(A)sexual documentary

DancingDragon

DancingDragon

Went to the New Orleans screening of (A)sexual today and really enjoyed it. I thought they did a great job with it. Wondering if anyone else has seen it yet and what you thought?

Saw it, liked it. Can't wait for it to be on Netflix. I really think they should have a page for it on wikipedia, it's a huge breakthrough (or at least on our own AVENwiki).

DancingDragon

Yeah, I'm surprised there is not more talk about it here on AVEN. Its one of the most comprehensive media resources on asexuality we have right now.

Yeah, I'm surprised there is not more talk about it here on AVEN. Its one of the most comprehensive media resources on asexuality we have right now.

Well, there was a bit of a flutter about it when it came out, but the opportunities to see it have been so few so far that not many people have gotten a chance to see it and evaluate it for themselves yet. But, with all these AAW showings coming up, I expect that will be changing. ( I for one am super excited about being able to finally go see it this month)

Saw it, liked it. Can't wait for it to be on Netflix. I really think they should have a page for it on wikipedia, it's a huge breakthrough (or at least on our own AVENwiki).

Wait--Is it going to be on Netflix?

I was excited when I realized it would be showing in my area, but then I realized I will have an exam that night. :o

I'd heard something about someone doing a documentary, but the info was at least a year old. I didn't realize it made it through. Well, great! Now I can look forward to finding it somewhere.

Wait--Is it going to be on Netflix?

Sometime in 2012. So close yet so far.

Went to the New Orleans screening of (A)sexual today and really enjoyed it. I thought they did a great job with it. Wondering if anyone else has seen it yet and what you thought?

Hey DD, there were a bunch of us in Seattle that went to the showing last night. It was AWESOME! I loved that there is something a little more accessible to the general public that is out there now (although it won't be commercially available to average consumers for a while yet). I really appreciated that David was there, and one of the points he made was that the film was not only a mechanism to increase the visibility of the Asexual community (no pun intended) but also to open more spaces for conversation.

I feel really pleased with the world right now :cake:

I haven't heard of this until now... I hope it will show up on Netflix soon so I can watch it!

Aw, but then I realized Netflix has that "recently viewed" thing. I'm a closet ace who shares my Netflix account with my parents. Foiled at every turn! :angry:

There's supposed to be a showing tomorrow in my state, and I can't go because I'm not out to my parents yet. Grrr, argh, and other annoyed noises.

There's supposed to be a showing tomorrow in my state, and I can't go because I'm not out to my parents yet. Grrr, argh, and other annoyed noises.

I'm sure there's some way of going without blatantly dropping a hint that you're asexual. What's the worst that can happen if they suspect it anyway?

I get to watch it on Wednesday! Warwick Pride are showing it as part of Asexual Awareness Week. I was so happy when I found this out.

Showing in Berkeley very soon YAY! I shall be attending as far as I know :]

Showing in Berkeley very soon YAY! I shall be attending as far as I know :]

Hooray! I hope to see you there!

Anyone know how you get a copy in order to screen it in your town? I'm in the UK and Warwick is too far to go for a film! Wouldn't mind putting it on where I am though.

Måskemigselvetsted

There's a screening at the MIX*COPENHAGEN film festival (nominated for best documentary!) on the 25th of October - I'm thinking of going :)

http://www.mixcopenhagen.dk/asexual

Some hours ago I realised this. And I really wanted to see it! Why did I have to be a day too late? :unsure:

But I'm so happy they showed it anyway ^^

I saw it yesterday at MIX COPENHAGEN.

It was awesome! I think it's really great that a documentary has been made and that it has been showed at a LGBT film festival - maybe we'll be part of the group soon? ;) - that matter is actually adressed in the documentary, quite interesting.

Anyway, I hope all of you get a chance to see it!

One of the reason for my joy is that it once again confirmed that I'm not that weird at all and my thoughts on sexuality (especially my own) are not entirely my own... as in I am not the only one thinking them.

(Well, someone should have served cake... Why didn't I think of that any earlier?)

Archived