Cate Perfect

Are Your Parents Married?  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • They were never married in the first place

This poll is closed to new votes

Live R Perfect

Weird... I thought I'd answered this one.

My parents divorced when I was about 8 and I saw my father occasionally, but occasionally became seldom and then never. My sister got back in touch with him about a year ago and I've seen him a few times since then.

After the divorce, my mum wasn't single for long before another guy moved in with us. They stayed together, on and off, for about 8 years before he left too. During the time he was living with us I was expected to get on with his three kids (they came over every weekend) and eventually one of them moved in with us because she was causing too much trouble for her mother.

After the split-up, my mum finally began to enjoy her life again. At this time I was in my late teens, so it was really cool to have a mum who went out clubbing several times a week. Since then, she has always had a more active social life than I have! :D

Thinking back, I would say that I was raised by my mum and sister. The influence that my dad had was virtually non-existent, and my mum's subsequent partner didn't really serve as a father figure to me. I do have memories of him trying to force me into adhering more to the traditional male gender role, though. He was convinced that if he didn't toughen me up then I'd turn out to be gay (heaven forbid!) :roll: ...

My parents' relationship is rather like the one Cait described. They have been married for about 25 years, I think, but I know virtually nothing about that or their dating, etc., because they *never* talk about it. The most I have ever witnessed them doing is a peck on the lips, and this was always so seldom that I'm actually quite surprised when it happens (less and less these days). They own/run a business together, fight over it, and all the rest of it. But in the end, it's always just seemed like 2 roommates who happened to accidentally find 3 kids in their house one day & decided to keep them.

Don't get me wrong, I love them both heaps, & they've been pretty good parents. But I honestly don't know why they got married; as far as I'm concerned, it's pushing it to say they are friends, let alone lovers. They don't hate each other, I'm just not sure they ever particularly cared.

SpinningIdolStar

My parents divorced when I was 12 or 13 (I don't quite remember), but that makes it four or five years.

My father remarried June of two years ago, and my mother remarried December of that same year.

My father lives in a different state, and I usually only see him when he comes to town to see one of my plays, or when he flies me out to see him. So, I live with my mom and stepfather. We lived with him for about a year and a half before they actually got married, and my stepsister lived with us for the first year and a halfish.

Yeah.

-T

My parents were married for 48 years - ie until my mother died. I'm not sure that it was the happiest of marriages but divorce would never have been considered. Incidentally my father then remarried and was married another 21 years until his death at age of 93.

Carsonspire

Without going into much detail, my parents have been separated/divorced for 13 years.

• 2 weeks later...

My parents are married, and have been for 21 years. They argue sometimes, but then most people do, and generally the marriage is going well.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They divorced decades ago, but my grandparents (on father's side) are still married and have been for 76 years. :)

My parents were married for 18 years abouts.

I never thought they were in love.

My dad had a shit loads of affairs as I later found out.

He told mum, while on holdiay in Italy meeting HIS family, that we was leaving her for another woman.

They played happy family for a few more weeks until after my 15 birthday (either a day or a week, I forget) and mum said he was moving out for a while.

I think it's highly unfair that the one who screws the relationship up is the one who ends up happy.

So yeah. My dad's a bastard, but I still love him.

And I more angry with HOW he did it then the fact that he did, since, like I said, I never thought they were in love.

Know I know better ¬_¬ But still. Mum deserves better anyways.

Mother and "father" are not married. Mother is remarried, "father" is remarried but I haven't seem him since I was a day old.

My dad died when I was 16, so I opted for the 'No' version, but my mum has never remarried, nor even gone out with anyone else, and every year she says 'It would have been our x wedding anniversary this year', so I guess she still thinks of herself as married. Bit difficult.

My dad died when I was 16, so I opted for the 'No' version, but my mum has never remarried, nor even gone out with anyone else, and every year she says 'It would have been our x wedding anniversary this year', so I guess she still thinks of herself as married. Bit difficult.

I wish I could give you both a hug. I can't even imagine something like that happening.

My parents are (unhappily) married, and their relationship is slowly turning into indifference.

My parents were married for two years when I came along; they split up when I was 16. My dad remarried; my mother did not.

My parents got married when I was somewhere around 8 then divorced (those take ages, can't give a date) and my father died 2 years ago.

There isn't really a poll option that covers that.

My parents dated for a bit, and then my mom found out she was preggers. So they broke up, and I was born, and he decided that he should be a part of my life. So my parents are still friends and he's always been a pretty active part of my life, and all is well in the land as neither do well when married. Third option for me! Being raised by friends was pretty cool!

My parents have been married for I think 27 years now. But they might get divorced someday- my dad's a bit of an asshole.

My parents dated for a bit, and then my mom found out she was preggers. So they broke up, and I was born, and he decided that he should be a part of my life. So my parents are still friends and he's always been a pretty active part of my life, and all is well in the land as neither do well when married. Third option for me! Being raised by friends was pretty cool!

That sounds pretty cool. :)

They divorced decades ago, but my grandparents (on father's side) are still married and have been for 76 years. :)

:shock:

My grandma was "preggers" with my dad, so she and my grandad married before my dad was born. And as noted before, that was over 76 years ago (and they are still married and together! :) ).

They've been married for 18 years and they love each other really seriously. It doesn't seem that anything than death could split them, yet. I am glad they are really devoted to each other and loving.

SpirallingSnowy

My parents got married 3 yrs b4 i was born... so they have been married 26yrs lol i even know their anniversary date, Aug 11.

not many arguments between them, nothing to warrant seperation or the like. Mums parents have been married for over 50yrs and so dads parents would be longer ( grandad died in 1991).

Archived