Are you extroverted or introverted?

KAGU143

Are you extroverted or introverted?  

1. 1.

• introverted
    • extroverted

This poll is closed to new votes

GirlDreamer

I describe myself as a raging introvert. I can function fine in society, but crowds drain my battery like crazy. I need to be alone at least a couple of hours everyday just to read or play computer or something.

ISTJ, your exact opposite, Lady Snufflebottoms.

It´s a lot like that for me too. If I spend the whole day with someone, I´ll have to sit up extra late to just have some time by myself :P

Whoah what a big majority of us are introverted :blink: (me included) Surprising...

I think most of the time I'm introverted, which means I usually enjoy being in my own world. But when I'm with other people I can be very open too :P

I'm also extremely introverted. I need a lot of alone time, both because of my introversion and pretty severe anxiety that makes socializing difficult and stressful. About 90% of my day, usually, is spent alone; otherwise, I feel exhausted or even irritable. This doesn't apply to online interaction with my few close friends, though. I'm truly glad of the internet because it allows me to talk while still being physically alone (a good alternative to phones, too, which make me uncomfortable). When I do get out, I prefer one-on-one things, but if there has to be a group, the smaller, the better. Also, my "job"--being a housekeeper for my parents--keeps me mostly out of the discomfort and anxiety that I would experience if I were to have a typical job or attend college, so my room is always close, waiting for me when I need it.

asexual cake

I am profoundly introverted. It takes me several months to develop the courage/motivation to talk to someone, and I get very anxious about approaching people when I'm unexpected or I don't know them well (and this causes several physical markers of stress, like a significantly sped up heartbeat - like, comparable to its speed during strenuous exercise).

• 2 weeks later...

I, quite honestly, don't know anymore. I became very introverted at one point, but during the past few years I've swung in the opposite direction, hard. I still can be several days or weeks alone since I quite like being by myself and I tend to not actively connect with anybody even if I'm sharing the same living space with them. But when someone contacts me, I'm like, cool -- I think I'm going to talk until you want to get a drill and drive it through your ear drums. I hardly ever feel awkward around people unless they're trying to have inappropriate physical contact with me: I'm the kind of person who has pleasant chats with crazies and drunkards on the streets or the train if they approach me and I tell big fat lies on the spot to charity people hunting for donations. I am also studying for a highly social profession.

Introspective Dreamer

I am very introverted. I usually require a great deal of recharge time and I am not one to usually approach people. Even though introversion ans shyness are two separate characteristics, I am also really shy. So shy that I am nervous to call people on the phone and even to post a message on a message board sometimes.

Introverted and I am not surprised that most people on aven are.

If I recall correctly, there may be a greater number of introverts on message boards or using facilities similar to them on internet overall. If we go by the Jungian definition of introversion- with an introverted function being one's dominant function- then in the general population, at least according to the statistics I last examined, there is a slightly larger number of introverts to extroverts. The figures were:

Introverts- 51%

Extroverts- 49%

I'm definitely more on the introverted side of the spectrum...but I can be extroverted when I am in a position where I need to be that way. :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

I am introverted (although, I was less introverted before 3rd year in school). When I was 9, I was bullied and well, I lost interest in trying to find friends (but I was still happy!) and started to spend time on my own. (This resultet in me reading good books :P)

• 4 weeks later...
tintinnabula

I'm an introvert. I don't like meeting new people, I don't like public get-togethers like dances, I spend most of my time alone, and essentially all of my hobbies can only be done alone. However, I would probably be less introverted if I wasn't so socially phobic. Being around people is exhausting because I'm constantly on edge, afraid they're judging me or that I'll commit a social faux pas.

Introverted.

I just saw the results of the poll, even though i was totally not surprised to see that AVENites were introverted, i wouldn't have expected such a huge percentage :blink:

Archived