40's

I went to see Roman J Israel ESQ.  I can relate to the main character in a way.  A nice person who is  burnt out

• Like 1

@newgirl

Oh yeah, the new one with Denzel.

Yeah, a good man who goes bad because of burning out.

Looked interesting, but I'll rent it later.

Thank you

• Like 1

I'm 49, and have come to the view that I think I'm both asexual and aromantic since romance makes no sense to me and I'm abjectly frightened of sex. No idea why, but I have major problems even thinking about sex and romance and relationships with any kind of intimate intent. Is that a 'typical' thing with someone who is or might be considered asexual?

I am *extremely* unwilling to have a woman touch my private areas, and I find it *extremely* difficult to do that to a woman, almost like I really don't know anything about a woman's body from a sexual/intimate perspective.

• Like 3

@zonavar69 welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂 :cake::cake:

There's no real typical asexual. Some, like yourself, and myself, are aromantic, others experience romantic and other forms of attraction. Some enjoy touching and contact, others would quite happily have none 

• Like 2

Hi @zonavar69  Welcome to AVEN and the 40s thread.  I can relate to much of what you posted.  You're among good company!  

@newgirl I'll stream that movie when it's available.  

I hope everyone is well.  Last week I got 2 tattoos!  Once I'm healed, I'll post some pictures.  I planning a few more soon as well.   

• Like 4

Well when I left AVEN last I was part of the 30s. Now that I am coming back I am part of the 40s. Hi to old friends. Everyone else I’m tad. 

• Like 2

Cool faraday, looking forward to the new pictures.

Otherwise, I'm fine too, thanks.

I also have finaly a clue why I'm able to make my skin tingle at will. It's actually a side effect and what I can truly do is access my nervous system and make it vibrate at certain frequencies. And those vibrations are producing the paresthesia that we call "the tingles".

• Like 1

@tadkitty welcome back :cake::cake:

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Nidwin said:

Cool faraday, looking forward to the new pictures.

Otherwise, I'm fine too, thanks.

I also have finaly a clue why I'm able to make my skin tingle at will. It's actually a side effect and what I can truly do is access my nervous system and make it vibrate at certain frequencies. And those vibrations are producing the paresthesia that we call "the tingles".

That's pretty interesting that you have control over paresthesia.   I know some patients with MS experience that sometimes. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, faraday☘ said:

That's pretty interesting that you have control over paresthesia.   I know some patients with MS experience that sometimes. 

That's a bit the weirdness of the situation. While paresthesia is linked to serious deseases for most people, it's just something that a very few can provoke at will since our early or pre teens.

• Like 1
On 11/27/2017 at 5:22 AM, zonavar69 said:

I'm 49, and have come to the view that I think I'm both asexual and aromantic since romance makes no sense to me and I'm abjectly frightened of sex. No idea why, but I have major problems even thinking about sex and romance and relationships with any kind of intimate intent. Is that a 'typical' thing with someone who is or might be considered asexual?

I am *extremely* unwilling to have a woman touch my private areas, and I find it *extremely* difficult to do that to a woman, almost like I really don't know anything about a woman's body from a sexual/intimate perspective.

Welcome, @zonavar69! I have a lot in common with that. I'm ace/aro and I've never dated or had any sort of romantic relationship. That just "doesn't fit" for me. I wouldn't say frightened, but I am definitely sex-repulsed. Y'know what? All of that is OK. I live alone and I like it. I do need some social contact, but I can get that through friends and community.

• Like 2
On 11/27/2017 at 6:22 AM, zonavar69 said:

If it helps, I feel the same way. I'm 41 years old, male and asexual.

• Like 2
AFlyingPiglet
On 11/28/2017 at 6:11 AM, tadkitty said:

Well when I left AVEN last I was part of the 30s. Now that I am coming back I am part of the 40s. Hi to old friends. Everyone else I’m tad. 

Me too!  I haven't really been around on AVEN for a long while (a number of years) but it's nice to come back on here, even if it will be dipping in and out rather than posting a lot.

When I came back on, the first place I headed for was the older asexuals section which probably says a lot about me now.   Also the fact that through AVEN and its forums when I registered in 2009, I worked out that I'm an Aromantic Asexual so don't really need to ask those sorts of questions any more as I'm comfortable in my own skin.  Having said that, the past few years have been very hard indeed .... but that's another story!

No doubt in the time I've been away there have been a lot of people come and go but its nice that some of the familiar people are about too!

• Like 2

(Copied from my post on the main introduction thread)

Greetings,

My name is Mack and I'm brand new here but wanted to introduce myself. I live in Flagstaff, Arizona, I'm 41 and identify as androgyne and asexual and it's wonderful. I've not been asexual my entire life, only the past 5 years and at first did not even realize there were 'words' for what I was feeling and becoming and being. And although I'm defined in that sense, in a non-verbal sense I have no desire to truly be defined. Ever. I enjoy the freedom of fluidity.

