40's

PeterPanForever

I haven't been to the dentist in nearly thirty years and the consequence of that and a drug addiction that lasted a few has resulted in my teeth beginning to crack. Just the other day another one exploded. Each time it happens it send me into a midlife crisis and takes a bit of time to process the reality of it all. 

• Like 2

To Adamjonak thank you for your  thread. Your thread was a teachable moment.

To  Sleighcapatin, 

Questioning , awakening  ,soul searching wanting answers and sometime acting out is all part of "midlife crisis

When  people  feel this way :

" What we,in our country, have been calling a mid-life crisis is really a spiritual crisis. If, by the time we reach an age at which we expected to feel content, whether it's thirty, forty, or beyond, we are not living with  purpose, meaning and  many real moment. we will find ourselves dissatisfied  and unfulfilled  "   Barbara De Angeleis

All this will happen :   Questioning ,  an awakening  ,soul searching ,wanting answers and sometime acting out

• Like 3
On 12/8/2017 at 10:40 AM, faraday☘ said:

Welcome @smack12776.  Sounds like you're enjoying your life.  I returned to college and grad school a bit later too. 

Hiya @txviking.  It's always nice to see new folks here in the 40s thread.  

@tadkitty I joined AVEN in my 40s, but in a few years I'll be an official member of the 50s thread.:D

@Iamsammie Thanks.  I have a few upcoming appointments for more, and some touch-ups.  Once I'm done with this round, I'll post some pics.  Good luck with your sleeve, I bet it's pretty cool.:D

@newgirl There's fire in your next of the woods, right?  The snow seems like a nice break though.

I'd post pictures, but they are on my phone at the moment.

• Like 1

I had a dentist appointment Friday, and they found a cracked tooth.  I didn't even notice it.  It's not bad, but I'll need a filling.:(  Nothing like a little nitrous to knock the edge off.  Anyway, @Peterson515 I hope you can get your teeth fixed.  

@newgirl that was me that assumed you lived near the fires not @Iamsammie.  Anyway, I hope they die down soon.  When I lived in California, we had some close calls.

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend! 

• Like 2

Did you ever go to you  high school prom? I didn't  because I didn't have a date or had the guts to go by  myself but...... I found out they have Adult Proms

• Like 2

They do?

Hmm,

I did go to one once, but it was at the person's high school not mine.

It was an okay experience.

• Like 1

I bought a dress, but did not go to prom. It was enough to wear a dress as a debutant within the same year. 

I ended up wearing my "prom" dress for Boo at the Zoo years later. 

• Like 2

@Blitzentan, second that from a generation after you :P

• Like 3
On December 18, 2017 at 11:46 PM, newgirl said:

Did you ever go to you  high school prom? I didn't  because I didn't have a date or had the guts to go by  myself but...... I found out they have Adult Proms

They have adult proms? I went alone once in High School. I was asked but then my date got back together with her ex. Kind of sums up my HS experience. Now it is laughable (sort of). But seriously, I am damn curious about these adult proms you speak of! haha

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Spikey said:

They have adult proms? I went alone once in High School. I was asked but then my date got back together with her ex. Kind of sums up my HS experience. Now it is laughable (sort of). But seriously, I am damn curious about these adult proms you speak of! haha

I goggled "adult prom in _____________" . Mostly these adult prom are for charity (cancer,diabetes,abuse children,women or dogs etc ) or  Valentine or New  Year Eve theme party.

• Like 2
PeterPanForever

Dropping in to say hello to everyone, and I hope that all is well    :)   

• Like 1
14 hours ago, newgirl said:

I goggled "adult prom in _____________" . Mostly these adult prom are for charity (cancer,diabetes,abuse children,women or dogs etc ) or  Valentine or New  Year Eve theme party.

Hey, whatever it takes! haha

• Like 1

I had no idea they had adult proms.  I went while in high school.  Not really my thing.  I'd been happier hanging out with my friends and having some pizza.  Now it that means hanging out with my dogs, cats, and Netflix.  Pizza can still be part of the equation.  

• Like 1
On 12/18/2017 at 10:46 PM, newgirl said:

I didn't go to high school prom or any of the school dances at my schools. I wasn't interested dancing, romance, sex or drinking, so I didn't see any reason to go. I still avoid bars and clubs for the same reasons (unless I'm there to see a band or something like that).

• Like 3
Filthy Pazuzu
On 12/13/2017 at 3:13 AM, Peterson515 said:

I haven't been to the dentist in nearly thirty years and the consequence of that and a drug addiction that lasted a few has resulted in my teeth beginning to crack. Just the other day another one exploded. Each time it happens it send me into a midlife crisis and takes a bit of time to process the reality of it all. 

