Androgyny test

I scored a 25 and I am biologically male, I was more feminine than I expected, but as some people have said above the test is quite subjective.

Notte stellata

Going through everyone's result, I find it interesting that most people are either androgynous or lean toward the side opposite to their biological sex. :rolleyes:

Well, okay, I might have lied a little bit earlier. I'm not totally cis-gender, since i've always envied the variety that girls have in their clothes, and how colorful their socks and stuff are.

Biological male, scored 21 (feminine).

I do identify as male however, and I express myself androgynously (or so I thought, lmao)

Chrysanthalis

I got +9, putting me RIGHT on the border between Androgynous and Nearly Feminine. Which sounds perfect to me. ^_^ Especially considering my current look. Though I had trouble with categories like "warm" and "strong personality" as well. May retake at later time.

I got score -5, so I'm Androgynous as I already knew x)I'm biologically a female, but I always seem to end up being a bit masculine and androgynous. Never been that feminine and I always have had problems understanding girls xD

I'm biologically a female and I scored +1. It makes sense I guess because my gender isn't something I spend a lot of time thinking about. It's nice to feel balanced :)

I got exactly 0.

Used to get more "masculinity points" when I was younger.

...The male stereotype is apparently an immature, selfish bully... And still, masculinity is ranked higher in many cultures. Weird. (p.s. dont get offended by this, if you're masculine. I'm half-joking.)

Going through everyone's result, I find it interesting that most people are either androgynous or lean toward the side opposite to their biological sex. :rolleyes:

Maybe those of us who are less like their gender are more interested in taking an androgyny test!

Biological male, scored 21 (feminine).

I do identify as male however, and I express myself androgynously (or so I thought, lmao)

... this is interesting. Because I am not very comfortable describing myself as androgynous even though I am... because it might get interpreted as "feminine" and give people the wrong idea of me. Maybe "androgynous" sometimes equals "more like the opposite sex" in our minds. And maybe androgynous people are actually quite common? Though they don't come across as androgynous, because about 50% of their traits are within the norm, so they still often look and act as expected? We tend to fill in the blanks with what we expect, not with what we don't expect. I'm certain a good deal of my acquaintances believe I'm heterosexual, for example.

As for the reliability of the test, it can't be extremely reliable because it requires the taker to make a personal assessment of themselves. What one person might consider a 4 for aggression, someone else might consider a 5, so that's one problem. Another thing is that it's how a person views themselves, which may not be true to how they actually are. This means that more than anything, the test is measuring how androgynous the taker views themselves/their traits.

...very good point. Maybe you should have someone else do the tests for you. That wouldn't give an accurate result either, but it would give some clues about how others see you!

foxwithwings13

Well, Im biologically female and got a +14. So Nearly feminine

AmoebaAssociate

Got -28. Masculine, hmm..... I debate with this. :huh:

+1 (biologicaly female, but my brain doesn´t respect it :lol: )

Boo42069yomomma

I am male and identify as suck, and got a -8 so I'm as feminie as agnostics get. I'm fine with this, and honestly I'd agree with it

AmoebaAssociate

I am male and identify as suck, and got a -8 so I'm as feminie as agnostics get. I'm fine with this, and honestly I'd agree with it

I don't get it :blink:

Boo42069yomomma

So im agnostic (Neither guy of girl, but somewhere in between.) but I'm as feminie as agnostics can be (according to the quiz's scale, that is)

So im agnostic (Neither guy of girl, but somewhere in between.) but I'm as feminie as agnostics can be (according to the quiz's scale, that is)

Perhaps... you mean androgynous?

Boo42069yomomma

Perhaps... you mean androgynous?

Please forgive me, but what does that mean?

The Chaos Heart

Exactly what you described. Neither male nor female.

Agnostic is a religion.

Boo42069yomomma

Exactly what you described. Neither male nor female.

Agnostic is a religion.

Dude, I TOTALLY didn't notice that. Yes, that's what I meant, and I always use one word when I mean the other. My bad!

The Chaos Heart

It's alright. Everyone goofs things up. It's actually kind of funny. Heh.

• 5 months later...
AmoebaAssociate

I've lost 5 masculinity points :lol:

Great Thief Yatagarasu

My psychology teacher gave me a version of this - one of our topics was gender, and while it's been taken off the syllabus, Androgyny was a topic that was discussed.

I took this just now - honest to god, I got 0. I scored 46 in both columns, making me totally androgynous. A lot of those were qualities that I either really strongly share or only display occasionally, so there were lots of threes and fours in there. May I also take this opportunity to ask what the fuck is meant by a "strong personality"?

AmoebaAssociate

I think a strong personality refers to the prominence of it. How much your personality "stands out".

I envy your ability to score a 0 :blush:

cis female, got a 9. not sure how I feel about it.

Archived