40's

ThePayrollAdmin

**waggling fingers in your general direction**

Hiya.

I'm new here, new to trying to figure out who I am, new to the terminology ... but, hiya. How is everyone today? I'm a 49.5 year old who's still trying to figure who I am, what I want to be when I grow up (IF I grow up) and where I might fit into this world. 

(This is my first post, did I do it right? LOL)

• Like 5

Welcome to AVEN,

I hope you find similar stories, and new stories, and they all help you solidify your unique identity. 

• Like 2

Thanks fo the welcome 😊

Edited by blacknight
Duplicate post!
  • Like 1
On 9/6/2020 at 7:52 AM, blacknight said:

Hi, newbie 49yr old here. 

Thought I’d pop in to say hi 😊 

Moooooo

• Like 1
Purple Red Panda

Having turned 40 about three minutes ago I can now post here.

• Like 7

Hello and welcome 🍰 

I'm 45, discovered the existence of asexuality at 42.

Been hanging around on AVEN since it answered a lot of initial questions. Here's an extra comma to insert either before or after the "since", both options are fine. , 

• Like 5

Just going to say hi to anyone on this thread ... and maybe say that I totally empathise with other over 40’s who are like: I’m still a kid!
I can be responsible, but to be honest, I just find adulting boring and a bit blah. It’s probably telling that I relate to my 2 year old better than grown ups I know... but frankly, his view of the world and how everything is still amazing and “magic” (his current favourite word) just resonates ... I’d rather believe in magic.

Anyway, it’s good to be here. Would be amazing to talk journeys and other random stuff - I’m still pretty new to all this so ummmm... yeh. 👋🏻 

more memes please! 

• Like 7
5 minutes ago, Hyui said:

Just going to say hi to anyone on this thread ... and maybe say that I totally empathise with other over 40’s who are like: I’m still a kid!

Oh definitely relate to that. Have the veneer of respectability and also keep some kind of sense of wonder about the world and the ability to have fun and be silly doing it. It's a bit like having two personae.

• Like 3

Of course 😋 😋 

Welcome to the new peeps and thanks for memes!  We all could use more humor these days.

• Like 1

Any queer, late-40s Aspie asexuals here? My therapist told me that I ought to look into ASD and it immediately made so much sense. I’m high functioning and have had a great run of things but the last few years have started to drag. It seems like all the fun is over. I went from relationship to relationship, always getting bored and feeling a lot of pressure and never really sitting down to think about the loss of sexual interest that inevitably entered all relationships except flings. And flings get harder in the 40s, right? Most people are settled or looking to settle, which is when the ace ‘problem’ will raise its head. I feel quite stymied by the list of hurdles —queerness, asexuality, aging, some degree of aspergers.... 

Welcome to AVEN.

Not exactly the same hurdles, but I can sympathize with getting older, and how that complicates certain things.

I hope you enjoy the site, and that you also make some interesting connections with some of the awesome people on the site. 

Have a beautiful night. 

13 hours ago, PaperSloth said:

Any queer, late-40s Aspie asexuals here? My therapist told me that I ought to look into ASD and it immediately made so much sense. I’m high functioning and have had a great run of things but the last few years have started to drag. It seems like all the fun is over. I went from relationship to relationship, always getting bored and feeling a lot of pressure and never really sitting down to think about the loss of sexual interest that inevitably entered all relationships except flings. And flings get harder in the 40s, right? Most people are settled or looking to settle, which is when the ace ‘problem’ will raise its head. I feel quite stymied by the list of hurdles —queerness, asexuality, aging, some degree of aspergers.... 

Not queer but probably bi. in Late 40's. Only just joined here. Can relate to the getting bored bit, but bad at leaving so always got dumped.

Welcome

• Like 1