Kids?

Lain

Do you want children?  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

I have limited patience with adults.... and less with kids. Which is bizarre, because everyone tells me I'm great with kids....

Silly Green Monkey

My first thread was about children, in Philosophy and Politics. Up to about five pages now!

I would have been fine with a child if one had "dropped in" while I was involved with sexual men. But I'm grateful it didn't occur. Although I've been told I'd be a good mom, it's so terribly difficult as a single mother in the states - in fact, it's almost impossible. I SO admire any woman who can do it.

Esther: I'm sorry! :oops: I didn't mean to hijack the topic, I just didn't think to look there for such a one. x_x

And gypsylady: Man, you're telling me. @_@ My sister's a single mother, she's almost thirty years old, still lives with her parents.

Of course, she's also lazy and has little ambition to move out, but that's another story.. ¬_¬

I don't want to have kids either. Mostly because I'm selfish (not that there's anything wrong with that), but I'd be terrified of not having enough money to raise a kid comfortably, they're so expensive!

I want a dog. :D A boyfriend/husband who doesn't want sex would also be nice, of course. :roll:

I've never wanted kids of my own. I like spending time with kids sometimes, though - they're not concerned about politics or money or sex or other problems. They know how to play and invent and imagine, and that's refreshing. I think I'll be content with nieces and nephews.

While I choose "No," I'd like to point out that I think it should be more like "HELL NO!!! I'd rather cut my leg off and eat it first!!" Of course, my gf has a kid that's almost 3, and so I have no choice but to at least try. Granted, she doesn't think I'm doing a very good job, but what do you expect from someone with the above answer.

I really REALLY want kids! I love kids so very much (which is why I worked in a nursery for a year). I'm great with kids, and they love me too!

I just don't want to be involved in the act of baby making!

And sadly, it's illegal for a single male to adopt in the state of michigan! :(

oh, and Lain, I'm boyfriend material and I don't want sex! :D

Hee, the idea of being someone's crazy auntie is almost appealing, but since I'm an only child, looks like it won't happen. And I don't even know how much patience I'd have for someone else's kids. Maybe if my partner's sister had kids, but that's a loonnggg way into the future if it happens at all!

Kids of my own. NO NO NO NEVER DAMMIT. And that's all I gotta say. And if I am going to sometimes wind up watching someone else's kids, then they'd better be old enough to hold a coherant conversation, but young enough to not have gone all... teenagery. That window seems narrower all the time...

No, no, no.

I just don't fancy it at all. I've never really seen the attraction of babies (everyone else coos over them when someone brings them into work, I just wish they'd shut up - the baby and the coo-ers), still less the idea of being shackled to them for the rest of my life.

I'm softening a bit at the moment, my boss is heavily pregnant and some of the baby clothes etc are really sweet, but not sweet enough to put up with everything that goes along with motherhood.

No way.

I like kids (some more than others) but I would never want my own.

Sometimes the best part is when you can return them to their parents.

And sadly, it's illegal for a single male to adopt in the state of michigan! :(

You're kidding?! I'm amazed :shock: . Surely growing up with one loving parent, male or female is preferable to growing up in care and ending up on drugs! What a silly state.

yes...well... their probably afraid of like pedofilistic freaks...

i really really want kids. I cna't believe single males arne't allowed to adopt in Micigan. Isn't that sex discrimination? I think until I found this site i always thought I would have to be in a sexaul relationship to have kids. Now I'm thinking carefully about this. I want a dog as well but at least with babies you can take them on planes. I live in a top floor flat (apartment) so a dog is out of the quesiton at the moment.

Hi, I'm new to this site. I consider myself as having a low sex drive (does that count?). I am married, I have a good wife and we love each other. I also have a 4 year old son who is a great little kid and we have another child on the way.

