Asexuality mentioned in Pravda

sinisterporpoise

JJButterworth

It seems that there are many issues with the translation from Russian to English. In an article the quotes David Jay and makes seem the Asexuality is a choice would point to that. On the bright side I am confident in the fact the Russian article gives a better idea of what Asexuality is and Russian speaking people are the target of this article.

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

Yeah! My first thought was aren't they talking about celibacy? Anyway it's somehow good that people can know there are choices and that they are not alone! ;)

Quote to Yummy: I find it rather bothersome when people mistake asexuality with celibacy, which is what they did in that article... they never mentioned asexuals usually don't have sex because they don't feel attraction in the first place, which would be a lot more understandable (I guess).

Good thing they mentioned masturbation as a physiological need for most aces though. All in all, not so bad an article. Could be better though.

It's not just the translation from Russian to English. It's also the translation from English to Russian in the first place, as well as the condensation and editing that took place somewhere along the line. Plus, I think the original Salon article which the Pravda article is taken from had a bit of confusion regarding Asexuality and Celibacy in places.