Radio 1

Silestra

Hi All

We got a brief mention on Steve Wright in the afternoon yesterday. (I did post this yesterday, but I think I forgot to put a subject on!)

Sil

Live R Perfect

And what time did it happen? I'm trying to relisten to the show on the BBC website, but I can't sit through the whole 3 hours right now.

Hi Karl

I'm not sure about the time, somewhere in the 3-4 hour I think. He didn't say alot, just one of his factoids, that about 1% of people have no sex drive at all, and they briefly murmured amojgst themselves that yeah, there are some people who just don't seem sexual when you meet them. Actually, I think a customer came in about then, so I didn't really hear if they said much more than that.

Sil

Live R Perfect

I just found it, 10 minutes from the very end of the programme! :) They said that it had been reported on in 'Health Magazine'.

For anyone interested, hit the 15 minute button 7 times and the 5 minute button once, and you only have to wait through about 45 seconds of someone singing about california. (timewise, its at :51 before the final :58. I dont give an exact time, because I got conflicting numbers. I think they adjust the play time for your programmed timezone.)

Only about 30 seconds long. They mention that 1% of people are asexual, and say "hundreds of thousands of people are not interested in sex."

Good math skills, huh?? 1% of six billion is 60 million. (-:þ

I remember the very start of Radio One. The first record ever played was.. I think..Flowers in the Rain, by 'The Move'.

K

Live R Perfect
1% of six billion is 60 million. (-:þ

Approximately the population of the UK, no less. :wink: Well, if we ever have to start our own country then I know JUST the place...

Oh yeah.... and it's Radio 2, not Radio 1, btw ;)

Beat me to it. Took longer to find it than to listen to it...

Approximately the population of the UK, no less. :wink: Well, if we ever have to start our own country then I know JUST the place...

*gasp!* Perpetuating the myth of the proper, uptight english??? For shame!!

(-:þ

Yeah, sorry about the station mix up - I remember when Steve Wright DID used to be on Radio 1, I forgot that all the old fogeys music,(mine) is now on Radio 2!

Well, maybe it wasn't worth the effort, I just thought I'd mention it. It was never likely to be an indepth discussion on Steve Wright anyway, was it!

Sil

Live R Perfect

I s'pose this thread ought to be in World Watch.

Who's the mod round here? *looks around*

*gasp!* Perpetuating the myth of the proper, uptight english??? For shame!!

(-:þ

*cocks eyebrow*

i'm game

I remember the very start of Radio One. The first record ever played was.. I think..Flowers in the Rain, by 'The Move'.

Wasn't that the one with the picture sleeve showing Harold Wilson in flagrante, and The Move had to give up all their royalties on the song ?

Anywayz, I'd love to hear it (the mention on Wright, that is; I already have that Move song). World Watch it is..... *performs the other kind of Move*

Archived