What's a "squish"?

Well, according to the AVENwiki:

A squish is an aromantic crush, a desire for a platonic relationship with someone.

...As opposed to a crush, which is the desire for a romantic relationship. Usually when a person has a squish on someone, they want to get to know them better and form a close friendship with them.

A squish is an aromantic crush, a desire for a platonic relationship with someone.

...As opposed to a crush, which is the desire for a romantic relationship. Usually when a person has a squish on someone, they want to get to know them better and form a close friendship with them.

So I can have a squish on a gay friend of mine? I know he's gay, and I'm married, but I just want to spend time with him cuz he's so great.

Reminds me of Finding Nemo. "I shall call him squishy and he will be mine. He shall be my squishy"

So I can have a squish on a gay friend of mine? I know he's gay, and I'm married, but I just want to spend time with him cuz he's so great.

Yep, it's possible to have a squish on anyone. More than anything, the squish is characterized by being interested in a person and wanting to spend time with them and form a close, though not romantic, connection with them. Much like you said. :)

Reminds me of Finding Nemo. "I shall call him squishy and he will be mine. He shall be my squishy"

LOL there's actually another squish thread on here that uses a YouTube of that exact clip from the movie to explain it. Great scene!

Okay, now I'm being stupid, but what is the difference between platonic and romantic connection? Or the difference between squish and crush? I don't get it.

Okay, now I'm being stupid, but what is the difference between platonic and romantic connection? Or the difference between squish and crush? I don't get it.

A platonic relationship is a connection between two people that involves no romance, so it's like what you'd consider a typical friendship or acquaintanceship. When a person has a squish on someone, they essentially want to have a very good friendship with that person.

Compare this to a crush, where someone wants to form a romantic relationship with someone else; this would be more along the lines of a boyfriend/girlfriend/significant other relationship. As the name suggests, romantic relationships involve more romance or "loving" actions/behaviors than do platonic relationships, which are generally just knowing a person well.

In each case, emotional attachment can be formed between the partners, but the type of relationship is defined by the manner in which the partners act towards each other: either friendly or more loving. Sometimes the line between the two types can be fuzzy. Other times platonic relationships/friendships can lead to romantic feelings and desires and thus might lead to a romantic relationship.