goths....../punks/sex pistols

(SP)

............ok so goths............. i think i have a slice of that in me a bit, and i have occasionally heard the word asexual connected to it, its supposed to be..... in its stereotype all about being sad and dark and asexual, apparently........... see here for more stuff that i found.............................. http://www.geocities.com/mowgli92107/billygoat.htm

http://www.excellentonline.com/article.php3?story_id=718

2012 Mod Edit: It seems that the first link's content cannot be found, but the second link's content has been archived here.

Eta Carinae

The stereotypical goth can have sex. It just has to be tragic sex. ;)

Seriously, though, goth culture != asexual. Hell, goth culture doesn't even seem to really hold up asexuality as an ideal (I've heard that industrial does, but that could just be a rumor). The BDSM scene is, in some cases, pretty closely tied to the goth scene. I go onto goth clothing sites, in fact, and have to wade through icky fetish clothing and yards of PVC. And then there's the fact that vampires, the stereotypical goth creature, are considered to be metaphors for sexuality. And the Romantics, who form some of the movement's idols, were pretty into sensual pleasure, IIRC.

Hi,

when it comes to music styles, punk in Britain was pretty asexual by it's politics. Johnny Rotten used to say "sex is just 3 minutes of squishing noises". Also the idea of the apparent "ugliness" of punks helped to get girls and boys together without sexual lure.

This isn't any kind of rule, but punk was something different from the exaggerated macho-rock sexuality of the 70s.

Mikey

Individualism IS politics, at least in the sense I understand the word.

What's more, for example Pistols & The Clash had huge statements about the society. Rotten also stated in his autobiography that the most meaningful thing Pistols ever made was that they got people in Britain get together, past the class boundaries. I thinks it's a rather political view.

And when punk became a movement, individuality meant looking just like everyone else in the group.

Mikey

bard of aven

Goth is OK, but I'm more of a Romanesque guy. I do like the pointy arches, tho.

boa

I go onto goth clothing sites, in fact, and have to wade through icky fetish clothing and yards of PVC.

But . . . But, I like PVC! *cries*

It has that l33t Matrix look hehe.

I always considered myself a geek with a bit of goth sensibilities. I just hate makeup and jabbing metal into my body and clothing. Also, the music can be a bit pretentious. :P

Just remember, people. PVC, like spandex, is a privilege, not a right. PVC + me = "Scary, very scary". :)

So i was going to do this as a seperate post but others have brought it up already and it is sort of similar, so what the hell, but yeah the band The sex pistols have made some quotes about sex that are interesting

that first one making fun of sex as just squirming and squishing....

Also this one- ~"Mum, I don't see what people see in sex. I don' get anything out of it." -Sid at age 16 to his mother after a few one night stands.

(from here)http://www.cape.k12.me.us/public/cehs/scho.../sidquotes.html

...and well i can't find the others but i know one is about finding sex ugly and boring, and another is about not wanting/'getting' sex...that all sounds close to asexuality, but i'm pretty sure they all had sex , and had girlfriends....

039_22291.jpg

Eta Carinae
.. and well i can't find the others but i know one is about finding sex ugly and boring, and another is about not wanting/'getting' sex......that all sounds close to asexuality, but i'm pretty sure they all had sex , and had girlfriends....

This paragraph gave me the feeling that their attitude about sex is similar to my attitude about pancakes: I don't want them, except for when I do.

Archived