What is 'Sexual attraction'?

Guest member25959

Nearest analogy would be when you're too physically absorbed by exercise to think.

Never happened to me. I am usually thinking "OMG, has it been long enough? Ergh, no, 10 more minutes... ok... I can do this..."

Hey, actually, that's kinda how I feel during sex too...

Boy... You are feeling sexual desire in that situation. That's what sexual desire feels like.

I could be wrong but I think Jade gets that... which is why he'd stop using the asexual label then.

None of the thoughts are coherent. AVEN makes it seem as though you should wait for the neon flashing sign in your brain that says "fuck now!" and it's not like that at all.

I agree. You can feel sexual attraction without feeling sexual desire. That's how I usually experience it.

I meant when you're kinda fooling around with someone. The thoughts aren't coherent and the desire to progress to sex isn't as obvious as AVEN would have people think. It can be very subtle, and as someone has already said, along the lines of "more, more please" rather than "drop everything, let's fuck!"

• Like 1
newMasturbator

I just had to ask a question... but didn't event read all of the replies, because chances are I'd forget the question by the time I finished.

Just how uncommon is it for someone to not engage in masturbation, even among the ace community? Because I don't. Now I'm starting to feel like a minority in a minority.

Also, reading some of this begins to make me wonder if I should even bother considering myself as asexual since no one can decide on what it means.

I am MORE confused and frustrated by all of this than I already was and feel less and less like I can identify with people I came here hoping to have more understanding with.

Those of us who are not interested in masturbation / lack a libido are a minority. But, we exist. There is a non-libiodist thread that Ithaca started a while ago.

I can go months without masturbation, I can masturbate 5 times a day including orgasms. I don't feel any different in either situation.

I wonder how that can be explained.....

This is something I discovered past week, so it's an extremely recent discovery. I'm 23, I kid you not.

newMasturbator

I always assumed I couldnt masturbate to orgasm because I tried in my teens and it didn't work....then recently I gave it a go and it worked. Then I repeated it many times (I know what turns me on now, I didn't know before) and now I realise my body works just fine. I thought I was broken or something.

I feel like a moron now, 23 year old guy discovers how to masturbate :blush:

• Like 1

@Jade: Think of arousal like this. You can breathe without really thinking about it. But when you put your mind to it, you can stop breathing. So it's a mostly physical thing, but it can be affected by the mind, too. Also, I am now breathing consciously, this wasn't a good example, **** me.

• Like 3

Several times a night, for most physically health men, apparently. I wonder if that includes sex repulsed asexual men?

TMI

Oh, did I misunderstand the meaning of the word comatose? I meant literal coma, where even natural breathing stops. I had a surgery for some testicle-related something, and while they were at it they induced an erection to see what was up with my foreskin (which they removed while they were at it, without my prior knowledge, thanks mom, no really, I'm glad they did that).. Anyway, the point is, brain isn't really needed at all for erection, it just can influence it.

• Like 1
Autumn Season

Some male spiders can, err,

fuck after being beheaded.

This is how amazing male anatomy is.

• Like 3

isnt circumcision at older than toddler ages supposed to be non recommended for the increased risk of damage?

Google it. There are medical reasons for it. Constricted foreskin or whatever the english name is.

Now I wonder if the original Kinsey study only counted people toward "X" who don't masturbate / don't fantasize about someone of any gender while masturbating.

Depends on what "reactions" is supposed to mean, right? :P

For what it's worth, I (libidoist, masturbating to pictures of naked women, but with no fantasy of having sex with them nor any desire to do so) once did the online Kinsey test, and it did place me into the "X" group.

isnt circumcision at older than toddler ages supposed to be non recommended for the increased risk of damage?

Google it. There are medical reasons for it. Constricted foreskin or whatever the english name is.

Phimosis.

Geez, by how you're talking, I don't think I'll ever be able to have normal sex ever again. My whole "have sex" subroutine has been satured with "INTERRUPT! If condition: Is the person whose genitals you want to touch asexual? On true, abort!" No room for having my head removed there. x_X

Hahah, now that I think about it, basically my sex primitives have been virtualized, because there's malicious code in there that I can't risk executing directly. This has to become my new pickup line. "Baby, do you want to test my VM for security vulnerabilities?"

Autumn Season

At least you both know how to. Me, I wouldnt know what an orgasm is if it hit me in the face, Definitely never felt anything as what people described it as

The one time, the ONE time I could've done with a TMI warning... For future reference Jade, being able to put the words 'orgasm' and 'hit me in the face' in the same sentence without blinking is definitely an asexual thing.

I don't know if you're being funny on purpose, but you do brighten my day by making me laugh with many of your posts.

Some male spiders can, err,

fuck after being beheaded.

This is how amazing male anatomy is.

is there a spiderman joke hidden there somewhere?

No? But if you find one, do tell!

• Like 1

It was a joke. I'm sure a lot of people like it. I don't.

At least you both know how to. Me, I wouldnt know what an orgasm is if it hit me in the face, Definitely never felt anything as what people described it as

The one time, the ONE time I could've done with a TMI warning... For future reference Jade, being able to put the words 'orgasm' and 'hit me in the face' in the same sentence without blinking is definitely an asexual thing.

:rolleyes:

Now I wonder if the original Kinsey study only counted people toward "X" who don't masturbate / don't fantasize about someone of any gender while masturbating.

Depends on what "reactions" is supposed to mean, right? :P

For what it's worth, I (libidoist, masturbating to pictures of naked women, but with no fantasy of having sex with them nor any desire to do so) once did the online Kinsey test, and it did place me into the "X" group.

I took a Kinsey test and came out as asexual too, but I wasn't identifying as asexual at the time so I dismissed the results.

• Like 1