For those of you who don't want kids, I can tell you a kid is the best toy you'll ever have. My son is a hoot and I have a lot of fun with him. I think the thing kids need most is love. IMO the most messed up kids are ones with parents who don't know how or don't choose to love them or are "too busy" to spend time with them. I know lots of folks who don't make much money who are happy and have good kids. I'm telling you this because I think it would be a shame if you didn't figure this out until you were too old to have kids. I had my son later than most and the child we are expecting is coming along at a time when I was ready to go back to playing more golf. How important is golf (or work) anyway?

I do agree that it must be incredibly hard to be a single parent and I admire anyone who can do it. IMO it is a two-person job and I think that's why God set things up the way they are. Rationally, having role models (parents) of different sexes teaches the child how to relate to each sex because men and women are different.

stevens884

Hello stevens884! I'm glad you found us!

I too have a low (although to the point of nonexistence, except at the beginning of a new relationship :? ) sex drive, and anything counts here, as long as something feels familiar. The term "asexual" can mean many things to many people, and we prefer to leave it up to the individual to decide of he/she *wants* to be identified as asexual or if they are just info-gathering (which is fine too). Have you checked out the Information On Asexuality FAQ above? And I hope you'll keep reading some of the site. Obviously there is a *ton* of stuff here!

How does your wife feel about your drive level? I hope she's fine with it because I think love is what counts.

I think you'll see that we're generally a very supportive bunch. Ask any questions you haven't found answered yet (and even ones that you have) and we'll add our two cents!

Gypsy

I want a dog.

Me, too! I want 2-3 big, silly dogs who are a hoot to watch.

As far as children go, I don't know. Natural childbirth scares the hell out of me, not to mention the whole sex thing. Ever since I was in my pre-teen years, I've wanted to foster/adopt older kids. You know, 13-17 year olds who get the worst of the system. So we'll see. I don't think I'm ever going to accidentally get pregnant. Even if I do have sex, I've been on birth control for medical reasons since I was 13. So if I do have kids naturally, there will be a lot of introspection leading up to that point.

I don't really like babies, though. The best thing about babysitting is getting paid and going home!!

I love kids - I'd definately want some of my own one day. I'll consider being a foster mum for other children too - really it depends on what happens when I'm older. I'm still way too young to consider! And I'd like to be with someone I love.

"Most". >.>

If I had a kid at all, I'd adopt.

Why add another person to the world when someone else needs me?

I've got a beautiful name for a girl, so we'll see >.>

(16, and I have a name picked out for if I ever adopt. O.o;)

i love kids.... i'm involved in a number of around-town venues where i tutor and stuff, and i really enjoy that.

so yes, i'd definately like to have kids. or maybe A kid. just one.

I don't like kids, kids don't like me. We get along fine.

Seriously, I doubt I'd make a good mom. I have too many of my own problems and hangups, I'd hate to pass them onto the next generation. But my cousin is going to be a mom in another eight or nine months, so who knows how I'll be then.

about the topic, yeah id love to have kids, but only if they´r adopted :lol: , and id also like to marry a asexual guy that also likes kids , so we can raise them together. that would be soo awsome! :D

*shrugs* yes, it's sex discrimination.. but most sex offenders are single males...

And most car crashes are caused by males, but that doesn't mean men shouldn't be allowed to drive...

And most suicide bombings of recent years have been carried out by Muslims (or those who claim to be), but I don't think you'd suggest that everyone who follows Islam should be locked up.

Now, the argument would be somewhat different if it were reversed - i.e. if most single males were sex offenders... but that obviously isn't the case.

The way to handle the situation is not by blanket restrictions, it's by careful screening and on-going support.

Ever heard of Fred and Rosemary West?

Or indeed Ian Brady and Myra Hindley.

Or Ian Huntley and Maxine Carr.

Nah. If I'm gonna have little critters running around my place asking for attention and food and potty, I'm getting dogs. I loooove dogs 'cuz they're mostly real sweethearts, and they know how to tell you when they need to get out to do their thing.

Archived