Remove your libido

QuantumDot

1. 1. Would you?

• No. I don't have a libido to begin with.
    • No. I don't want to get rid of my libido.
    • Yes. Hormone Treatment.
    • Yes. Surgery (neurological).
    • Yes. Electronic Implant
    • Yes. Psychotherapy.
    • Yes. Spiritual Guidance.
    • Yes. (Non-hormonal) Pill-based treatment.

This poll is closed to new votes

For now, no, I wouldn't want to take away my libido. Like some of the others who are of the same persuasion, my libido really doesn't bother me. I don't feel like my judgment is clouded by it enough to make me do something stupid, either. So, basically, if it's not causing me trouble and doesn't bother me ... why take it away? *shrug* In my case, I just don't see the point.

And, hey, if I ever become romantically involved with a sexual person, it might be a useful thing to have. :blush:

I voted "yes, hormone treatment" as basically that's what I'm already doing....I take the Pill for ovarian cyst treatment and that does a pretty good job (part of me can't help but wonder if the pill also prevents pregnancy by killing a woman's libido in addition to simply stopping ovulation - not only does she not ovulate, she also has no interest in having sex to begin with!) of doing away with one's libido.

Some of the SSRI's are also libido-killers but I swear the Pill is the best libido-snuffer I've ever used, and I swear I am much happier w/o it. The Pill may not kill it entirely, but it is rather like driving a car with the emergency brake on - you can still go, but it takes a lot more effort to do so.

This is interesting! Did you know there was a study on ovulation in females that used exotic dancers as subjects? They found that, during the time of ovulation, those females who were not on birth control earned more in tips than those who were on birth control (I assume they were using the pill, but I don't recall what it was exactly). I think what you're saying speaks to the interpretation of this study. It's not so much that the males are picking up on signs that the female strippers are fertile. It's probably more that the females are simply more interested in sex at the time of ovulation and do better at arousing their patrons, thus eliciting more tips because they're doing their job well.

Anyway. Here's a link that briefly talks about the study. http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200709/the-strippers-secret

TRAlexzandria

I have a very low libido so i dont have the desire to get rid of it because it almost never bothers me, i practically dont have it... but if i did i'd want to get rid of it

I have one, and it doesn't give me trouble, but could do without it. I'm not seeking to get rid of it, but if it just vanished, I wouldn't mind.

Eh. I'd give it a shot. It's really just an annoyance anyway.

Probably hormone therapy, because that seems easiest and I'm a lazyass.

I'm not actually sure what I might define as my 'libido' . . . or if I have one at all? I mean, I occasionally get the desire to, er, to put it delicately, do something about it myself, but if I don't follow up, it is just kind of an irritant - less than an itch - for a half-hour or so, and then it is gone.

I am a writer, and I actually do write very detailed scenes of intimacy and love-making, but I have never been affected by what I'm writing in that sense, and I never write because I have a desire for said things. *shrug* I have no idea how to even start defining said libido or even enough of an idea to say I don't or do have one, so answering whether I'd want it removed, and what I'd be willing to do for that . . . doesn't really work, I guess? :P

My libido it's disapearing by itself, as time goes it becomes weaker.

Boo42069yomomma

Would you undergo therapy to remove your libido (if you have one) and what kind?

Of course, there are no side effects of this treatment, you only lose your libido.

A short post describing the reasons behind your choice would be very interesting, so please post!

HELL YES!

It gets annoying considering I'd never want sex.

• 3 weeks later...

I would get rid of it, although it is not that strong, I would still prefer for it to be gone completely.

honor is all

I'm an artist, I need my libido to be creative :D

Libido has nothing to do with creativity. As a 1000% non-libidoist, amateur dancer, musician and boheme-chic outfit designer I can attest libido is irrelevant to artistry. Either that or my artistic abilities/talents/tastes are rubbish. :(

I'm not still sure of whether I'm asexual or not, but I think that yes, I will remove it only temporary and save the chance to use it in the future, for me libido is many times a condemn, not a gift.

• 2 weeks later...
BookwormKaoru

My libido doesn't bother me at all and I don't mind it being there. It's just a part of life, you know?

