Your Current Relationship

Cate Perfect

What's the current state of your 'love life'?  

1. 1.

• Happily single
    • Single, but I want a relationship
    • Dating a sexual person
    • Dating an asexual person
    • LTR with a sexual person
    • LTR with an asexual person
    • Married to a sexual person
    • Married to an asexual person
    • Was married to (but am not now) a sexual person
    • Was married to (but am not now) an asexual person
    • Some other option that's somehow been missed out

This poll is closed to new votes

Cate Perfect

Inspired by one of the new married asexual's posts I've decided to make a poll to see how many people here are in relationships and what type.

And I'm happily single. :)

Cate

I'm quite happily single also.

No surprise to the two of you of course.

Happily single too.

Wow, it's so weird to be in the majority. I think I only know one other happily single person in real life....

Er... asexual LTR for me! (whew, feels weird to say that... but I wouldn't say we were "dating" at all!)

Whee, now I feel all small and insignificant next to all the happy singles!

Crap, I screwed up. I put in "LTR with sexual" when I meant "dating sexual".

Oh, and yes, they know about my asexuality.... but I know they don't / can't understand.

*Sigh* Dammit, why, with my moderator powers can I STILL not change my vote?? You should be able to if you need to. (-:þ

What does LTR mean?

I'm happily single! I am not up for that relationship stuff in my life right now.

What does LTR mean?

Long Term Relationship, I think.

I put "Single, but I want a relationship", because I think that falls closest to how I feel. I'm not sure though. I'm really not sure what I want at this point. I used top be sure I wanted a relationship, but after one disasterous relationship and months of being single, I think the latter is better.

Of course, if I had the chance to be in a relationship with someone who was Asexual and who I found that I could get along extremely well with/felt some connection to, I would probably change my mind.

What does LTR mean?

dammit! I knew that! I just forgot. Though, I thought it more closely resembled LOTR. Oh dear.

My first relationship was "longterm". I think I've been turned off from relationships, even though, I was not that interested in relationships to begin with. I always just wanted to find my soulmate and not have to deal with anything beforehand! I still feel that way. >.< Silly me.

I always just wanted to find my soulmate and not have to deal with anything beforehand! I still feel that way. >.< Silly me.

I had the same kind of idealistic view. Actually, I didn't even think about relationships until I was 18 or so, and then it was in those idealized "I'll find someone just like me, and I won't make any stupid choices along the way" terms. My first and only relationship proved me very very wrong.

What does LTR mean?

dammit! I knew that! I just forgot. Though, I thought it more closely resembled LOTR. Oh dear.

Hahaha!! It's on there for our resident hobbits!! (-:þ

I always just wanted to find my soulmate and not have to deal with anything beforehand! I still feel that way. >.< Silly me.

I had the same kind of idealistic view. Actually, I didn't even think about relationships until I was 18 or so, and then it was in those idealized "I'll find someone just like me, and I won't make any stupid choices along the way" terms. My first and only relationship proved me very very wrong.

I think I've been looking for a soulmate for as long as I can remember, but perhaps when I was younger it was in different terms. Throughout grade school school and junior high I just thought relationships were absolutely "stupid" and "rediculous"...I was a skeptic. And then I idealized a ton about my perfect match, or something, maybe that was just my way of being lonely, I don't know. And I had my first relationship and thought I was oh so in love, and I made myself to think, but I knew it was all wrong, I'm sure I must have somewhere. And that messed things up a whole bunch. And so relationships have been quite unappealing ever since, and I guess even before. But, the stupid choices make us learn, and I think that's a positive aspect.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07 1:26 am Post subject:

cait wrote:

Nugan wrote:

cait wrote:

What does LTR mean?

Hahaha!! It's on there for our resident hobbits!! (-:þ

But of course! I think hobbits would make awsome pals. I don't know about romantic pals, but I mean, everyone has their own taste.

I haven't had a relationship, so there's still a childish curiousity on what one would be like. Plus, I wanna have a piggy-back ride on someone that I care about, and who cares about me just as much. That'll be the best.

Happily single 8)

Hevent lived with an adult since I became an adult, and yes, every so often I think how neat it would be if there was someone else around...for about a minute.

• 2 weeks later...

Im in a long term relationship with a sexual, who I met before I identified with being asexual. I've only just told him about how I feel :?

i'm single, and happy about it.

i've got a few dear friends i wouldn't trade the world for, which makes me very rich indeed. and very, very happy.

SpinningIdolStar

I was torn between single and happy about it, and single but want a relationship.

Sometimes, my friends still keep secrets from me, still make me feel like they don't care. I wish I had another asexual person to get close too, and have some sort of relationship with.

-Trey

Miss_Moneypenny

Happily single for me.

It's not just about not wanting to feel pressured into having sex. As a single person, I can enjoy my own mental life, which is very active and satisfying. I study, I read, I follow self-improvement programs, I go on educational visits to places, I write music. All of which would be far more difficult to find time for if I was in a relationship.

Cate Perfect

I used to think I wanted to have a relationship, but things I pictured doing within the relationship were things like reading in the same room, my working on my computer while my companion sketched or read a magazine, etc. Then I realised I never really pictured speaking to this person and what I wanted was my life with a quiet person in the same room. What's the point of that?! :D

'I'm sorry, dear, I didn't start dating you so we could talk.'

Cate

Happily single for the past 5 or so years. I suppose the first year or so of that wasn't so happy, but since I got my head round things I've never even wanted to be in a relationship.

And I'm happier than I've ever been in my life.

Sad to see this "0" next to "dating an asexual person"... Do you think it's impossible? I have tried this, but it seems that the other person found this situation too strange, and wanted something else, even she can't feel herself so good in another way. :(

Well, I put LTR with an asexual, because I wouldn't say we were "dating". We don't go in for that sorta thing, really, but there's been a lot of talk about commitment.

Cate Perfect

And I know of another couple where both members are asexual (and members of this site) but they've not been around lately to vote...

*goes to poke Keith*

Cate

• 3 weeks later...

I keep hoping that someone will come my way....someday. Sometimes I think a few people did come, but I was too busy to notice :(

being single has its advantages. Can't complain much.

Hey, I am a junior member....Yuppi :lol:

Archived