Does anyone else feel like this?

Rebuilder

Sometimes I think I'm an "Alternating-current/Direct-current" in terms of my sexual orientation (or lack thereof). I mean while I have some interest for sexual stuff, it's in a very demisexual-like sense yet, I realize it would be extremely unlikely I would ever find someone attractive in such a sense, even under those conditions. On the other hand, I would be perfectly fine in an asexual platonic relationship, much like how I can 'go either way', even if one 'direction' is extremely unlikely to occur. Regarding platonic affairs, I have seemed to notice how I "Squish" much more often for males, however when I become platonically attracted to females (which very rarely happens), there is a stronger (though not romantic) feeling. I don't necessarily want a relationship with them, yet I seem captured in some specific aura about them. What is going on in my mind is something along the lines of "There is something interesting about him/her." I am sometimes able to place my finger on what it is I admire or attached about (usually something intellectual), yet it's all stopping at Platonic affairs.

My greyness must be really, really towards the dark side, For myself, I just can't foresee it happening any time over the horizon.

Sounds like me only except that I'm not attracted to males as I am to female. I can't see sex either.

I was once attracted to a male friend of mine and we even dated a few months. I loved kissing and cuddling but he was always trying to sex me up, and so I eventually broke up. That was the only time I ever liked a guy.

• 4 months later...
Awkward Turtle

Sometimes I think I'm an "Alternating-current/Direct-current" in terms of my sexual orientation (or lack thereof).

I'm really interested in this analogy and what it means for you; I've never heard of people describing sexuality in terms of AC-DC before.

Archived