Guest member25959

What is 'Sexual attraction'?

humantoafault

I think about it a fair bit I guess, but mostly in terms of my OTP lol. I've never dated anyone, so no clue what I'd be like in a relationship

• Like 2

Spectre/Ex/Machina

I've come to describe it as an innate and instinctual desire for partnered sex with a specific person(s) of a specific gender(s). This is based on my observations of allos, how I see them express this particular aspect of themselves. I've never experienced this phenomenon, but I've always been curious and open to engaging in new things. 

• Like 1

humantoafault
9 hours ago, humantoafault said:

I think about it a fair bit I guess, but mostly in terms of my OTP lol. I've never dated anyone, so no clue what I'd be like in a relationship

Me: *imagines my OTP having sex* rad

Me: *imagines me having sex* huh, weird

• Like 4

lemon_lime
On 8/16/2019 at 10:17 PM, humantoafault said:

Me: *imagines me having sex* huh, weird

Me: *imagines me having sex* oh my god my eyes! My brain! Get it out! Get it out!!! 
🤣

• Like 1

WilliamJJackson

I live this. I have what I call physical attraction to women. I have no problem seeing one, appreciating her beauty. But I'm also demi and can't fathom just even dating someone I didn't know very well first and having a mutual desire to be around them. To me it makes sense (and here with y'all), but explaining it is tiresome. Just yesterday ( I'm an indie author) someone commented on my story on Wattpad about my first ace PC. They felt my PC liking the way his female friend looked but hating sex made him not ace. They even sent it to some asexual friends of theirs for review lol. Me saying I'm ace and explaining it meant nothing. Weird.

DeviousDex
On 1/18/2012 at 10:39 AM, Guest member25959 said:

So, what is sexual attraction, you ask?

As the AVENwiki states, 'Sexual attraction is a feeling that sexual people get that causes them to desire sexual contact with a specific other person.'

But we can expand on this:

This is something that is often grouped together with sexual desire, and vice versa. But don't be fooled! The two do not equate, as is explained here:

You've probably seen term 'sexual attraction' thrown around a lot on AVEN, and you may have wondered how it feels. Well, here are some insightful analogies:

And PiF's humorous analogies:

As noted earlier, sexual attraction and sexual desire are two distinct experiences. Meaning, you can experience one and not the other, which also means that you can not experience sexual attraction, whilst experiencing sexual desires, and vice versa.

Seems confusing? Fact is, sexuality isn't always so straight forward, as is thoroughly explained in 'Sexuals aren't all the same either...I think'. Everyone's sexuality has unique qualities.

CBC shares their experiences here.

Hopefully this thread has been helpful, hopefully now you are more in the know. biggrin.gif

Quick summary:

If you wish to read further into this subject, and others, have a read though the 'Asexual-Sexual Q&A thread'

A big thanks to 'gnik', 'That One', 'Jillanimal', 'Olivier' and 'SkulleryMaid' for their contributions that contributed led to this thread's creation.

Thanks for reading

In response to some confusion:

Edit by Faeriefate

It has come to the attention of the Q&A moderator that the definitions of Sexual Attraction and Sexual Desire as stated here are confusing, and not everyone agrees with them. For further understanding of these definitions, please visit the Helpful info for those questioning their (a)sexuality thread and read the related post.

I mean you can have desire and 0 attraction. Some people are sexually into objects or scenes but not into doing stuff with people.