How do "sexual" people view sex?

friendly61

I've only recently figured out that I'm actually asexual, mainly just from noticing over time that I don't view sex in the same way that most people seem to. I don't understand the idea of feeling sexually attracted to someone, so it would be really interesting for me if someone could explain what it's like. I see people in a "I'd like to get to know you better" kind of way, but not in a "I want to have sex with you" kind of way, but I always assumed that's what everyone else felt... I never fantasize about people in that way either...

Though considering this is a forum for asexuals, I might have to take my question elsewhere... XD

Hi, Friendly, welcome to AVEN. :cake:

I think you've actually figured it out. Sexual people do feel sexual attraction toward particular other people (not everyone, of course), and when they feel that very physical feeling, it manifests as "I'd like to have sex with that person."

There is such a thing as asexual attraction, which means "I'd like to know that person better" or what we sometimes call aesthetic attraction, where we feel that someone is very physically attractive. But we don't mean sexually attractive, just that we like to look at that person.

So -- you already know! We don't need to actually understand how someone feels something to know that they feel it (and that we don't).

Archived