Rethinking some things

worldwanderer

worldwanderer

Hello Everyone! *warning-not really sure this fits here, if it doesn't feel free to move it

Ah life, how you enjoy throwing these curve-balls.

Well let me explain, never in my 23yrs on this earth have I've ever thought I was ever going to be in a relationship that was anything more than just friends.

I lived a quiet life with family, school & friends and the "sexual-ness" of life was never really that big of deal in that situation so the whole issue seemed so far away.

Then along comes "R". He's wonderful :wub: we met at school so my first thought was "oh a new friend for the semester" Its something that happens in college, as most of the people I meet in school seem to disappear after only a semester, but this turned out differently. Long story short, we are now going out & seeing each other on a semi-regular basis (different college degrees, work & generally life gets in the way during the week)

Anyhoo, we've gotten a little closer & we actually made-out (that sounds so juvenile :rolleyes: ) & I'm surprised that I liked it but that's not the curve ball. Its the fact that I woke up in the middle of the night with the biggest "ITCH" I've ever had in years :redface: I started identifying as asexual because those feelings came when I was thirteen and never came up again & life was live-able and enjoyable without them.

By now you're probably wondering why I'm making such a big deal out of it. Maybe it's because I've had to rethink the whole asexual thing. But that's the weird part see because during the week I feel just the same as before i met him, but that feeling just has me questioning if I'm really not as asexual as I thought, demi-maybe? :unsure:

Could be demi or anywhere in Grey- A. The most important is to follow your feelings.

Agreed.

I had a confusing change as well. Thought i was asexual then i had a bunch of feelings arise that i never felt before. At first they were maddening cause i did not know how to cope with them but for me i identify as demisexual but only cause how i feel and how it happens sort of fits that definition. Also i learned that sometimes its best not to figure out why we feel a certain way but to accept we feel that way.

I think I've "become" a grey-a since dating my boyfriend. Kind of scares me a little, but I actually quite enjoy sex with him, which I NEVER thought possible.

Archived