Can't make up my mind!

ozsoul

I'm driving myself crazy lately as I can't seem to make up my mind! I've only recently began to identify as a grey as I always believed that I was asexual aromantic until the last few months I've been thinking about relationships again.

I've been getting to know this guy quite well over the past year and I believe he has feelings for me and sometimes I think I may feel the same. I definitely feel an emotional and mental attraction but to be honest I also feel this for all my friends. Sometimes I think a relationship with him would be really nice and other times Im just confused and can't even imagine it.

Is this confusion fear? I haven't been in a relationship for nearly 4 years so fear would be expected right? On the overhand isn't the fact that I can't make up my mind a sign it isn't right?

I'm concerned that I may be leading him on and I don't want to hurt him as I really adore him.

can anyone else relate?

I feel like I can relate. I'm not entirely sure what to identify as, but I might be aromantic asexual. And I'm often terrified of the thought that I might turn romantic someday (that is, I might actually be demiromantic?) Romance is, in my opinion, far too complicated for what it's worth. If I found a person I really got along with well, I'd much rather simply be great friends.

But on a different level, you don't really need a definitive answer with the situation where you currently are. (At least as far as I understand it from what you've written.) If he's a great friend and you enjoy hanging out with him, keep hanging out with him! At this point, you don't need to know if this will or won't turn into a relationship eventually. But you should at least be honest with him. If you have no idea if this will ever go anywhere, let him know that you're confused. That is, if he's close enough to share your feelings with.

(just my two cents)

Archived