• straight
    • not straight
    • other
  3. 3. of those above what groups do you associate yourself with

• romantic
    • aromantic
    • other

This poll is closed to new votes

From time to time I think it helps..certianly aven..to know who and what uses aven..it's also helps possibly to plan for the future

now, I don't intend to go into every sub of a sub of a sub but will stick to easily identifiable groups

Leave comments if you wish too and should you choose to identify please remember all that is being asked is what is the main group

thanks should you wish to vote and :P if you do not :lol:

Asexual, hetero, romantic.

The most difficult of these for me to answer is the last one. Probably greyromantic would be more accurate in my case.

And yeah, you definitely need bi and pan options in the second question. Also, how are aromantic, a-affectional and a-aesthetic people supposed to answer the second question? 'Other'?

I can't identify with the group of Me, Myself, and I? Well phooey.

Guess i'm a Romantic :wub: Hetero Ace then. :D

And yeah, you definitely need bi and pan options in the second question. Also, how are aromantic, a-affectional and a-aesthetic people supposed to answer the second question? 'Other'?

now, I don't intend to go into every sub of a sub of a sub but will stick to easily identifiable groups

Leave comments if you wish too and should you choose to identify please remember all that is being asked is what is the main group

the hint was in the description

I think its funny that homosexual & lesbian are separated.

^ Yeah, that is a little weird. lol

i did put gay but then someone told me some people in here do not think gay automatically means what everyone outside of here thinks it is

so I've just put straight..not straight..or other..and thats the way it's gonna stay

the hint was in the description

Bi/pan- and aromantics are easily identifiable groups. Between them they cover two quarters of the 2d chart, with gay and straight covering the other two quarters. We are not talking about frills around edges here.

michael i made it clear at the very beginning what this was..i am not pussyfooting around with subs of subs of subs..that was made incredibly clear

if you don't like it make ya fucking own..i'm in no mood to be pissed about with tonight

michael i made it clear at the very beginning what this was..i am not pussyfooting around with subs of subs of subs..that was made incredibly clear

if you don't like it make ya fucking own..i'm in no mood to be pissed about with tonight

I can see that.

If you seriously think that bi, panromantics and aromantics are "subs of subs of subs", then I will expect this poll to have value exactly proportionate to the worth of that opinion.

bi/pan is NOT a sub of a sub. It is its own orientation in its own right. It isn't like anybody is asking you to put in "demi-panromantic grey-sexual" (my orientation as of now btw if you care). But I don't feel comfortable saying I'm straight or gay when I fit better with a bi or pan label.

i can only assume some have taken the stupid pills this evening

it was clear from the outset...one..or two..or other..

bi/pan is NOT a sub of a sub. It is its own orientation in its own right. It isn't like anybody is asking you to put in "demi-panromantic grey-sexual" (my orientation as of now btw if you care). But I don't feel comfortable saying I'm straight or gay when I fit better with a bi or pan label.

would it help if i ticked the ..other ..for you if thats too hard to do for you to do? :rolleyes:

PiF. You made the claim that you were covering the "easily identifiable groups" and leaving out the "sub of a sub of a sub"s. And then you go and leave out biromantics etc. Did you seriously expect not to be called on that?

PiF. You made the claim that you were covering the "easily identifiable groups" and leaving out the "sub of a sub of a sub"s. And then you go and leave out biromantics etc. Did you seriously expect not to be called on that?

i made it quite clear what it was at the outset..it was one choice..or another one..or everythign else was in the other

nowif that is to hard for one or two shit stirrers to understand ..then don't enter the poll ..i don't think it could be simpler could it?

nowif that is to hard for one or two shit stirrers to understand ..then don't enter the poll ..

Too late! I already entered. (+1 for asexual, hetero, romantic)

would it help if i ticked the ..other ..for you if thats too hard to do for you to do? :rolleyes:

When I read Tea's comment I thought to myself "hmm, did PiF pull out the 'other' category?"

Maybe you should change the name from "other" to "equally important but not herein delineated".

or maybe some who's life is so boring that all they have is semantics perhaps should just give the poll a wide birth?

it was one choice..or a second choice and if neither of those then select the other..some are struggling with that process

The problem with the other category is that it squashes us with aromantics (no offense guys, y'all are awesome but I have a bit of a romantic orientation). There is no divide and it just seems...iffy.

it is what it is..it shows you what is and isn't..if having things simply explained as a this one...or this one...or other..then i suggest the only iffy part is some parties understanding of the most simplest of choices

of course the obvious thing is that if you are having trouble understanding ..this choice..or that choice or other..then perhaps a time out for some to understand the simple process so many have found so incredibly easy?

or maybe some who's life is so boring that all they have is semantics perhaps should just give the poll a wide birth?

it was one choice..or a second choice and if neither of those then select the other..some are struggling with that process

You realize i was jokin' with you, right? **shuffles feet**... no one gets my lawyer humor.

I kinda struggled with that process. What exactly is the difference between "not straight" and "other"? I ultimately voted for "other," but I think the fact that so far 32% of voters have chosen the basically undefined "other" option should be kind of a red flag. I mean, it's your poll, so I it's totally up to you, but I don't think I'd personally find the results all that useful/interesting with the options as they are.

the trouble with the straight ..not straight and other was that in this place as soon as something appaears to be agreed on..someone will think that doesn't suit them 100% so try to create another version or statement ..thast why i tried to keep it as simple as it can be

if i put gay..some will say and have done..gay doesn't mean homo or lesbian..although to 95% outside an orientation forum gay does mean just that..so the easiest way i thought was straight..not straight..and other..apologies luna for the confussion

skullery..apologies..i am a bit tetchy tonight and arseoles who want everything explained to the enth degree despite me sayin it is a simple poll pushed my buttons...although i was suprised when you said laywer and humour in the same sentence :D

If any of you want to vote in a similar poll that takes a different approach to its options, I've made one. So you can all stop badgering PiF and badger me instead. :P

LOL! Oh my goodness... being called a "sh**-stirrer" and an "a***-hole" by PiF, and all in one day too.

I think my life is now complete!

Archived