Do any of you women wear men's jeans?

alto

Sadly not, as I am five foot nothing and my only chance of finding trousers short enough would be the teen department, for which I am too fat.

I'd wear men's jeans on occasion, but I haven't in a few years. I like the way that women's jeans fit (the ones I have make my curves look lovely, I think), but they're definitely less durable than men's. I have two pairs of women't jeans that I bought a year and a half ago, and they're wearing out.

I also like the large pockets on men's jeans, so I'll probably pick up a pair at some point.

DracoBorealis

I do. Mainly because -considering my lack of supermodel figure- 90% of women's jeans have an impossible shape.

Oddly enough, my biomale figure fits nearly perfectly into most women's jeans o.O

Perhaps you have the supermodel figure I was speaking of? ;)

The women's jeans sold around here tend to be a) too small b) too tight b) too decorative (I hate glitter) b)having a way too low waistline or c)simply uncomfortable. Or they look stupid on me. I have muscular thighs and calves (or calfs, however you say it) which contribute to my difficulties in finding jeans that fit properly.

I think I had a pair of women's jeans a couple of years ago but I've always worn men's trousers really. Basically I like trousers with straight legs and big pockets and no decoration. Hard to find on women's trousers. I wear trousers around my hips, have no idea what size I am though, I just pick a couple and try them on in the changing room.

I got my last pair of men's trousers at the TopShop in London which was actually a bit annoying as their mens department is on the top floor and you have to travel down to the basement level to get female changing rooms. To be fair though the guy manning the changing rooms didn't even realise I was female until I asked if it was ok to change there. Should've just kept quiet.

I guess I don't mind baggy trousers, though I have worn tight ones as well.

Thisis pretty much all I wear atm.

I usually wear wide legged jeans or jeans from the boys department because I'm kind of ruler shape but with boobs. My hips are only about 30 inches around so it's really narrow plus I have narrow thighs. Women's jeans are just too wide on the hips and thighs for me.

I never wear women's jeans anymore, and always buy my denim from the men's department at my favourite thrift store. They are always way too long for me and I have to hem the legs, but the fit is so much more comfortable to me than women's styles. I don't like how tight and "sexy" women's jeans are; I prefer a more androgynous look and feel uncomfortable with the idea of men looking at my butt. :(

They fit me better worn lower on the waist, just below the belly button.

Honestly I don't wear jeans very often, and prefer men's cargo trousers or even long skirts. Sometimes I feel like a boy and sometimes I feel like a girl, but my girly side is more the vintage/gothic granny type than fashionable.

Thisis pretty much all I wear atm.

Those look cool, I really want to find some actual pants/trousers that are more of a skinny jean cut. (Although, what is up with the weird wrinkling in the picture? :P )

Maybe I should try mens' jeans, since womens' jeans are usually too wide for me in the hips/thighs as well. I like tight pants but I guess tighter pants for men are being made now.

• 4 weeks later...
Radioactive Goat

Tried it once

they felt too uncomfortable.

Baggier pants would prolly be a better idea if I ever decide to wear them again.

Never occurred to me to try wearing them.

I've never thought about it actually. I don't know, I do wear men's t-shirts regularly.

I do have trouble finding good women's jeans though. They never really fit me well around the waist and the legs are usually too long. And I don't like skinny jeans, jeans with a low waist, or with decoration on them. I prefer plain jeans with straight legs, but these are hard to find.

I think I'll try them out the next time I'm buying jeans.

Colorless Wind

I'm too short to wear men's jeans, I wear the biggest size in boy's. After spending several hours to days of shopping for girl's jeans, which is one of my least favorite tasks, I finally found boy's jeans and since then have only bought boy's jeans considering it only takes one or two stores instead of going to thirty different stores and never finding anything. The problem is that I'm too short to wear women's jeans most of the time unless it's an odd size, which I can never find, and teen girl clothing is always too low cut or tight.

Most men's trousers I've tried have had an ~35" inseam, which is 2" too long for me. Good thing I have a sewing machine!

Really, though, I love men's jeans. The pockets are so much more useful when they are actually large enough to hold your wallet!

I do have trouble finding good women's jeans though. They never really fit me well around the waist and the legs are usually too long.

The same happens to me. I have a small frame, so jeans invariably end up being too big around the waist and the legs too long. I usually have to get them hemmed, which is expensive.

I always wear men's jeans. 29-30/32 in my case and it's fairly easy to find. For one I really don't want my hips accentuated by women's jeans. Also unless really low waist, women's jeans would end up baggy on the hips and/or too tight on the waist as I have neither very pronounced.

Then there are the pockets of course, I need my pockets.

Tomboy Acefellow

In general, I wear men's clothes, but seldom men's jeans (because I usually get my jeans from my mother and older sister). I haven't got any new pairs of jeans for several years, but the pants I buy are unisex ones that fit both sexes. If I would get any men's jeans, I'd have to look for bigger sizes, since women are usually broader round the hips than men. I know from using shorts made for mean, otherwise I always get the small sizes, since I am not very tall.