HighwayToHell

You know what they say: don't fix it if it ain't broken. There are obstacles no matter what you want.

The cake is a lie!

Saltpeter (potassium nitrate) is often given to children at camps, soldiers in the army, and prisoners in jail. In my youth I would buy tons of that stuff to use on powerful home made rockets. The people behind the counter at the baking supply store would always give me funny looks when I did. I didn't do anything illegal with these rockets, but I did bake the Saltpeter into a combustible peanut brittle to disguise it from the authorities. The cops came by a couple of times. What were they going to bust me for, toy rockets and peanut brittle? Also, Chaste tree berry (Vitex agnus-castus) known as “monk’s pepper” was used to dampen libido in the Middle Ages.

• 3 months later...

Saltpeter (potassium nitrate) is often given to children at camps, soldiers in the army, and prisoners in jail. In my youth I would buy tons of that stuff to use on powerful home made rockets. The people behind the counter at the baking supply store would always give me funny looks when I did. I didn't do anything illegal with these rockets, but I did bake the Saltpeter into a combustible peanut brittle to disguise it from the authorities. The cops came by a couple of times. What were they going to bust me for, toy rockets and peanut brittle? Also, Chaste tree berry (Vitex agnus-castus) known as “monk’s pepper” was used to dampen libido in the Middle Ages.

I've never heard of the saltpeter thing, but after a little research, I found this letter:

http://letter.ie/0015/0018.html

Claiming that "Salt Peter"[sic] was added to the soldier's food. But then, in the Snopes article:

http://www.snopes.com/military/saltpeter.asp

The idea is 'busted' as False.

But I wasn't aware of Monk's Pepper before now, and it looks interesting. Thank you for your input.

I voted "yes, hormone treatment" as basically that's what I'm already doing....I take the Pill for ovarian cyst treatment and that does a pretty good job (part of me can't help but wonder if the pill also prevents pregnancy by killing a woman's libido in addition to simply stopping ovulation - not only does she not ovulate, she also has no interest in having sex to begin with!) of doing away with one's libido.

Some of the SSRI's are also libido-killers but I swear the Pill is the best libido-snuffer I've ever used, and I swear I am much happier w/o it. The Pill may not kill it entirely, but it is rather like driving a car with the emergency brake on - you can still go, but it takes a lot more effort to do so. So I could probably work up enough of something to masturbate, but I just figure why bother. I have better things to do with my time these days.

And yes I'm an artist and at this point in my life I don't feel that my creativity is being squelched due to a lack of libido. I do think, however, that when I was young it may have inspired me because it could get really bad when I was in my teens and 20's, that and riding the hormone rollercoaster of the female menstrual cycle - at certain parts of my cycle I could be incredibly creative, but also quite melancholy at other times. I miss the "highs" of my cycle (not the libido, just the energy and creativity) since I've been on the pill, but not all the painful symptoms of the cysts that caused me to seek treatment.

My libido has caused me much frustration in the past, so I'm quite content as I am now, with it being low to non-existent. In addition, libido and masturbation tend to bring back bad memories of being sexually abused as a child and I'm more than happy to leave that part of my life behind forever.

This is very, very interesting. To be honest, my libido is quite low, with occasional itches, but I would definitely undergo hormone treatment to suppress it.

Unfortunately, I'm unaware of a 'Pill' analogue for males (yet).

Don't have one, but if I did, I couldn't imagine myself wanting to keep it. I can't help but see it as a probable pain in the ass.

Nope. Don't have one. Never had one. Would have been nice to have the option to have a libido or not though... *grumbles at self*

UnderTheRose

I'm don't even have one (thank goodness). But if did... Then I probably would have it removed as soon as I possibly could. Do not want!!!! :evil: It's just something I don't think I would ever want deal with. I'm so glad that I don't have one :lol:

• 1 month later...
WhenSummersGone

I voted yes by hormone treatment, I absolutely would. I find mine really annoying where I'll be in situations and it flares up. I couldn't even go on a family vacation for a week 2 months ago without having the urge to masturbate. It's just really really annoying and painful if I don't do something about it. My life would be so much better without it!

(sorry for the bump if this isn't allowed)

• 2 months later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Lady Girl, Moderator

Archived