• INTP
    • ENTJ
    • INTJ
    • ESTP
    • ISTP
    • ESFP
    • ISFP

This poll is closed to new votes

:cry: I seem to be the odd one out ENFP extrovert A-sexuals are obviously rare.

I'm also ENFP. I've known for quite a while now that I'm predominantly an extrovert. I thought the description suited me pretty well, not an exact match though.

I swear this thing is rigged. Everytime I take this test I get a different one. :shock:

INTJ

Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging

Strength of the preferences %

89 25 12 11

INFJ! :D

....apparently INFJs are only 2% of the global population, but are 12% of AVEN. Coincidence?

ianpenfold

<-- INFP Introvert, Feeling, Percieving

Yep, thats me. I'm also empthic which makes me very emotionally-driven too

I've been INFP for a number of years, and I was an INTP before that. I'm especially "I" and "P", the other ones are a bit less extreme.

INTJ all the way!

I was reading through the famous people, and read Donald Rumsfeld, US Secretary of Defense, and had the sudden urge to run off crying.

But then I read Gandalf the Grey, Hannibal Lecter, Professor Moriarty, Ensign Ro, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern, Clarice Starling, and felt happy again.

How do you define a fictional character? It's not like you can ask them, and some of those characters have dead writers or multiple writers. :shock:

I've been fascinated by the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator for years now. On my bookshelf across the room right now I've got a book full of information on them, and I know the types well enough that if I know someone pretty well, I can tell them what their type is even more than the tests can. (It's pretty simple, really -- just learning what I/E, N/S, F/T and I/P mean.)

I myself am an INF*...I voted INFJ, but for a while I've thought INFP; either profile describes me amazingly well. I'm very strongly introverted, very intuitive, and very much a feeler. The last letter...well, it comes from having a very J mom and a very P dad.

This stuff is just so interesting to me!

When talking in general about types, Kiersey broke them down into four temperaments: NT, NF, SP, and SJ. The others are more peripheral while those temperaments, in theory, are at the core of your personality. (The Thinking/Feeling distinction is more important to iNtuitive types, while the Judging/Perceiving is more important to Sensing types.)

I know that NTs are a lot more likely to be intellectual, living in their heads, and such...NFs are too ("N" in the extreme means a very head-in-the-clouds often-contemplating person), but they tend to get a lot more gushy. So I am not too surprised to find out that a lot of asexuals are NTs; NTs would be most likely to form strong intellectual bonds with another and value those above all. NFs will do the same, but they also have to gush about how great someone else is -- even if they don't want sex with them, because in their minds, what is sex going to bring to them anyway? They've probably analyzed away any sex drive they might have had even before it came out.

(Which is NOT to say that being NT or NF makes someone asexual, especially by any form of repression; I do figure though that those types would be most ready to recognize something called "asexuality" in themselves and admit to it, because that's what they SEE in all their thinking and introspection.)

The IN** types area all well represented - but almost no *S*P types :-P

Yeah, I noticed that too! Kiersey called the SP temperament the "Dionysian" temperament, so maybe that explains a bit of why. ;) According to his book "Please Understand Me," the SPs are more driven by "impuses" (not only sexual). I suppose that may have something to do with it, but I don't really understand S types that well myself so I am hesitant to speak about them.

This all could of course be a load of crap, and you are welcome to think it so, but it's worked for me in a surprising number of cases so I like to chat about it. I just find it very interesting. ^_^

You know, I'm amazed at how almost every description works for me. If I took the test for the first time, I think I could put down any combination of YES and NO and still come out with a description that I feel satisfied with. Reviewing them all, however, I can't say I find one that descrbies me "best." Not sure what to make of that.

• 4 weeks later...
deladangerous

I'm an INFP, with the only questionably close score being T verses F. All the rest are pretty solid. The description fits me well, granted you factor in that I'm probably ruled by my thoughts more than most 'feeling' types.

Do I believe much in it?.... Yes and no. People are capable of being inconsistant enough to be able to fit several of the categories at once, but even then, the different scores you can come up with in different moods seem to be decent descriptions of several sides to one's character.. while some of the other possible outcomes of the test don't work out at all.

nobodyknowsmyname

INTJ

You are:

* very expressed introvert

* moderately expressed intuitive personality

* moderately expressed thinking personality

* moderately expressed judging personality

quite a few aspects of the INTP also apply to me, esp. the stuff about relationships being the Achilles heel.

Having retaken this a year after the first time, I again got INTJ. Having reread the descriptions, and knowing myself better, I retract my statement that I think I better fit INTP.

UglymanCometh

another INTJ, and yep, sounds about right.

I'm glad you found it interesting, Merkat82! I find this stuff so intriguing myself. It really does help me understand and relate to other people.

stereomancer

Ive taken this test before and scored infp this time intp either description suits me tho I try to be rational and approach things logically I can also be overwhelmed by my emotions.

Your Type is ESFP

Extroverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving

Strength of the preferences %

33 38 75 56

You are:

* moderately expressed extrovert

* moderately expressed sensing personality

* distinctively expressed feeling personality

* moderately expressed perceiving personality

Not a very popular choice in here, it would seem :lol:

All my love,

Kate

supergeekgirl
31. You know how to put every minute of your

time to good purpose

Yeah... I don't think that anyone who takes these tests should answer that with a "yes". :)

INTJ

Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging

89 62 12 56

You are:

very expressed introvert

distinctively expressed intuitive personality

slightly expressed thinking personality

moderately expressed judging personality

(note to self - do this the first time!!!!)

INFJ! :D

....apparently INFJs are only 2% of the global population, but are 12% of AVEN. Coincidence?

(I might be bit late) Yeah, I wondered about the same thing. Also got the same result and voted above, so that might increase the percentage of INFJs of AVEN a little.

Archived