Demisexual Q&A about friend

LCN

I have a friend who doesnt have Asperger's or anything else on the spectrum. she just had the basic basic LD (learning disability) growing up and had speech and reading but is now graduated from medical school. She came a hell of a way from her problems talking like saying "I will go axe my mom if i can stay the night." Things like that. She didnt have anything beyond that. but it did hynder her from getting good grades till she started to come out of that. She doesnt talk like that anymore. She is graduated from medical school so all of this pulled her so far. She doesnt seem to have anything wrong with her now...But, she does fit in with the Demisexual catagory...could she fit in that catagory without having any disability or syndrome really? She has a new bf as of a few weeks and he kisses her at the end of the date at the end of the night...she threw him a kiss on the cheek and he was taken back by that. She was asking me if she had something wrong with her... I told her that I am demisexual and explained that to her and she said "yes!! that so fits me! I am glad to find a friend who gets me how I am!" But I didnt knwo how this works for NT people..she doesnt seem to have any disability beyond her trouble reading and speech but she doesnt have that anymore. So the best I can think is that she is NT with speech trouble. I didnt know who or where to ask this questioin.

The Great WTF

Umm.... being demisexual doesn't have anything to do with mental disorders/disabilities. (I think that's what you're asking about...) I'm not sure where you got such an idea from, but no part of the asexual spectrum is inherently connected to disorders of any kind.

Archived