no issues with remembering my age. However, after turning 21, I usually guessed a year or 2 older.  I still do that.  I get confused between 48 and 49 (I'm 48)  Doing the math is easy as I was born at the end of 1969, but I still get confused when someone asks me.:wacko:   

• Like 5

@Spotastic  We are trying to find that happy medium but it is hard for her. she wants the full sex and I just can't get their. I wish I could figure it out but I think this site will be helpful to maybe get things going. I wish I new how you found your happy medium but that is so none of my business. Glad you guys are good though. 

• Like 2

@faraday☘   Thanks I am glad to be here. Although I and my wife are working on the understanding. Like your screen name, any specific inspiration for it? 

• Like 2

How does one insert a picture of a cake? I can't figure it out. I am a tech-no-way. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, dbyrns said:

How does one insert a picture of a cake? I can't figure it out. I am a tech-no-way. 

To insert a picture it has to be hosted online somewhere so you can get a url. Then just paste it into your post and it should convert to an actual photo showing in the post. For example, if I do a google image search and find a pic I want to post I right-click on the pic and choose "copy image address", then paste that into a post (it will show a brief message saying it will embed the pic). Like this:

chocolate-cake.jpg

If you want to post a pic of your own you first have to upload it to a photo hosting site. PostImage.com, for example, is good because you don't have to join anything and can even set the pic to expire after a set amount of time.

• Like 4

@dbyrns It took a lot of conversation about what we wanted, trying things out, and talking about it again. It took nearly a year of this to get where we are now. Being open about where your boundaries are, and willing to give a little if you can, are the keys to making it work. At least, that's how it went for us.

• Like 2
BobRossRules
On 8/22/2018 at 8:11 PM, dbyrns said:

@faraday☘   Thanks I am glad to be here. Although I and my wife are working on the understanding. Like your screen name, any specific inspiration for it? 

It's just my name.  I'm so creative!!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...