• South America
    • Australia/NZ/South Pacific
    • Middle East
    • Asia
    • Somewhere Cate left off

This poll is closed to new votes

Where do you live?

I'm in the US.

And of course if I've missed any out let me know. I know we've had members in the Bahamas...

Cate

The Netherlands. The country almost no american can find on a map... Some even think Holland is a part of Amsterdam...

I'd just like to say that *I* know where The Netherlands are. :D I also know Bush called it The Netheregions. *raspberries him*

Cate

Well that's sort of logical, we don't have that much oil and we don't have a nuclear weapons program. But we DO have Harry Potter as prime minister...

01.jpg

I´m posting live from Buenos Aires, the Paris of the Southern Hemisphere, ass of the world, Argentina. That would be the most European bit of South America. I´ve been asked before if Argentina is in Africa.

Aotearoa-New Zealand, and I live in the navel of the universe

(no gross fluff comments please) also called Godsown (goodness knows we are extremely secular...)

Some of us are pushing for official recognition of the country's name as A-NZ. It means we'll come ahead of the Aussies in everything from UN seating to the Olympics 8) :D :roll:

Cheers, kia ora, Islander9

VivreEstEsperer

US here.

I've always been somewhat fascinated by the Netherlands. I think cus you guys had gay marriage first. Stupid question but is Denmark part of the Netherlands or is it different? My school is having an info session for a study abroad thing in Denmark tomorrow...I might go...cus they have free cookies :)

Kate

I'm in the U.S..... precisely Los Angeles, which may well be the worst place in the world to be an asexual, what with the hypersexuality of the entertainment industry.

Kate: Denmark is different from the Netherlands. Two separate countries. While close to each other, they don´t share borders. Belgium and Luxembourg are also separate countries.

Aotearoa-New Zealand, and I live in the navel of the universe

The Incas considered Cuzco, their capital, the Navel of the World. I was paraphrasing that when I called Buenos Aires Ass of the World.

ArgentoX - yeah, got that, cool (tho' here we rather crudely expand on 'arse' as the opposite to navel...)

"Te Pito o te Ao" or "Te Pito o Te W/Henua" is a relatively common Polynesian designation for "Homeland" (Rapanui/Easter Island is thus called.)

Given that the kumara comes from South America - and not a lot of nations so label themselves "Navel of the Universe/World/* - it's a bit interesting eh?

Cheers, kia ora, Islander9

*Dunno of any country that officially labels itself as arsehole of the universe but would certainly be interested to learn of such-

To Islander9:

You mean the avatar or the posted image?

I just LOVE my avatar. It's the first boss from Yoshi's Island, gotta love that game :D

That posted picture is the "thing" we call prime minister... Proud? No.

To Kate:

Holland_isnt_Denmark.GIF

That black country is the Netherlands. Denmark is al the way over there (striped country). That's a LONG way (for us Dutch). The white dot in the Netherlands is about where I live.

the ruudstar - the avatar (sorry, shd've been specific) just eyes & face!

And now I know why that blocky look is familiar- cheers, kia ora Islander9

I'm in Belgium... the country which, if anything, is even less likely to be found on a map than the Netherlands...

(hint: we're the one just a little down and a bit to the left)

Live R Perfect

Brit- Brit- Brit- Brit- Britaaaiiin

Lay a little egg for me

I want one for my tea

I haven't had one since Mondaay

And now it's February

SO

Lay a little egg for me

England, to be more precise.

The US...California to be precise...and just far enough away from the Mexican border to have an overwhelming number of people who can't speak proper english, and their children who can't speak proper Spanish.

It's so silly... :roll:

I'm in the U.S..... precisely Los Angeles, which may well be the worst place in the world to be an asexual, what with the hypersexuality of the entertainment industry.

You have a point. It extends to Orange County, being close enough, where most people I know follow the messages of Hollywood. It's always bugged me. Very much. And it's not just the hypersexuality... but the fact that they follow so unquestioningly...gyah!

thepoeticjustice
I'm in Belgium... the country which, if anything, is even less likely to be found on a map than the Netherlands...

(hint: we're the one just a little down and a bit to the left)

I was thinking of going to Belgium at one time to study philosophy... but then I looked more closely at the teahing style and the curriculum and decided it wasn't for me... too bad, really, because I have a lot of friends there...

Archived