40's

PeterPanForever

Stopping by to say hello to everyone  :)    I hope that everyone is doing okay

• Like 2

@Peterson515, hiya, and welcome to the NotTerriblyLivelyAtTheMoment thread 

• Like 3

@Vegdawnwelcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂 :cake::cake:

• Like 1

Any 40 something asexual who live in California?

I'm going to keep posting  until i found people. I live in Northern California

• Like 2

@Vegdawn I host regular meetups in houston and everyone is pretty much early 20's with a few exceptions.  Nice people and it's nice hanging out with aces, but some 40+ ones would be better.  

Also I mentioned to my coworker (woman in her 50's that's never been married) that a contractor made a comment about my curves and it was a bit uncomfortable.  Her reply was others notice my curves and that I'd have a man if I wasn't so standoffish. Ugh!  I've told her I'm ace, but obviously she doesn't get what that means...  

• Like 1

LOL, it's funny to find this. Thank god people my age still forum, I thought the "Asexual for Older" would be the cast of Cocoon learning about erections or playing kick the can.

No offense.

• Like 3

@ANOTABADGrade welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂 :cake::cake:

• Like 1

Anyone doing anything for Asexual Awareness week?  I planned a meetup for Saturday but otherwise, I won't be.  I should at least wear my ring to work though.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, GeoAmy said:

Anyone doing anything for Asexual Awareness week?  I planned a meetup for Saturday but otherwise, I won't be.  I should at least wear my ring to work though.

I posted something about it on Facebook earlier today. I didn't officially "out myself" on Facebook -- but it was a pretty big hint. This could make things a bit uncomfortable for me -- but hopefully it doesn't. I feel strongly enough about not want to hide, that I thought I should take the risk.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, OldNews said:

I posted something about it on Facebook earlier today. I didn't officially "out myself" on Facebook -- but it was a pretty big hint. This could make things a bit uncomfortable for me -- but hopefully it doesn't. I feel strongly enough about not want to hide, that I thought I should take the risk.

I would like to put something on facebook, but don't quite want to out myself.  My parents and siblings know and a handful of friends, but otherwise, it feels weird telling people about it.  I think it would be easier if people better understood what it was and didn't require lots of awkward explanations about your non-existent sex life...

• Like 3
Happy giraffe

I'm here to say hi too.  I'm new to everything as of this week :)  Figured I'd say hi as I'm 42 and it is the answer to everything.

I separated from husband of 17 years in August this year due to other issues -- we're still very amicable and I think it was a long time coming.  (I say this as I browsed quickly through this thread on various pages and am happy to chat @Ms.Ann if you still want to about your emotional ups and downs).  Then this week I found out that I was ace!  And not broken.  I'm the typical case of finding out.  But finding out after 17 years of marriage!  I was wondering how all the young people can know they are ace so early but then realised (after reading AVEN and reddit) it's because non-Aces start having desires at around 12-14 years old!  Living a sheltered life and at an all girls school did not do me any favours in realising... and then marrying the first person I dated... who I was also their 'first'... anyway I'm not 'out' and I don't feel a need to.  I'm just happy to know that I'm not broken and that I don't have to try and improve my libido.

So 42 is the answer to everything... 

Anyhoo just wanted to say hello... and thank everyone for being so welcoming and feeding me cake.  

• Like 4

I am 46 and so glad I found this site. I call myself asexual since I am 16 but never knew this was actually an 'official' sexual orientation. It has been a relief to be here so for me having found this site at 46 is indeed a turning point. I want to meet people here and talk. If only I wasn't so busy at work but I plan to visit this site every time it is possible. 💗

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Daniela said:

I am 46 and so glad I found this site. I call myself asexual since I am 16 but never knew this was actually an 'official' sexual orientation. It has been a relief to be here so for me having found this site at 46 is indeed a turning point. I want to meet people here and talk. If only I wasn't so busy at work but I plan to visit this site every time it is possible. 💗

Daniela,

Do you know about offline Asexual meetup groups?

• Like 1

I think I saw some comments about it but I don't live in the States nor in England. Not sure exactly where the meetings take place but it will most likely be difficult for me. Would love to though...

• Like 2

Welcome to the new ones.

I see that newgirl isn't giving up, good and I'm sure she'll one day lift the proper rock and find the ace that was hiding under it, the one she's still looking for. :P

• Like 2

Nidwin,

There has to be  at least  2  40 something asexual in my area who want to meetup  on a  regular basis and I'm  also trying to help other aces find offline meetup groups in their area.

• Like 3
On 10/28/2017 at 9:23 PM, Happy giraffe said:

I'm here to say hi too.  I'm new to everything as of this week :)  Figured I'd say hi as I'm 42 and it is the answer to everything.

I separated from husband of 17 years in August this year due to other issues -- we're still very amicable and I think it was a long time coming.  (I say this as I browsed quickly through this thread on various pages and am happy to chat @Ms.Ann if you still want to about your emotional ups and downs).  Then this week I found out that I was ace!  And not broken.  I'm the typical case of finding out.  But finding out after 17 years of marriage!  I was wondering how all the young people can know they are ace so early but then realised (after reading AVEN and reddit) it's because non-Aces start having desires at around 12-14 years old!  Living a sheltered life and at an all girls school did not do me any favours in realising... and then marrying the first person I dated... who I was also their 'first'... anyway I'm not 'out' and I don't feel a need to.  I'm just happy to know that I'm not broken and that I don't have to try and improve my libido.

So 42 is the answer to everything... 

Anyhoo just wanted to say hello... and thank everyone for being so welcoming and feeding me cake.  

Welcome, Happy Giraffe.  In August, my husband and I divorced.  We were together 16 years (married for 13 of them).  We too are amicable.  And it was a long time coming for us too.  Please feel free to private-message me.  You are not broken, and your libido is perfectly fine as it is.

• Like 2

I LARP so I am usually wearing a costume on the weekends. Lol

• Like 3

Hi!  I am 42 :)

• Like 3

Welcome @moonnymph  to AVEN & welcome to the 40s thread @N'y.

I got back from my trip last weekend.  I've been super busy at work catching up and dealing with computer issues.  Asexual awareness week slip me by.  However, it was during that week in 2015 is when I discovered AVEN.  

I dressed up for Halloween at work.  I was the only one.  I was a Starfleet medical officer.  However, I don't serve on a ship.  My assignment was Burning Man.  I had my own booth and everything.  Sadly, I didn't think to take a picture.  It was a steampunk-ish thing.  

@argar I've LARP'd a few times.  It was super fun!  It's been a while though.  

I'm battling a cold, so I think watching The Orville will make me feel better.  

• Like 3