40's

BaklavaGuardian
On 2/23/2012 at 9:09 AM, newgirl said:

Are you in your 40's? Do you feel being in your 40's is a turning point?

I'm in my 40's and I wouldn't say it's a turning point but it's cool. I feel great, have lots of energy, and do what I enjoy. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was in a bad marriage and also have narcissistic parents, so when I was 36-39, I fucked shit up and got a new hubby, also ace, a new baby, and excellent gray rocking for my parents. Just turned forty, and it's feeling pretty damn exciting.

• Like 1
Asexy Librarian
On 2/15/2023 at 2:50 PM, wulfgar83 said:

I'm turning 40 next month. Not sure what to think about that. 

Life is great in your 40’s. It’s different from 30’s and especially 20’s, but it’s a good age. 

• Like 3
On 2/15/2023 at 5:50 PM, wulfgar83 said:

I'm turning 40 next month. Not sure what to think about that. 

your mileage may vary, of course, but for me, my 40s have been the best decade of my life. I met and married the love of my life, finally began to get a handle on my depression and anxiety, and just recently realized that I'm somewhere on the asexual spectrum. It's been a trip, but I like where things are headed.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, DanielWV said:

your mileage may vary, of course, but for me, my 40s have been the best decade of my life.

My 30s were definitely like that (and they're a month away from ending, so what more can go wrong?).

• Like 3
On 3/13/2023 at 6:36 PM, argar said:

ixl8dyi.jpg

What's bad is that i started going gray very early. Like in middle school early. I must know a lot.

• 2 weeks later...
Asexy Librarian
On 3/17/2023 at 5:49 PM, wulfgar83 said:

What's bad is that i started going gray very early. Like in middle school early. I must know a lot.

Side note, I dig your name, Wulfgar. I’m a big fan of RA Salvatore books…been reading them since Junior High!

I was always a bigger fan of Artemis Entreri myself. 

• Like 1

I like Artemis as well. I like that he has continued being in the series. 

• Like 1
Asexy Librarian

Artemis is a fascinating character. He has developed a lot over the course of the books. Regis has a cool character development in the more recent book as well.

Yeah,

Regis had a massive inferiority complex. 

I'm glad he managed to work that out as he evolved. 

Hi I’m new here. I experience schizophrenia and my teens, twenties, thirties were very difficult. I’m now in my late forties and just starting to get a sense of who I am. Every human has their battles to fight. 

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, AnimalChin said:

Hi I’m new here. I experience schizophrenia and my teens, twenties, thirties were very difficult. I’m now in my late forties and just starting to get a sense of who I am. Every human has their battles to fight. 

Welcome! That sounds like a tough road, but I'm glad to hear you're getting a sense of yourself. That's a very good thing.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, OldNews said:

Welcome! That sounds like a tough road, but I'm glad to hear you're getting a sense of yourself. That's a very good thing.

Thanks for the welcome- I look forward to sharing my experience with others on here.

• Like 1