Do you want children?

Do you want children?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you want children?

• I have some already, and I'm asexual.
    • Yes, and I'm asexual.
    • No, and I'm asexual.
    • I'm not sure yet, and I'm asexual.
    • I have some already, and I'm NOT asexual / I'm questioning.
    • Yes, and I'm NOT asexual / I'm questioning.
    • No, and I'm NOT asexual / I'm questioning.
    • I'm not sure yet, and I'm NOT asexual / I'm questioning.

This poll is closed to new votes

No, and I have a serious Pregnancy phobia. :unsure:

There is so much one can go about without having children, and besides, The World's population has exceeded 7 billion, and further reproduction, could add to a possible future population crisis.

No, I don't want children, and I'm asexual.

It has something to do with my being asexual: the whole sex and pregnancy thing. My relationship to the involved part of my body wouldn't allow it anyway. Otherwise I don't like children, and I sure thing don't know how to handle them. My response to a child: I poke it and ask how it works. What a fantastic mother I could turn out to be! And last but not least am I afraid to have a child with schizophrenia since my brother has schizophrenia and signs of it has been seen earlier in the family. I would not expose my self or a child to that.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure yet and I'm asexual.

I don't think I would be able to handle my kids sexuality ( especially if they turned out heterosexual) so that's the negative aspect but I don't mind providing or raising them. So really I don't know what will happen in the future.

I'm not sure if I want kids yet or not,because I'm handicap and I'm not sure that it would be fair to the kids to make them have to have a handicap mom. And I'm ace by the way.

DracoBorealis

No, I don't want children, and I'm asexual.

It has something to do with my being asexual: the whole sex and pregnancy thing. My relationship to the involved part of my body wouldn't allow it anyway. Otherwise I don't like children, and I sure thing don't know how to handle them. My response to a child: I poke it and ask how it works. What a fantastic mother I could turn out to be! And last but not least am I afraid to have a child with schizophrenia since my brother has schizophrenia and signs of it has been seen earlier in the family. I would not expose my self or a child to that.

That's my response to everything! :lol:

I've already posted here, but I must say that it's queer how certain people still believe that one day I will have sex and produce offspring, although I've made it perfectly clear that it is something I don't want nor see myself doing. I'd rather get bubonic plague :P Not only that, I'd make a crappy mother at best, AND I'm unable to conceive due to endometriosis and a series of severe inflammations. So... I would have to replicate myself in order to reproduce. But that doesn't matter apparently. "Nature will find its way". Somehow I don't think so 8)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm asexual and I never ever want children. There are a lot of good reasons behind it. I have a major genetically-passable health problem. Pregnancy and childbirth freak me out. My own childhood was extremely screwed up. That's just the beginning of a laundry list of reasons why I'll never procreate.

Besides, it would be more fun to be a kitty mommy. ;)

I voted "No, and I'm NOT asexual / I'm questioning.", even though that may change in the future. I don't think that's likely, though.

I don't want children for a few reasons: one reason being I'm behind in my education and it will most likely take a long time for me to 'catch up' and get a job. Even when I do 'catch up', I wouldn't feel comfortable raising a child unless I went to college so I could get a good paying job. Which would take even longer. By then I'll probably feel I'm too old to raise a kid.

Another reason being; I don't think I would work well with someone else when it comes to raising a kid. (I imagine we'd have entirely different ideas on how to raise our child, and I can't see myself compromising)

If I wanted to be a parent, I would only do so if I had no desire to be in a relationship (In other words, become a single parent). I don't like the idea of hiring a baby sitter or make someone else watch my child whilst I'm at work, though (That would take a lot of trust - which with me is hard to gain), so I doubt that will happen.

I changed my mind I dont want kids anymore, anyone want 4 kids?

Addit I am not serious I really do want them but they are being revolting today and I want to run away from home!

I don't want them, I don't need them, I DON'T LIKE THEM.

Not in this life, not in the next and not in the one after that.....

(and I'm an asexual antisexual) :evil:

One of these days, yes I want children. I like kids fine enough... the only problem is that kids don't like me.

I'm not good around kids at all but I still want them. I rationalize it by the fact I'm simply too damn awesome not not pass on my wonderful genes... that and I really don't wanna leave our line up to my sister. God no, anyone but her!

And for that matter my cousins as well, I don't trust them being left up to continuing the line either. Besides, I'm good looking and intelligent, it would be a crime for me to not reproduce. And I know this because I take after my father, who took after his mother, and she took after her own father - when it came to the brain. As far as looks go, apparently I'm a clone of my mother and her grandmother practically.

Of course, I could always not have children and relish in the fact that on my death bed I will have no lingering attachments to this world and could therefore enjoy humanity's inevitable downfall. Hm, tough choice really.

However, I'd personally prefer to not do it the old fashioned way (yuck) but if need be then I think I can put up with it for a few minutes.

Also, I'm Asexual - and yes, I would like children both biological and (possibly) adopted.

