Declare your preferences!

lunasspecto

1. 1. Which of these best describes your sexuality as you currently understand it?

• asexual
    • grey-asexual
    • demisexual
    • sexual
    • other / unsure / questioning
  2. 2. Which of these best describes your degree of romantic attraction/desire as you currently understand it?

• aromantic
    • demiromantic
    • grey-romantic
    • romantic
    • other / unsure / questioning
  3. 3. Which of these best describes your romantic orientation as you currently understand it?

• not applicable / other / unsure / questioning
    • homoromantic
    • heteroromantic
    • biromantic
    • panromantic
  4. 4. Do you prefer cake, or pie?

• cake
    • pie
    • both
    • neither
    • unsure / questioning

This poll is closed to new votes

My dissatisfaction with the options provided in a similar census by PiF led me to try my own hand at this. This is all out of idle curiosity. If you feel somehow unrepresented or misrepresented, feel free to say so. (Though I'm not yet sure how much one can change a poll once it's been started.)

Sorry, Birdwing, I know you wanted to make your own poll. If you still make one, I'll vote in it. http://www.asexuality.org/en/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/happy.gif

Folks who were in the diner with me Saturday already know about my deviant dessert preferences. ;)

Folks who were in the diner with me Saturday already know about my deviant desert preferences. ;)

Yeah, I don't think anybody had cake :huh: Wtf?

polyromantic/queer-romantic

Wondering if I should have put polyromantic in as another option -- or whether polyromantic/monoromantic is a whole other dimension. -_- I've decided to ignore the question until someone else gives me the answer.

I'm a hetero-romantic asexual, who prefers pie.

I don't know what it's called when you're only romantically attracted to biological males who are slightly effeminate... (though I just said I was heteromantic for ease).

Oh and a few months ago I had such dreadful cravings for Lemon Meringue Pie I was worried I might have been pregnant! :(

Ace, questioning aromantic (too young to be sure yet), and I love both cake and pie- I've baked a huge apple pie yesterday, as a matter of fact :D

Asexy Hetero hopeless romantic who doesn't care if its dark chocolate cake or chocolate silk pie as long as its chocolate delivered by an intelligent, caring, sensitive, fun, and adventure loving guy.

I did say I was a hopeless romantic, sue me.

abandoned account

I've already answered several of these polls but since this one is so detailed I guess I'll explain it again. ^_^

I'm DEFINITELY 100% asexual.

I'm grayromantic: I like and appreciate the concept of romance but many of the practices (dates, kissing, cuddling) are either incomprehensible or creepy/disgusting to me.

As for romantic orientation, that's where it gets complicated. I'm technically heteroromantic but only for fictional guys and many times the guys in question aren't human. What does that make me, hetero-fictional-furry-romantic? :wacko: (They aren't neccessarily furrys, either...) So I just put other.

Edit for grammer perfectionism

Double edit: :cake:

GeekGothHybrid

Asexual

Romantic

Questioning (Unsure as to whether I'm hetero or pan. Also occasionally wonder if what I think is romatic attraction isn't, and momentarily contemplate aromantic too)

Cake

• 1 month later...

Plain-jane ace, definitely hetero with sapio leanings, but unsure of degree. I'm not entirely clear on what demi- or grey-romantic means. (And may I thank you for spelling "grey" with an "e"? I'm pretty much alone in doing that where I am.)

And my family makes these incredible pies. Like, grape. And raspberry. (Not at the same time.) So I'm not wholly loyal to cake. :P

I'm not entirely clear on what demi- or grey-romantic means.

Same principles of demi/gray sexual, but on the romantic spectrum.

Asexual, aromantic, cake... but I do like pie as well... just not as much ^_^

5_♦♣

I wish it were possible to vote more than once in a poll. The little voice of doubt that caused me to doubt my Asexuality is gone now.

Bi-sensineural mental fantasizing, hetero-visual fantasizing, aromatic, asexual.

I actually highly enjoy knowing terms like these and being able to figure out who I am with labels as a basis - not just in sexual or romantic orientation, but for other things like religion and such (not politics though).

So this is a really interesting poll to take and even more-so to see the results. I'm thrilled with the option of "questioning" because that's where I'm at with the romantic orientation, and it's comforting to see in numbers that other people are trying to figure it all out just like I am. I know we never stop trying to figure out who we are, but something about a poll makes it more real. (IMHO) :)

Asexual

Demiromantic (both of those make me a rare breed n_n)

Not Applicable

Both, I would like to try some pie flavoured cake, or some cake flavoured pie :D

"I baked you a pie!" "Oh boy! What flavour?" "Cake flavour" -AVEN Cake bursts out of pie-

Archived