Demisexual advice

thepenguindude

thepenguindude

First off, I'm a heterosexual male. A few months ago, my girlfriend started identifying as demisexual. Simply put, she claims to be only attracted to me, or guys with certain characteristics that remind her of me. We've been dating for nearly two and a half years, and have never had sex. She enjoys kissing, holding hands, cuddling, etc., but it's never gone farther than that. Lately, though, she's been getting frustrated with her sexuality or lack thereof. Like she feels she's not satisfying me.

I really don't have any specific question to ask, but I figured this was as good a place as any to ask for advice on sexual/demisexual relationships.

SerenadingInsanity

I'm personally in a sexual/demisexual relationship (I'm the demi, by the way), and I get how it could be frustrating for her if she feels like she can't satisfy you. I don't really know what to say as far as advice, but maybe just tell her that you don't mind? The most important thing is not to force her into anything. Just wait for her to come to you when she's ready.

That's kind of all I've got, sorry.

From scoping around here, I'd say communication is the key.

I'm a demi who's just started a relationship. I'll probably be stalking this topic a bit.

Archived