ASMR

guitar sunshine

All the time man. Smooth jazz, rough textures, when people play with my hair :)

Yeah, I get this when people play with my hair when they have long fingernails, particularly when they touch my scalp which is why I love having my hair washed and cut at a salon. I can do it myself with a piece of wire or the tip of a pencil, it's particularly strong on my cheekbones. I'd always thought it was normal, but in my case I really would be surprised if it's not.

Oh, and in regards to asexuality, I never considered this a sexual thing.

That first video is evil. :lol: I have it and couldn't handle the first minute of the first video. I have some sensibility to sounds (look at sig) and the electrical activity is so intense that's almost disturbing. Right now my brain is itching and I'm like: "Is this real life?". So, yep, you can say at least 1 ace have it... :lol:

Janus the Fox

Ok, I felt nothing from those videos but I have experienced that in the past. Most of the time it is what causes my tics, from sensory overload. Contributed to possible autism, completely nothing to do with asexuality...

Leit Að Lífi

For those who don't feel like looking it up (like I just did), this site describes ASMR as "a physical sensation characterized by a pleasurable tingling that typically begins in the head and scalp, and often moves down the spine and through the limbs."

Haha yes! I get it, but I get it in reverse!

As in it starts in my legs, feels strongest in my chest/spine and dissipates in my head! :lol:

The Honey Bear

:o

You mean other people get this too!? I thought it was just my brain being strange. I get it when someones plays with my hair, or even if I'm watching a film and someone touches someone's hair.

Or occationally it's just random! Like that bathroom sounds video set it off, strangely.

osiris8siriso

I get these!! I thought it was just me being weird haha. I don't have an exact trigger (or not one I can identify at the moment) but I get these a lot ^_^

I get tingly feelings in my head and back and they trigger extreme anxiety in me. Given that I also find orgasm of the sexual sort to be unpleasant, it seems possible to me that I am also experiencing this ASMR and just don't like it.

Although I'm glad I figured out I experience ASMR (that explains everything), I don't really like the feeling-it's what I imagine tickling oneself would feel like.

Capslock Cadet

Ooooh, I get this. I didn't know there was a word for it.

From this list:

• Exposure to slow, accented, or unique speech patterns
  • Viewing educational or instructive videos or lectures
  • Experiencing a high empathetic or sympathetic reaction to an event
  • Enjoying a piece of art or music
  • Watching another person complete a task, often in a diligent, attentive manner - examples would be filling out a form, writing a check, going through a purse or bag, inspecting an item closely, etc.
  • Close, personal attention from another person
  • Haircuts, or other touch from another on head or back

I think only the "enjoying a piece of art or music" has ever happened to me. But yeah, I really recognize the feeling. Sometimes a scene in a movie is just so damn good, or a story so brilliantly written...

The 3D sound one isn't working for me...I can only hear it in my left ear! Although I think that's due to the computer I'm using.

But yes, I experience this sometimes. I had no idea there was a name for it.