I just started wearing men's jeans. I'm cis female, but they fit better than women's jeans! I'm tall and thin, so even my jeans that are tight around my thighs are loose in the waist. Most of my women's jeans I can get off without unbuttoning. Guy's jeans fit better, have larger pockets, and are more durable. I can carry all my stuff around and not worry about tearing seams. I also like to present an androgynous appearance (when I'm not rocking a dress), so wide-legged guys pants work well.

They may not be as fashionable, but if you're looking for pants that are comfortable and durable, I'd definitely shop on the guy's side.

the Lady Ashuko

I have enough problems finding women's jeans small enough to fit me let alone men's jeans. So the answer is no, but that doesn't have much to do with the style between the two.

Same, I would because I like the style but there isn't a chance in hell they'd fit. I also hate stretch denim. So I wear boyfriend cut now

So, I went to the store last weekend to buy jeans. I tried some women's jeans, and once again they were super uncomfortable - too loose around the waist so they felt like they would fall off, but tighter than I like them around the legs. So I went to the men's department like I was going to do anyway, and apparently they don't make men's jeans smaller than a 30-inch waist. So I went to the boys' section and got some teen boys' pants. 1 pair is bordering on too short, but they're perfect other than that.

I (male) have a thing for Austrian Police Trousers which are unisex (they changed their uniforms, lately, and sold off loads of spare ones that'd been produced but not used/unpacked) for next to nothing. Mixture of trevira and very thinly woven wool, loads of pockets, dry quick, look fairly smart [decent enough for job interviews!], and are _really_ durable. I pretty much replaced all the trousers I had with them. As I am fairly small I do have some hand-me downs from my mother, otherwise, and some outdoorsy stuff that from women's sections.

weathered fair

I don't know if they look good on women in general, but they sure as hell look good on me. I'm not aware of how to convert sizes, since I play it by sight, rather than number, where clothing sizes are concerned.

As for why I wear them? Because they are pants.

Wait, there's a difference?

I never knew...

I don't wear men's jeans, I don't think, but I have bought cargo pants from the men's section and I wear those on a regular basis. They're pretty comfortable.

• 3 months later...

I never thought to wear men's jeans..but I was out shopping for more of a relaxed fit womens pant and they just don't make them..at least, not easily found! A lady at a clothing store suggested some mens jeans that were not too loose for men and fit well..they were slightly bigger in the rear/crotch area, but i don't care. They are very comfortable!

Everything in stores now for women seems to be geared towards "skinny jeans" and i'm a very small person (typically a size 0-1) so it would be easy to wear them..but i hate the way they make me feel. I also don't really have hips. I tell people i'm kind of built like a man...lol, so mens jeans work. The hardest part is finding a pair that will fit me.

I find female skinny tracksuits works well under men's trousers when cold. Men's tracksuit bottoms are so much better designed. They have pockets and don't seem indecent when worn outside.

• 4 weeks later...

I wear mens or unisex jeans, i feel more comfortable than wearing girls jeans.

Chrysanthalis

What's with women pants not having pockets?

:o I complain about this all the time! Where am I supposed to put my money/phone/wallet/etc.? Oh, right, a purse. Goddamn stereotypes. Even if I were inclined to carry a purse, a) I'd be constantly forgetting it, and b) I'm really picky and would take forever to find one that had a bajillion pockets, was small enough not to get in the way, could potentially fit my laptop and associated thingies into it, and not actually look like a "purse" at all.

I don't wear men's or women's jeans because I have a button phobia and every pair of jeans I've seen since I was eight have had a button on them. :ph34r: So I wear athletic pants.

I don't know how my parents would react if I decided to shop in the men's section anyway. Probably with that "okay, you can, but we'll look at you disapprovingly and talk behind your back and later try to talk you out of it or forget about it entirely" kind of thing they do instead of getting mad whenever I do something "weird." :(

I'm petite, so I look bad in clothes in general. I'm not saying that I'm not satisfied with my body, rather that clothing companies are not satisfied with my body, which is weird, because I'm pretty sure that there are many other 157 cm, 54 kg girls in the world. Hate hate hate shopping!!! So I'd look terrible in men's jeans.

Speaking of my hatred for shopping, I've decided that it's simply a way to make women feel bad about themselves, either about having a body that's too large, colors too problematic, legs too short, etc. or about having a wallet that's too empty. I don't think that there's a woman who can go shopping and feel great that she can purchase every item she wants and that there are items that she wants, because she can look great in every item.

I have been known on occasion to wear mens jeans. My around the house pair are mens. I wear those because when my male roomie left he left a few pairs of jeans. They don't fit quite right, but they are big and comfy and why not wear them if they fit on my hips.

I have also purchased mens dickies brand pants as well. Mostly because women's dickies brands are like being painted on, and with the job I have I needed someone what dress looking but could take a beating. Now I just don't care and wear my regular jeans. random aside, I do wear mens undershirts under my work shirt just because they cover me so when I bend over to work with a customer I'm not showing tons of skin

Archived