I'm not sure yet, and I'm asexual.

I voted that because ever since I was 7 years old I wanted to adopt..and I've considered surrogate mothering..not currently comfortable with the whole 'harvesting eggs' thing but eh.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm asexual and I want at least 4 biological children, maybe 6 or 7 children total. I'd even have sex to get them even though I'm semi-repulsed! :lol: I want to give birth to as many as I can well.

clarinetchick

There is no way on this Earth I will ever reproduce. Firstly because you have to have sex (okay, I know you can get it done medically...) and that ain't gonna happen. Secondly, I just don't like them. People have said its not womanly to not like kids and I must be a cold hearted bitch but that isn't true. I'm very maternal with my animals, my mum says I react to everything my cat does or needs like a parent with newborn and its true, I'm very protective and see danger everywhere lol But human offspring? Nope. No way. Not happening.

well said!

I'm asexual, and I'm pretty sure I want kids. Two would be great. My boyfriend wants two as well, so we're well-matched in that regard.

I'm asexual and I answered with "not sure" but when asked in person, I generally say, "Not really. But if I find the right person, maybe."

I honestly don't really want kids but I don't want to completely deny the fact that there might actually be someone I'd want to "settle down with" and possibly have kids with them. But that probably won't be for a very long time.

Notte stellata

I'm demisexual and I don't want kids. But these two things aren't related for me. I simply don't like kids so much that I'd sacrifice my freedom to have them.

I'm asexual, and I don't want kids. Don't think one has to do with the other; if I wanted a child, I'd have one, with or without a partner. I don't, though.

• 8 months later...
deleted_user_072223

I'm asexual and I definitely want kids... without the sex (preferably artificial insemination, something that could be done at home without extreme expenses - plus I don't particularly want a lot of doctors asking personal questions about why I can't just have sex). I'm probably in the minority in that I really would like biological children, not to "pass on my genes," but because pregnancy, birth, and motherhood is an experience I'd like to go through from the beginning, all the way (it doesn't scare me, believe it or not). I'm actually fascinated with parenting research and probably know way more than I probably should... especially considering I wouldn't want to have kids for another decade or so anyway.

I've considered single parenthood, but I'm hetero-romantic and would be rather sad never to have a partner (I'm very much hoping to get married someday), and also single parenthood is a bit... intense for me. I'd love to have two kids, but raising even one on your own presents a lot of extra challenges to raising them with a partner. Plus, I'd like to be a stay-at-home mom or work part-time from home (I'm working toward a career in translating, with writing and art on the side) and be with my kids as much as possible, and single parenthood... well, yeah. Gotta have at least one income, and I'm not sure that kind of income could support two kids plus me. (Can you tell I've thought this through?) Parenthood, rewarding as I believe it is, is a challenge on its own, and I don't really want to try it alone. Ah, the complications of wanting marriage and kids... but being absolutely repulsed by sex.

But yes, I've wanted kids all my life, and am very much hoping to have them someday (when I'm ready). :)

Lauren

Maybe one day. Not sure yet. I'm definately not mature enough to have kids right now anyway, that's for sure xDD

I haven't quite decided if i want to have kids yet. I'm pretty sure I do, but these days I guess I'm just feeling the freedom of having no kids to worry about for some time.

I wanted to have kids all my life, 2 tops, but a boy and a girl. But this year I started babysitting my boyfriend's 2 year old brother. I wouldn't say he's a bad kid, but he has started to make me question whether I think I'd be a good enough parent, or if I'd want to be one at all. For now though, I'm trying to blame it on the "terrible two's" and my rebelliousness/lack of desire for responsibility.

Is anyone else going through this? Or have you gone through this? I really would like kids someday, but I don't want to do it if i'm just going to be a bitchy, bitter mom.

I'm asexual, and I'm not sure whether I want kids or not.

In theory I think having kids would be nice, but I'm not sure if having kids would work out as well in practice. Also, I feel society programmes us from a young age to want kids, so I don't know if I really want kids.

Ace, no kids ever! I prefer cats/dogs. I don't want to be responsible for human life and I'm not willing to change my life to accomodate parenthood.

I have a child and I am asexual. I did not want children but I love my son more then anything in the world. I never knew what it was to feel true love until I had my son.

• 4 weeks later...

No I definetaly dont want to ever have kids. Maybe when Im older I'd consider adopting or something but its more likely a no. Im 100% certian I dont ever want to get pregnant though.

For one I have a bit of a fear of pregnancy, going into labour and sex itself. And another point is Im bloody useless with children (I dont know how to act around them and I have three little cousins; one 9, another 3-4 and the last being about 1-2 years old. I should have plenty of experience from them but I still freak out when they expect me to play with them.

And lastly I just dont have any motivation or instinct to reproduce.

This thread is being locked and moved to the Census Archives. There is a 2012 Poll of the same question active at this time. You can find it here.

Lady Girl, Census Moderator

Archived