Smile - You're on TV

Smoog

VivreEstEsperer

oh wait...is this different from the discovery channel one? i keep hearing people mention it and i thought it was the disc but now i dont think so. either way VERY COOL!

Was this the one that was last year or the new one that had me looking for something called Sextv on the Citytv network that aired on Feb 5th? 'Coz I GET Life channel and coulda' watched...shit.

Life Network is a Canadian channel. Comes with basic cable. I'm not sure if it was a rerun from a show last year or not - all I know is I was flipping the channels and suddenly saw the logo for AVEN, and there were a number of people, including the founder, being interviewed. Sometimes SexTV (from the CityTV channel), the Life Channel, and CTV share clips for certain programs, particularly the sex education programs - Life has Sexual Secrets, CityTV has SexTV, and CTV has The Sex Files, but they often have identical clips.

Interesting stuff, actually. It's generally pursued from a scientific point of view, rather than the expected tv oh-so-scandalous point of view, and it's intriguing how the body and brain generally works when it comes to sex - or doesn't, in some cases. Of course, the one annoying factor in all three programs is that they always have this stupid low sultry voice as a narrator who uses silly metaphors and double entendres. At first it was funny, but then it just gets intrusive, like someone sitting beside you going *nudgenudgewinkwink*

Smoog

Canada media (and the whole damn country) is just sooo civilised-

(SATIRE) I must respectfully disagree. While I understand and repect your opinion, I would have to say that canadians are downright contentious. Why just last week, I told I guy to go suck a lemon. Why, I've never been that rude in my entire life! (-:รพ

biggreenmonkey

Why, SpockJr, I must agree! The other day I was strolling down the street to go and do charity work for the Save the Beavers campaign, when quite suddenly, I saw something which was completely and horribly dispicable.

Someone had littered. Right in my park.

Naturally, I called the police right away, and there's a forensics team on it right now, but it was just so horrifying.

I bet whoever did it was an American.

Why, SpockJr, I must agree! The other day I was strolling down the street to go and do charity work for the Save the Beavers campaign, when quite suddenly, I saw something which was completely and horribly dispicable.

Someone had littered. Right in my park.

Naturally, I called the police right away, and there's a forensics team on it right now, but it was just so horrifying.

I bet whoever did it was an American.

Oh my god!!! Are you okay? (hugs) There, there... it's over now. A gross encounter of the dirt kind. (-:รพ

biggreenmonkey

:: sobs:: I might be in therapy for a while but... I think I can begin to heal.

Oh Spock! Hold me!

:: passes out::

To clarify: We're not making fun of people's perception of Canadians. We're making fun because it's eerily close to the truth.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got to see the show - I thought they did a good job. Some day, somewhere we'll get a full 1/2hour time slot but I think they made it clear where the asexuality segment closed (whoah! I got the last word, too!) and the Hell House thingy started.

Hmmmm.... does anyone have a tape of this that they'd be willing to loan me? I'll pay postage both ways; but seeing as I dont' have a working TV (nor do I want one) I wasn't able to watch it.....

I could lend but...ummm...you'll need a TV to watch the tape won't you?

• 2 weeks later...

COOL!!!!

(just watched the tape that cijay sent me, which also included the sex files bit)

Well, that was interesting. I must say, some of you folks that were in there I kinda pictured with having different voices.

(You especially, gorax! I kinda pictured a deep semi-raspy voice, I dont know why!!)

:vis: to all you folks!!

• 5 weeks later...

Archived