40's

Hi everyone!  I am 46 and have one son who is my world.  He is my sweet silly boy.  I haven't been in a relationship for many years because I really just don't want to have the sex thing hanging over my head all the time.  I realized I was Ace a few years ago and I have no idea how to meet other Aces. In Connecticut, there doesn't seem to be any Ace groups that I can find.  SIGH.   Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself :D 

• Like 5

Welcome to AVEN.

Have a beautiful Fourth. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, sallimae76 said:

I am a 43 year old asexual female. I am a virgin, and I plan on staying that way for life.

Wish I had.  Tbh the only reason I got married and had sex was to have a kid.  

I can't complain about my 25+ years marriage because it gave me my daughter.  I just wish I'd known about Asexual when I was a kid.  My life would have been so different.

I would have still had my daughter but I would have done a lot of things differently.

But as they say. Hindsight is a great thing!

• Like 2
On 3/15/2012 at 12:40 AM, planetgeorge said:

I'll be 43 next month and yes, I think it has been a turning point. My 10-year marriage ended just before my 40th birthday. I lost my job of 14 years about 9 months after my 40th birthday. But now I'm in a relationship with an awesome woman who also is asexual as it turns out (I didn't know it before, although I've just recently come to the realization that I'm asexual). And on top of this I relocated from Florida to Pennsylvania. So I feel like I've spent the last 3 years starting my life over.

I’ll be celebrating a year of freedom from a wreck of a marriage in 9 days. I’m 46. I just figured out I’m Ace this week. I have spent the last three years burning down my life, and I’m in a desperate job search because my move from Florida to Ohio fell flat as flat can fall. I feel like I’m trying to start over and can’t! 

Also, I’m trying to figure out how to not feel cheated out of some great ride everyone else got to take. I always thought of myself as above my sisters’ shenanigans regarding sex. They always assumed I was a lesbian who was too lazy to get a beard but too scared to bring home a girlfriend. Now, I wonder if there isn’t an entire swathe of the human experience that I have no access to.

Edited by Lalipod
Typo
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/6/2019 at 10:02 PM, sallimae76 said:

I am a 43 year old asexual female. I am a virgin, and I plan on staying that way for life.

44 and a virgin. You’re not alone. :)

47, NY born and raised from a traditional Carribean family. I see this site is quite active hope all is well. Aces like myself pretty much don't reveal that I'm Ace. I guess I'm private that way. Every now and then I get some pressure regarding marriage etc.  

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
PeterPanForever

Dropping in to say hello to everyone and wishing ya'll a wonderful weekend!

• Like 1

Welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂 all our newcomers 

• Like 2

I just turned 45 beginning of this month  and have only discovered that I am ace recently. I am still adjusting to this new reality. So far just figuring it out 

• Like 3

@Divinita, welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂 

13 hours ago, Divinita said:

I just turned 45 beginning of this month  and have only discovered that I am ace recently. I am still adjusting to this new reality. So far just figuring it out 

Welcome! You have just started on a journey that can be so very satisfying. I discovered my ace/aro orientations at age 40, and it took a couple of years for me to process that. I'm 44 now, and it some ways I'm still adapting....

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome. I'm just glad to know that I'm not alone. Luckily I enjoy being by myself a lot. I broke up with someone after a 7-year relationship last October  and felt I may be asexual the last few years of the relationship.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,  I don't usually hang out here much, but its been a pretty long day and atm I actually feel "older" 😂 or at least older than usual. 

My work is hosting an exhibit from local artists tomorrow, so today,  all the artists came by, we rearranged the sales floor, hung photographs and paintings, made displays for artistic jewelry... I get to present some of my artwork as well, so it's been quite an eventful day already. Now I still need to bake some cakes 🍰for tomorrow, figure out with I'm going to wear, and get up early to help manage the event. I also organized a raffle and were going to donate that money to a local organization that offers free warm lunches for needy kids and a place for them to play and do their homework.  I hope the weather is on our side and I'll probably tell you about it tomorrow evening. Or Monday,  I might be too wiped...

• Like 3

Take it one step at a time and I hope everything comes together and is successful.

Have a beautiful day. 

• Like 2

It took me until I was in my 40s to realize I was ace (and I'm still in them). Wish I had found that term earlier. I could have avoided a lot of broken hearts on both sides of the relationships. Thank you for the meetup link. It would be nice to not feel like the only one in my area. 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, idkwmoi said:

It took me until I was in my 40s to realize I was ace (and I'm still in them). Wish I had found that term earlier. I could have avoided a lot of broken hearts on both sides of the relationships. Thank you for the meetup link. It would be nice to not feel like the only one in my area. 

hear ya on that one, sooner would definitely been different. 🍰

Edited by Nima Kat
cake. forgot cake.
  • Like 1
On 8/17/2019 at 5:44 PM, Divinita said:

I am 42 and I figured out I am asexual just a month ago. I have to admit that I am very happy because finally everything makes sense.... It is such a relief! For now I am just enjoying this feeling, in the future I hope to meet other people like us. I hope you will enjoy your new life. Welcome!

• Like 2

thank you for the welcome! I am taking my time figuring out this new version of myself. so glad I am not alone!! ❤️

• Like 3