would you take a cure?  

1. 1.

• Yes, definitely
    • Probably
    • Don't know
    • Probably not
    • Definitely not

This poll is closed to new votes

I wish this poll had a "Definitley Not" option.

I like being asexual; it agrees very well with my generally independent/borderline misanthropic personality. I do not see relationships and sex as "worth it" in my life, and I value the insight and outsider's perspective that being asexual has given me. Also, being asexual has no doubt shaped many aspects of my personality already, and I like the way that I am as a person. I wouldn't change a thing.

Yes, ditto that. Except for some fleeting moments at the height of being peer presured, I've never wanted to want to be "normal." In fact, I remember, back when I thought everyone turned out homosexual or heterosexual, that even though straight is probably easier, I would rather be gay, just because, I don't know, being part of the normal group didn't seem to reflect my personality. But, like you, I am most satisfied with being aromantic and asexual, as I think about the other options. I'm still pretty young though and maybe I will "finally fall madly" for someone, the way folks keep saying. I hope not. But if I were to fall in love, maybe even have sexual attraction, I wonder if I would wish I were a-a, or embrace it...I hope it stays theoretical.

I like the obective perspective, like you said, too. Up until this year, maybe 14 months ago, I didn't know anyone else was a-a, or even that there was a lable for it. I thought maybe there was something wrong with me. Still, there was this sort of anti-establishment wish to be "messed-up" in this way, just the same. Now that I've been on AVEN and reading some blogs, I'm inclined to think there's nothing wrong with my asexuality and have totally embraced it----well, privately and here in the forum; I'm still in the closet.

Also like you said, I'm sort of borderline introverted-extroverted and not misanthropic, so much as irreverant toward much of modern culture and not a "people person." So it would probably be strange for me if I wasn't a-a.

Sorry, i just have to say this quote:

"They wish to cure us. But I say, we are the cure." ~Magneto

And no, i don't think asexuals are some sort of cure of humanity or superior beings or anything. I just immediately remembered this quote when i read the title of this thread. :D

And no, i wouldn't take a cure if there was a cure.

No freaking way! Not even if someone paid me.

Definitely Not because I'm happy like this. n.n

I don't feel like something's wrong with me, even when people talk about dating, I see it as just another preference some people have that I don't share. Makes it a bit awkward since I don't care about it. I don't feel awkward because I don't care about it.

I'm happy being this way because it makes sense to me. It's simple and carefree. I like that.

Definitely no .

I believe that if someone truly loves me no sex would be involved period. So even with a cure I may turn celibate.

I definitely would not. Even the thought of being an sexually person is very disturbing to me. It's not who I am and I wouldn't want to compromise the person that i am. It is certainly something that would be life changing

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Vampyremage

Definitely not. Although it can sometimes make things more complicated, I like the way I am overall. There is nothing wrong with me and I'm not sure why I would want to have sex on the brain all the time anyway. From my observations, I think I'm much more content not having to deal with the inconvenience of having a sex drive and being in constant desire of sex and sexual activities during the times when I'm not in a relationship. When I am in a relationship then there are simply more interesting and entertaining things to do than to have sex. Seems to be much more productive this way.

No.

Anyone who considers me "diseased" can shove their "cure" right up their ass as far as I'm concerned.

Nope! I'm perfectly happy with who I am :3

• 3 months later...

No way in hell, I wouldn't want the cure even if it was caused by something. I am happy the way I am. :)

No.

Anyone who considers me "diseased" can shove their "cure" right up their ass as far as I'm concerned.

This.

I'm perfectly happy with myself and my asexuality!!

• 3 months later...

Why not? It'd make my life easier, anyway.

That being said, I would definitely take a cure for aromanticism over asexuality. I think, if anything, aromanticism is what sets me apart from the general population, not asexuality. I think people can understand the lack of desire for sex a lot better than the lack of desire for a romantic companion. I'd rather be called frigid than coldhearted or aloof any day.

Definitely not! (And it was just today that I came across the query: 'Curing Asexuality').

I've been thinking for a while before voting.

I'm fine with being an ace and I don't think it's bad. Sometimes it is awesome and it's a part of me, like my body or my temper. If it changed I wouldn't be myself anymore.

Unfortunately I'm very romantic and till now all my relationships have failed because of orientation incompatibility. That's why I've been considering the "probably yes" option. But then I thought that, even if I were sexual, that wouldn't mean that I'd be happy in a relationship. Not all sexuals have a significant other, and not all aces are forever alone. So, after thinking about it, my answer is "probably no". I don't want sex, I want someone to love me for what I am! :P I want to build a relationship, I want to establish good communication and be trusted. That's much more important and much more difficult than sex.

Since this is a very old thread, it's being locked as part of a plan to clean up Census and keep the information in threads up-to-date. If you're interested in reading or taking part in the discussion, here it is.

Please, feel encouraged to create a new Census thread for this topic, and feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns you may have!

Larien, Census mod

Archived