Gray-A, Demisexual, Semisexual, Welcome!

Kelly

Welcome to the new Gray-A forum!

Whether you are gray-A, demi-sexual, asexual, sexual, an ally of any, welcome.

Feel free to post about gray-A, etc. issues. And do not feel that you can only post here. Everyone is welcome everywhere in AVEN

From the Asexual Wiki, we have the Asexual flag:

200px-Asexual_flag.svg.png

The black stripe represents asexuality, the grey stripe grey-sexuality and the demisexuals, the white stripe sexuality and the purple stripe community.

(thanks, Birdwing)

We hope you find this forum informative and fun.

Masses of :cake: to Birdwing for her determination in seeing the creation of this forum through. And :cake: to Kelly for setting it up, to Tan and Fae for agreeing to moderate and to everyone else, Members and Admods, who gave their input. If you're interested, the public discussion leading to the creation of the forum can be found here and here.

I would just like to emphasise one particular point Kelly made, as it's something I've been pressing hard for. Everyone will be welcome in The Gray Area - whether you are grey or otherwise. But furthermore, Grey Asexuals will continue to be welcome in the whole of AVEN, not just here. Just because a thread is being made by a Grey-A, or about Grey-As, it doesn't necessarily have to be posted here, unless you think it fits this forum better than the others.

One final point: please note that, as is usually the case for new fora on AVEN, there will be a trial period. The length is 6 months in this case.

I really love the way AVEN welcomes everyone. This sub-forum is a great idea - and I really want to thank Birdwing for making this happen.

I wish us all luck with this sub-forum ^_^

I'd like to thank my agent, my casting director, the best grip and most of all...me :lol:

Thank you backroom for seeing that this was a missing part of aven that was so desperatly needed and for all your assistance to make it so :cake:

thank you to those who gave birdy the ideas...support..and good wishes in thier quest to see it was needed and drove it through :cake:

lastly birdy..you saw a gap many of us overlooked and perhaps longer than we should have done..you took it, ran with it and drove it forward to now be a successfull arena of the grey spectrum within asexuality..well done :cake::cake:

Yay! :lol: I'm not even gray but I'm still excited this happened. :cake:

And now a supermassive cake hole for Birdie (who will certainly get the musical reference) :cake: :cake: :cake:

As an asexual, I've been lurking around in the gray threads with lots of interest, so I'll hang around and possibly post here quite often :)

Welcome to the new forum, everybody! I don't really have much to add to what Kelly and Mic have already said.

Just want to say, I am glad to have been granted the lovely privilege of overseeing this forum during its trial period (and perhaps beyond?)! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact either me or Tanwen. As for behaviour in this forum... I trust that all of you will treat others civilly and with respect, just as you do all across AVEN, right? ^_^

Guest member25959

I'm not Gray, either either. :P But I'm still glad to see that this forum has been created, it's definately a step in the right direction.

As I have said elsewhere, I think that this thread should definitely be amongst the pinned threads in this forum.

Very happy Grey here :D Very grateful to Birdwing for all her hard work, and to everyone else who had a hand in this...

:cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: ::

...okay, you get the point.

Hooray! I just want to add my enthusiasm for this new sub-forum :D :D. And thanks, Birdie, for making this happen :D.

Can't wait to see what this will bring, and contribute to the discussion :) :).

They want you to make lots of graphics and polls so that they can justify a premature closure of the subforum. lol

I suppose it's a mix of the above. Basically if making the forum was worth it - there's been a good amount of enthusiasm from grays and non-grays alike, so chances are it was.

But seriously, how awesome would it be to get lost in a supermassive cake hole? I mean, there's endless cake!

Well, you may have missed out the first step I suggested but you certainly conducted a good campaign, analyzed the results and presented your case...well done!

During the campaign, there were a number of posters who expressed concern that the creation of this forum could be divisive; that perhaps some would only ever spend time in here to the exclusion of the rest of the community. I see it as more a focal point for information and support...but like all the others that have been created here, it will develop and evolve - just like any 'baby'.

Yay for new forum. :D

I know that there's already a thread about grey-romanticism in " Asexual Musings and Rantings", but it may belong into this sub-forum as well, or am I mistaken? I'm not that sure, that's why I ask. :unsure:

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

Well, you may have missed out the first step I suggested but you certainly conducted a good campaign, analyzed the results and presented your case...well done!

During the campaign, there were a number of posters who expressed concern that the creation of this forum could be divisive; that perhaps some would only ever spend time in here to the exclusion of the rest of the community. I see it as more a focal point for information and support...but like all the others that have been created here, it will develop and evolve - just like any 'baby'.

We had a baby! it's not a boy, it's not a girl! it's just grey :P!!! :wub: umm now I have a question!! If this or one of the new possible "babies" doesnt grow up well would you kill it? :unsure:

Yep, Silver, I do get the reference.

Posting this song just for fun...?

It is kind of how I feel right now...just want to sing happily...

Don't thank me, guys. This never would have happened without all the votes and the mod support and the awesome discussion. Just because I have an unhealthy obsession with making graphs and polls...

*shrug* In any other less accepting place this would have been kicked down instantly. But we've got such lovely people here who are willing to really think about the effects of things and make sure it's the best concept for everyone and will really work out the way it's intended to.

I do have a question! It was mentioned that the subforum will go through a six month trial period. What sorts of things are the modly mods looking for in this time frame - amount of use, quality of discussion, acceptance, that sort of thing? Or is there a benchmark of sorts that we should shoot for or something?

And, is there anything else I can do to help besides posting in every topic that's ever going to be there? lol.

Perhaps you can come up with a few ideas for threads :o

Mine aren't that good :blush:

Congratulations, Birdwing! :cake: :cake: :cake:

Great Thief Yatagarasu

HALLELUJAH!!!!!!! It's about time this thread came up!

Seriously, even on this community, being Gray makes me feel kind of separate from other aces, you know?

Congratulations to AVEN for implementing this subforum. I wish you all the best, and I offer my assistance and the affiliation of Demi Grace forum, should they be craved by those participant here. :)

I am genuinely surprised about the creation of this forum, based on the repeated failure of other suggested subforums. But pleasantly surprised! I hope it creates new discussion that was not previously possible!

SpirallingSnowy

Yay im so glad that this forum is up and running :) Good on ya Birdwing for your awesome campaigning - ive felt weve needed this for a while so im glad we finally do have it :)

Archived