Same here. I think the methadone was worse on my teeth than the heroin. I've been on subs for 7 years without a hiccup, so that particular hell is over, but Medicaid doesn't cover the kind of dental care I need - which by now would probably be almost complete upper and lower implants. So I just clean as gently as I can and - just as you said - go into crisis mode for a few weeks every time another one cracks.

WHY DOESN'T HEALTH INSURANCE COVER ONE'S TEETH?!

:angry:

• Like 2
On 23.02.2012 at 10:51 PM, Erin D said:

52 yaşındayım. 40'lı yıllar bana hiçbir şekilde vurmadı. 50'lerim bana, 60'I hızla yükseliyor ve bana düşeni yapıyor, 20'li yılları ekliyor, 20'yi de ekliyor, bu da son 20'nin ne kadar hızlı gittiğini biliyor, şimdi antenim çalışıyor.

Merhaba sizinle tanışmak istiyorum 

• Like 1

Sorry about the rambling but  I'm  heartbroken ,have been crying and I need to write..

This is about  facing death. 

How do  you let go of a soul who loves you unconditionally and   this soul is with you good, bad and  ugly. This soul just wants love from you. 

How do you say to this soul. I know  you are in pain or certain age  but  my selfish self wants you to stay and I can't let you go.

I'm not talking about a parent,sibling,grandparent, ,cousin ,aunt,uncle or friend.i'm talking about   another one of  life creation ,the animal on this earth

My sister 16 year old  pug has  started to have seizures this week. He already has cataract and arthritis but he still  eating.  Me and my family know this doesn't look good and  we now have to face  the "D" word.  I know to some, It's only a dog so what.  To me, Simba the Pug and any dog is a soul just like  any human on this earth.  While everybody is celebrating New Year Eve this weekend. My sister might have to decide to put her dog to sleep or  Simba  will make that decision(I pray the second option). This will be my second time going through a dog death. My family had to put to sleep our 12 year old chow in 2007 due  to him screaming in pain from infection, and  not eating . . People, I'm heartbroken because I have 2 chihuahua 12 years old and 5 years old   and  this is very hard. very hard.

Sorry about the post but I don't want to think right now.

3 hours ago, newgirl said:

Sorry about the post

No apologies needed.

Facing the prospect of the death of a beloved pet is a hard thing to do. For most pets and pet owners it is an unfortunate fact of life, given that most pets have shorter life spans than most humans. The best we can do is to make sure the pet has a good quality of life, doesn't suffer too much in the end, and is remembered fondly afterwards. Take care of yourself, too.

• Like 2

@newgirl  I'm so sorry.  My heart goes out for you.  An animal's and pet's life is just as valuable as human's.  My pets are my life and I value them more than most humans.  I've lost several throughout my life.  It sucks their life is so short.  Please take care.  

• Like 2

Update:

Simba the pug  is in post ictal seizure phase  right now  and  his health watch is day by day.  Simba is fighting and still eating his food. We think his childhood seizure  has came back after  15 years of no seizure. Because of NYE holiday , we won't get his blood work results until Tuesday.

PeterPanForever

Wishing you all a happy new year!!    :)   

• Like 3

Update: SAD TO ANNOUNCE

Jan 2nd 2018

Simba the pug pass away in his sleep early  this morning California time. He was 16 years old when his body transition from this earth. He was LOVE by his mom (my big sister) ,me ,  his grandmother my mom, my brother and  my   two chihuahua Mozzy and Chewy his cousin.  Simba was a lover not a fighter dog. He loved to eat  food and play with his cousin Mozzy and Chewy . 

When Simba was a puppy  he  suffer from seizure  and the  vets recommend my sister  put him down  at 6 month old but  Simba the pug prove those doctor wrong . Simba's seizure  stop when  he turn 1 year old. Well after a 15 year gap,Simba's seizure return Dec  26th 2017 . I guess Simba tired body couldn't fight    the seizure and deal with the medication this time.

Simba   the Pug thank you for coming into our lives and loving our family, our family  loves you and now it's time for you to join  Mama, and Malik  the chow in heaven. (blow a kiss). Mama and Malik take care of Simba until we all meet again

"I Wish You Heaven"  by Prince

(A song I dedicate to Malik when he died  in  2007 and now Simba)

"For your every touch, I
Thank you so much
For your every kiss, I

I wish you love
I wish you heaven
I wish you heaven"

Simba the Pug 2001-2018