About me, okay let's see. I'm divorced and a mother of two grown sons who currently are both enrolled in college. I am a teaching assistant and doctoral student at a college in Prescott, Arizona. I study and teach in the field of humanities but my specific interests are religion, spirituality, and the environment. I always gently remind people that although I teach and study religion, that does not make me religious :ph34r:. I have explored topics related to systems of oppression and identity, religion and ecology, and gender studies for example, I've completed research on androgyny in sacred literature, as well as, rituals and society. I'm happy to discuss my interests with anyone, and LOVE doing so, I've truly found my life's work and I'm intrigued by the board here on intersectionality so I will probably be buzzing around there quite often.

And I also like to have fun:

I hike and on occasion ride ATV's and horseback ride.  I garden in a community garden and grow plants in my home that I speak too and kiss and dance for, I am the consummate roadtripper, and am a foil fencer. I like live music (jazz, blues, folk, world), love animals, and volunteer in my community when my time and health will let me. I read (a lot), really enjoy soy green tea lattes, and am pretty good at being present and sitting still.

Nice to meet you all.

Mack

• Like 3
On 11/27/2017 at 9:13 PM, faraday☘ said:

Hi @zonavar69  Welcome to AVEN and the 40s thread.  I can relate to much of what you posted.  You're among good company!  

@newgirl I'll stream that movie when it's available.  

I hope everyone is well.  Last week I got 2 tattoos!  Once I'm healed, I'll post some pictures.  I planning a few more soon as well.   

I'm almost done with a full sleeve on my right arm. Congrats on your new pieces.

• Like 1

Snow Snow

In California,it's RARE to see snow. I went to South Lake Tahoe   yesturday and play in the snow. 

• Like 3

Welcome @smack12776.  Sounds like you're enjoying your life.  I returned to college and grad school a bit later too. 

Hiya @txviking.  It's always nice to see new folks here in the 40s thread.  

@tadkitty I joined AVEN in my 40s, but in a few years I'll be an official member of the 50s thread.:D

@Iamsammie Thanks.  I have a few upcoming appointments for more, and some touch-ups.  Once I'm done with this round, I'll post some pics.  Good luck with your sleeve, I bet it's pretty cool.:D

@newgirl There's fire in your next of the woods, right?  The snow seems like a nice break though.

• Like 2

I want to see more videos of you on your cool bike walking the dogs. Lol

• Like 2
To Each Their Own

There are several fires here (in Southern California). It hasn’t been this bad in a very long time. 

• Like 2

As much as I miss San Diego, and the desert and West Coast generally, I certainly don't miss the wildfires.  We're in the middle of a cold snap and heavy thunderstorms here in Jacksonville.  Even after weathering two hurricanes, I'll take water over fire.

• Like 2
22 hours ago, newgirl said:

Faraday,

The fire is in Southern California

For some reason I thought you lived in SoCal.

For those who are in the area of the wildfires, I hope you stay safe!!

• Like 3
To Each Their Own
19 hours ago, faraday☘ said:

<snip>

For those who are in the area of the wildfires, I hope you stay safe!!

There are currently 6 wildfires actively burning...I several friends that have been evacuated from their homes and what not, but everyone I know is safe.  The point at which I broke out into to tears is when I read about the horses that died in the Lilac fire. People...I’m good with.  It’s the animals I completely loose my composure over.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, To Each Their Own said:

There are currently 6 wildfires actively burning...I several friends that have been evacuated from their homes and what not, but everyone I know is safe.  The point at which I broke out into to tears is when I read about the horses that died in the Lilac fire. People...I’m good with.  It’s the animals I completely loose my composure over.

My heart breaks more so for animals too.  

• Like 2

Hi - I am new here and in my mid 40's so thought I would save hi

For me life did change in my 40's but not the best way - it was a true mid life crisis, but a real crisis for me, my mental health freaked, and life fell apart. BUT its now getting better and I realised what I needed was company. Not a sexual partner but just someone to spoil and an outlet for my " I want to spoil you" romantic side

Anyway, great to be here and I just know I will find the support I need here x

• Like 2

I  Read in a book, people shouldn't call it a mid life crisis but a time of  questioning. I have sooo many question right now   but no answers after  17 years.

• Like 2

@Adamjonuk welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂 :cake::cake:

@newgirl, I think that they are two slightly different things. A time of questioning and not getting answers is one thing.

Suddenly pretending your in your teens/early twenties is a mid-life crisis 

• Like 3