Your Parents' Relationship

Cate Perfect

Are Your Parents Married?  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • They were never married in the first place

This poll is closed to new votes

My parents have been married for 18 years now and I really wish they would divorce. All they do is fight, talk behind each other's back, and during silent times they even appear to hate one another. It's awful but my father believes that divorce will mess us, the kids, up.

My parents where never married and broke up before I can remember. Both of them re-married giving me two mothers and two fathers and nearly a dozen siblings.

• 2 months later...
gray_imagination

I had a ridiculously happy home life. it was the rest of the world that was awful. Parents never fought (careful to disagree NOT in front of the kids) and loved each other a lot, as well as us. They were physically affectionate in a PG kind of way.

I...had wonderful, happy parents.

My parents divorced when I was about 10. But they never physically fought or yelled at each other, and they keep somewhat in touch even now. They may have divorced, but they're still nice to each other. When they divorced, I lived with my mom and saw my dad on the weekends or something like that, I can't remember. Right now we all still keep in touch, we just don't see each other that often.

My parents were married for almost 12 years, but they separated when I was 7. It took them until I was 12 to actually get divorced. I guess it didn't have much effect on us, since I've never wanted to get married and my sister has wanted to since she was 5.

TheMelbourneMethod

My parents are still happily married, somehow. They always got along great during my childhood years, but since about junior year my mom is so hard on my Dad that sometimes I just want to slap her. Or him, for putting up with her shit. Still, they're married and he still puts up with her...only he doesn't seem to consider it putting up with her. *shrug* Oh, well.

• 2 weeks later...

my parents fight and argue a lot. not only that, but they bring me and my brother down, too...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mine are still married. I admire them for it. My mom said they managed to stick together due to stubbornness, but they have their "cute" moments. Therefore, I figure it is all will power and affection. They rock.

Parents divorced when I was an infant, never saw them together. My mom remarried when I was around 10, they've been married seven years. I've never seen my dad with a girlfriend, but I have seen women he sleeps with.

Archived