40's

Are there any young jokes by the time someone reaches forty plus and if there are will the teller be banned from AVEN?

On a serious note, watch out for the mod, she's a bit of a dragon...

Wrong! Not a BIT of a dragon...she's ALL dragon :lol: dragon-1_zps9694ceac.gif

• Like 2

So what does the typical 40 something asexual weekend consist of? I don't know yet, I'm no good at planning that far ahead... I want to go and play up in the Peak district one day but there is a long list of things that need doing at home.

Will I be responsible or not?

A Taste of Harmony

Mole's weekend to do list.

No.1

Teach Harmony a weekly British slang without getting caught by MT.

No.2

Repeat no.1

No.3

Repeat no.1 & 2

And so on.

No.9

Give Harmony homemade marmerlade before they commit robbery.

No.10

Call Merlin to talk to the dragon to give Mole a ride to Peak District, so Mole can save travelling time and use the spare time to dunk more biscuits.

Excellent!!

• Like 2

You can never do anything on any thread without being found out by MT. It is not possible. :o

• Like 1

Standards? Is that what defines the 40s thread? All good then.

@Harmony: This weeks word is one of my favourites, it can be used in polite conversation and as such it will not get me in trouble with Miss Terry.

Faff. (Alternative spelling; faf) To spend time going lots of little things to put off doing the main thing. (Usage; 'Mole is to busy faffing about on AVEN to get anything done' also 'faff now work later'.)

We can get onto other words like 'trump' another time when Miss Terry isn't looking :P

• Like 1

*She is never not looking...even better (or should that be 'worse'???) than me :lol: *

:O Scared now. *runs off into garden*

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

*Follows*

Are you going to the Lady Godiva thingy in Cov this weekend? My granddaughter is going with her mum.

Sun is good. (Awaits whirlwind predicted by MT in JFF.)

I've got no plans for the Godiva festival. It sounds good but I want to play tomorrow so I need to get all my jobs done today, well most of them, okay, some of them.

The dogs are flat out in the back room and I should go into town to pay in a cheque but it's so hot and I don't feel like walking and I'll feel guilty if I take the car... :(

• Like 1

The prerogative of being six years older than you ...... Pesky moles..,. Awww, lovely really... :)

So my the love of my life is 52 years old?

52 at the end of july................when you are older you seem to always tell people your next birthday.. oh dear, I think i am going to be press ganged into the Mecca lines of a Bingo Chain Gang....f
I like bingo do people still play it?

They do and online too, now....... We used to play it with Mum and Dad when we were wee ones........ I have not played it for years, but I could still do the calling, I think?

• Like 1

Is bingo the magic something that can breathe life into the 40s thread?

• Like 1

Oddly enough I was discussing this thread with one of the high powered marketing types at work today and she said the problem is that the thread has a weak brand when compared with the 30s and 50s threads. Apparently it needs to offer a unique quality that makes it easier for users to understand its target group within the market zone. To achieve this it needs to be relaunched in a dynamic way that will create a unique market segment for the brand to operate within that is separate from the 30s and 40s.

I think I can do this by changing the name of the Forties thREaD to FRED.

• Like 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5XX9LX2es4&feature=player_detailpage

You can have this as the 40s Fred theme tune.

Funnily enough it reminds me of the time I sold one of my pianos. The man who bought it got an awful firm called Murphy's in to move it, and they got it wedged in the hall. They had taken the piano off its legs, and wrapped the top in a blanket, and one man was trying to hold it while speaking on the phone to his boss to ask him what they should do next. They were like that for ages, and I did think maybe I should offer them some tea. But then I thought too much liquid could be a problem, if they were wedged in the hall much longer. The man on the other end of the phone made various suggestions, and they eventually eased the piano out to their lorry. I had suffered a breakdown by this point as I was sure they were going to drop the piano through the floorboards. Anyway, I found they were driving off with only two of the piano legs and had left the third behind, so I had to pursue them down the road with the extra leg. This is not how a proper piano movers move a piano!

• Like 2

Funnily enough it reminds me of the time I sold one of my pianos. The man who bought it got an awful firm called Murphy's in to move it, and they got it wedged in the hall. They had taken the piano off its legs, and wrapped the top in a blanket, and one man was trying to hold it while speaking on the phone to his boss to ask him what they should do next. They were like that for ages, and I did think maybe I should offer them some tea. But then I thought too much liquid could be a problem, if they were wedged in the hall much longer. The man on the other end of the phone made various suggestions, and they eventually eased the piano out to their lorry. I had suffered a breakdown by this point as I was sure they were going to drop the piano through the floorboards. Anyway, I found they were driving off with only two of the piano legs and had left the third behind, so I had to pursue them down the road with the extra leg. This is not how a proper piano movers move a piano!

Lol, I have an upright grand piano, and I keep it in my garage :)

Beachwalker

I have an upright fridge and I keep it in my kitchen :)
  • Like 1

And neither of us are upright on a Saturday night :wacko:

• Like 2
Beachwalker

Or Wednesday nights

Or Wednesday nights

YAY, oh yes my dear !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or Thursday, or Friday or Sunday or Monday but not Tuesdays, as I listen to Miss Terry's weekly piano recital and then Moley gives us his weekly lecture on the life and times of being Mole, and I should say, they are both rapaciously riveting. In fact, the boredom excitement is only broken by me showing them my massive ball of wool collection, oh wow, every week there is a brand new ball of wool to show them, ‘exciting, ’the textures and styles are amazing ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz

• Like 2

Mole and I give dazzlingly successful combined recitals and talks, and by the way it is very annoying when you sit in the front row and knit constantly all through them. ;)

• Like 2

Just checking in for a second to email some people on the board, this is Newgirl and I started this 40's threat.. how is everyone doing?

Just checking in for a second to email some people on the board, this is Newgirl and I started this 40's threat.. how is everyone doing?

Firstly thank you for starting this thread.

Now the depressing report :(

It's a bit quiet in here. People tend to post once or twice and then drift away. (One common theme for first time posters seems to be the question about what is special for asexuals in their 40s and there doesn't appear to be an answer.) Despite the low level of usage efforts are being made to liven things up so that maybe 40 some-things will stay around. Steps taken so far include relaunching the thread under the name Fred and giving it a theme song. On a more serious note the search for the answer to the common question goes on and when we find it we will be able to give new posters the answer they want (or maybe not).

Awww... I came alive in my 40s Goodluck me........Badluck world !!!

• Like 1

Awww... I came alive in my 40s Goodluck me........Badluck world !!!

Please explain why your status reads 'pesky moles', I cannot imagine some moles or a mole being pesky, it just cannot be :blink:

mole,

I understand how your feel about people disappearing on this board . I left the Aven board last year because Aven members in my area rather talk online than meetup offline.,I got tired of the excuses 2. I want to meetup with people my own age too 39- 46 years old. mole Right now, I 'm trying to look for 40 something asexual who are SERIUOSLY looking for friendship online and offline good luck. hey you're an Aries. too (LOL)

newgirl/shait

• Like 1

mole,

I understand how your feel about people disappearing on this board . I left the Aven board last year because Aven members in my area rather talk online than meetup offline.,I got tired of the excuses 2. I want to meetup with people my own age too 39- 46 years old. mole Right now, I 'm trying to look for 40 something asexual who are SERIUOSLY looking for friendship online and offline good luck. hey you're an Aries. too (LOL)

newgirl/shait

Interesting username, it could be easily mixed up with some other word.. :D