HouseMD - Better Half - Asexual

Xades

Asexuality is mentioned in this episode. Tell me what you think about it.

Episode was crock, insulting, and I'm already getting flak about it from people. Everyone is pissed. There's a thread about it over in Word Watch. http://www.asexuality.org/en/index.php?/topic/69609-house-md-asexual-couple/

I know but I want to how it taken after watching the full show not just snippets.

The Great WTF

Episode was crock, insulting, and I'm already getting flak about it from people. Everyone is pissed. There's a thread about it over in Word Watch. http://www.asexuality.org/en/index.php?/topic/69609-house-md-asexual-couple/

I know but I want to how it taken after watching the full show not just snippets.

They're discussing it now if you head to pages 3 and 4, mostly how to do damage control and making our displeasure about the portrayal known to Fox. They essentially invalidated asexuality and the only shining light in see in it is that the wife lied about being aseuxal in order to stay with the man she loved, thus showing a rare case of the sexual being willing to totally give up sex. The mods here aren't very fond of multiple threads on the same topic so they may want to merge this with the one in World Watch.

This would have been a pretty good episode without the asexuality plot. Unfortunately, that part was so offensive it overshadows everything else.

Haven't watched it yet. I'm sure I'll love it, though. If there's anything I like more than House viciously criticizing and belittling people I don't agree with, it's House viciously criticizing and belittling aspects of my own being. Makes me feel like Wilson!

I'm leaving all the topics about House as they are, but keep in mind there are a few that already exist.

RandomDent.

Archived