Kids?

Lain

Do you want children?  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

I hate kids. I'm not having any. I've been surgically sterilized for three years (I'm 29.) Best thing I ever did! :D

Not having kids, for the following reasons:

1 ) I have awful genes. Just, really bad. And it would be irresponsible to have a kid be put through a lot of crap and cause emotional and quite possible economic stress to a partner.

2 ) The world is overpopulated. If I have the patience for a kid, I'll adopt.

3 ) My parents were bad role models, and I don't want to screw someone up because I don't have good skills with dealing with kids.

4 ) I'll be too busy with career, school, friends, etc.

5 ) I need the freedom to do what I want without having to worry about a dependent's welfare.

6 ) I can't stand being in hospitals, and childbirth would require that.

7 ) Pregnancy scares me..... so limiting.

8 ) I still can't get past the whole sex part of it, so.... no.

Come to think of it, the only surgery I would consider having at this point would be that sterilization thing *a*rteest was talking about. My mom had that done, too, after my brother and I were born. Even with my hospital-phobia, it might be worth it, as a deterrent for guys looking for a family and to make sure that in the worst case scenario of rape there wouldn't be an unintended consequence.

• 6 months later...
Lady Heartilly

I'm really glad I found this poll since my mom just asked me about it. Right now I don't think I want to have kids because I'm spend the majority of the day on the computer and don't like to be bothered, so my child would probably end up completely ignored and end up with all sorts of self esteem issues and I definitely wouldn't want that. Plus I don't like kids that much because they need constant attention and they don't understand everything you tell them because they haven't been out in the world long enough yet so I wouldn't be able to have intelligent conversations with them.

My parents think I'm being selfish if I don't want kids and that I'll probably "change my mind" or something. I'm not really sure how not wanting to have kids is selfish, but my dad is adamant about the issue. He thinks it's extremely selfish and I'm going to die alone. I don't know if I'm going to change my mind someday or not, but everyone seems to expect me to.

I'd love to have kids one day. I can't imagine life without raising up a couple of little weirdo's. As to having my own I'm not sure. I had been researching adoption. I'd rather do that in the end instead of polluting the planet with more unecessary humans. A single man adopting is quite difficult though. We've got lots of stereotypes against us.

-Doc

In Texas, I understand that a gay man can only adopt if he is single. Figure that one out. . . .

In Texas, I understand that a gay man can only adopt if he is single. Figure that one out. . . .

Really? I'm going to have to find out what the laws are in Britain if I ever do want kids...

In answer to the question... I don't know :?

--El Peix

Yes......................in the sights of a belt-fed weapon!

Sorry - I live a bit too near a council estate....

I think kids are ok as long as they have been marinated for a long time. They are a bit chewy otherwise.

I never wanted kids, and now, thankfully, it's a moot point.

I'm fine with baby birds and small animals, etc. because they grow up QUICKLY, and putting them in a cage when they misbehave won't get me arrested. I can patiently handfeed a baby bird every 30 minutes for as long as necessary. The key point is: that usually means a week or two at the most.

I would NEVER have the patience to endure and support any kind of dependent life form for 2 decades or even longer.

*shudders at the thought*

-Greybird

I wouldn't mind kids someday... as long as they don't talk too much. Or keep me awake. Or make those stupid smacking noises when they eat, because they haven't figured out how to breathe and chew at the same time...

Ahh, who am I kidding? I don't want kids.

Better make sure to get all the lead out first, though.

You can't use lead, its against the Geneva convention since it might give them lead poisoning. You've got to use copper jackets.

Part of me says yes I want kids part of me doesn't.

I suspect the no part shall win.

Hmmm...good point there, RekrabMot!

Better use a silencer, too, as I'm sure machine guns contravene noise regulations, especially in built-up areas...

Better use a silencer, too, as I'm sure machine guns contravene noise regulations, especially in built-up areas

With your neighbour I wouldn't bother, nobody's going to hear it over the "music".

He doesn't seem to have set up his stereo...yet.

Apparently, he's only going to be there for a few months - yaaaay!!

I wouldn't mind kids someday... as long as they don't talk too much. Or keep me awake. Or make those stupid smacking noises when they eat, because they haven't figured out how to breathe and chew at the same time...

Ahh, who am I kidding? I don't want kids.

sorry to interupt... Spins.. this made me laugh.. I needed that

No I don't think so.

I don't think there's any chance of it ever happening. As wanting, at the moment I can't say I could ever see myself having kids.

I don't think I'd be a good mother. I'd give then stranges names and make them work really hard. I'd want to guide and instruct them all the time.

I'd much rather have nieces or nephews, or have very close friends with kids.

In a way I do want kids, just not my own.

I never used to like children (especailly when I was a child), I still don't really. But some of them can be really nice.

• 2 weeks later...

I like kids, but I've never had a strong desire to have my own. What's weird is that I can't live without a dog. After one of my dogs died of old age, I would lie in bed and cry because I wanted a puppy so much. Is this some weird misfiring of socialization?

Not having kids, for the following reasons:

2 ) The world is overpopulated. If I have the patience for a kid, I'll adopt.

4 ) I'll be too busy with career, school, friends, etc.

5 ) I need the freedom to do what I want without having to worry about a dependent's welfare.

6 ) I can't stand being in hospitals, and childbirth would require that.

7 ) Pregnancy scares me..... so limiting.

8 ) I still can't get past the whole sex part of it, so.... no.

Same here!!! Might I add that everyone tells me that I am so great with kids and blah blah..the fact is . I love kids..I adore playing with them and making fun of everything with kids..they are so much more interesting than adults , but I would never have any of my own and mostly because:

9) I am so iresponsable and the biggest responsability-hater in the whole world and I would jst screw my kid up for life!

10) taking care of children age 0-3 freaks me out!!

11) as a matter of fact, babies freak me out!! yeah, they do..with all that I-know-all-the secrets of the world -type of smile and crazy eye glare...brrr brrr!!! gives me the shivers..babies are scary!!!

I like children(for the most part at least), but I never want to have any of my own. First I have too many bad genes in my family that I would not want to pass on, and Second I wouldn't want them untill they are at least 4 or so(when they are fully potty trained and able to verbalize their wants and needs). But, I wouldn't mind adopting once/if I ever find a partner.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't want kids. It's not that I don't "like" them; I just don't know how to relate to them. I don't see myself having time to raise children anyway. There are too many other things I want to do with my life.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I want kids ... more accurately only one will be enough for me ...

but you know, this is a sort of problem when you're asexual ... I calm down with the thought that I can adopt child ... this should be easier way

I will never have kids. Even if it's just to have the last say with my grandmother's 'oh, you'll change your mind someday', I will never have kids. I dislike them, I don't want the responsibility, and I don't ever want to be pregnant. Too creepy.

Archived