Do you want children?

Do you want children?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you want children?

• I have some already, and I'm asexual.
    • Yes, and I'm asexual.
    • No, and I'm asexual.
    • I'm not sure yet, and I'm asexual.
    • I have some already, and I'm NOT asexual / I'm questioning.
    • Yes, and I'm NOT asexual / I'm questioning.
    • No, and I'm NOT asexual / I'm questioning.
    • I'm not sure yet, and I'm NOT asexual / I'm questioning.

This poll is closed to new votes

Måskemigselvetsted

I know that it's still only a few non-Aces who have answered, but just wanted to mention that it doesn't have to say a lot about sexuals in general.

For the first, there might be kind a difference between greys, demis and sexuals, obvously.

For the second, the people joining this communnity probably aren't representating sexuals as a general. It might be that more people who doesn't think they fit into the general "sex, the one, children, marriage, house"-idea is active here. Or maybe not.

You probably had thought about it already, just wanted to mention it.

Btw, I voted that I'm not sure. As 17 years old, I believe this is one of these things where I cannot be sure about what the future will bring yet. And if I end up deciding that I want a child, it is not even sure that it will be possible for me to adopt. Apparantly, it's pretty hard and pretty expensive here, so, yeah, I have to get perfect and rich first.

I'm asexual, and I despise children and certainly do not want to parent any. While I cannot see the future, I see no reason that my opinion on this would change.

Yes, I want children, but I`m not asexual. It seems to me that my partner is asexual, but it does not matter. I`m bisexual and I like having sex, but I don`t need it. My partner says that there is no problem to have children the way it usually goes, but we will have to make a date. This is different to others who feel disgust about that.

So I´m looking forward to experience pregnancy and to have a family.

:)

Tanya

orangeisthenewiloveyou

yes, and i'm a demi. i'm pretty sure i'm terrible with kids, but i'd really like to be a father/get better with children.

Yes, and I'm asexual.

I want to adopt one kid when I'm around 35. (I have it very thoroughly planned out, although I doubt it will actually happen ^^ )

never odd or even

no and i'm ace. think i might explode with internal and external frustration and depression....

i would prefer to mentor a child; possibly foster. but this is only in specific circumstances....

No. (I'm questioning, but I'm also celibate)

I'm not interested in romantic/sexual relationships, nor am I interested in being a single mother.

I never want to get pregnant, much less have to take care of some whiny kid for eighteen years of my life. Sure, they'll eventually mature, but parenting is just not something I'd ever want to spend my time and money on. I don't want to be a maternal figure.

If I ever want to look after a child, I'd adopt or foster. I don't want to get pregnant, naturally or via IVF or artificial insemination.

I plan to be a teacher, but other people's children I can stand and enjoy the company of. I just never want my own, and I hope people IRL would appreciate that. I'm certainly not going to change that for anyone.

They feel that it would be selfish not to have children as soon as possible. I don't identify with this group of people[...]
Neither do I. I'd actually like to meet one of them to see what they say.

H xx

Nope and I'm asexual. I have absolutely no maternal instinct at all and have known since I was 12 that I never wanted to have any children. That's never going to change, despite what family or friends might think.

Every time I see this thread title, I think, "Why, are you giving away some children?" :lol:

Not sure. We'll see how life goes. Definitely not now at 20, though D:

Every time I see this thread title, I think, "Why, are you giving away some children?" :lol:

I lol'd. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nope. Although I haven't closed my mind to the fact that I may, one day, want children. But at the moment I can't see myself wanting a relationship partner let alone children.

Radioactive Goat

Even though I'm still only a teenager, I absolutely despise children and don't plan on having any ever (and if I do, which prolly will not happen, I'd rather adopt). Animals are children to me.

EDIT: I accidentally chose the wrong option on the poll, whoops :T

I love the idea of having a child. I most definitely want one. This is probably influenced by the relationship between me and my father, which I hold as invaluable. I'd like to have a relationship like that with a child of mine.

I just... Don't want to have to have sex to accomplish this.

That would be horrible.

I realized I didn't want children when I first discovered what you have to do and go through to get them. It put me completely off. But I grew up to dislike (actually detest) children anyway.

Although even if I liked them, I wouldn't have them, too much responsibility.

I thought I had already voted in this poll, but apparently not. Anyway, I voted: Nope & I'm Ace. I consciously made the choice to not have kids 10 years ago. One may think that was rather young in life, especially since I got the 'you'll change your mind when you're older' & 'they're differen't when they're your own', bingos a lot from the age of 16 to about age 20. After that, the bingos stopped for the most part. My dad still pushed the issue, but he hasn't done so for the past 3 years.

Though, I think one thing that may explain the bingos in my teen years/early 20s, was that I had a habit of cooing over pretty much every baby I saw. Now (ever since June), there has been a growing indifference towards babies and young kids that aren't my first cousins once removed. I still go 'Aw', over strangers babies, but not to the extent I did before. (I'm still not sure what made my dad stop pushing the issue and accept that he won't be getting grandkids from me, but whatever it is, I'm thankful for it).

Sorry for the novel, it's rather out of character for me to write more than a couple of sentences, but then, this is something that is a huge part of my identity. I identified as childfree as soon as I came across the term. Which was about 9, perhaps even 10 years ago. (Within a year of consciously choosing to not have kids, which is a much longer time than I've identified as Ace).

Funny thing is that when I was in my 20s, I never thought about wanting children of my own....and now I am in my 40s, I still don't have a great desire for having kids..besides my biological clock is winding down later down the road. I do feel bad for my parents though and wish I can help them out, but kids really aren't my thing. I do like kids and would take them to McDonald's or a park, but not taking care of them full time. My dog is more like a child to me, and she's enough. LOL

ieatpumpkinpie

Yes I very much do want children, and I'm asexual.

I don't feel obligated to have children, but I perhaps might like to have ONE someday. I'm not fussed about it yet, though. And yes, I'm asexual.

It's unfortunate that there's so much pressure for people to have kids. Where I grew up, teen and relatively early-ish pregnancy is the norm, so all my female friends seemed to start popping them out left, right and center. So by now (24), all but one of my female friends have between 1-4 children, and they all seem to look upon me as some kind of mystery for not wanting them yet. If ever.

I'd be equally as happy with cats and cake, I think. :P Especially after babysitting my way through far too many episodes of Postman Pat and constant repeats of The Little Vampire. If I have kids, I'm not having a TV!!!

I'd make a great aunt but a terrible mother. That's why I said I don't want kids -- not really anything to do with my asexuality because I grew up always thinking I would adopt two kids. Giving birth I think also scares the s*** out of me too much. But, yeah, I don't think my decision stems from my sexuality actually. But that could just be me. :)

One day I would muchly like to have a kid or two.

I'm Asexual, and Demiromantic, so most likely surrogacy or adoption will be the pick. The question is will I do it with or without a partner?

I'm asexual, and planning on adopting kids if I ever want some (although the adoption route is not entirely because of my asexuality, but also for some more complex reasons).

Archived