PM an AVEN member you've not PM'd before

My interests are music, and sharing experiences. I'm not sure what else - whatever you want.

• Like 1
Stormharrier

Me too, I like talking to people about stuff. My particular interests are Warhammer 40K, video games (either playing or making), and reading/writing fiction. But really anything a bit bizarre or nerdy is fine.

Questionably Sane

Awkward lurking noob, but sure, I wouldn't mind a PM conversation. Not sure what on, though.

• Like 1

WOW, I am so glad this thread has taken off. I think we AVENites are a more outgoing bunch than we give ourselves credit for. :D I confess I stole this idea from somewhere else, but I really liked it and thought it was apropos here.

Thanks to Birdwing for the list of participants - great addition, and of course I am open to PM's myself, if that wasn't implied in my original post.

I am in my 30's but open to talk to whoever about whatever. You can also find me in chat sometimes, but I tend to be quiet in there. :ph34r: I like to PM because it gives me a chance to compose my thoughts.

This sounds like a bit of fun. I don't know many people on the site, but I'm all about intellectual conversation with people I haven't met before.

Hur, I'm not sure what my "interests" are, but here are some things I can carry a conversation on about?

1. Software engineering (particularly .NET and CF, I need to learn a lot about those)
  2. Poi/juggling in general
  3. Creative writing (especially fantasy and dystopian)
  4. Arena-style video gaming (like LoL and HoN)
  5. ANIMU
  6. Philosophy. *Especially* cyber-philosophy.

AkiraCoinTykiGotBetaMuffin

You know what, why not, sure I'll allow for Pming, anything that makes life more interesting is generally a pleasure in my books.

You know what, why not, sure I'll allow for Pming, anything that makes life more interesting is generally a pleasure in my books.

But...I thought you ate people...or was that somebody else

AkiraCoinTykiGotBetaMuffin

But...I thought you ate people...or was that somebody else

That's Suzy.

test account

Im open to PM, Im never in chat. If you see me round the forums and like what i have to say, tell me. I dont expect anyone to be interested in me til then. I could be a psycho for all you know...... ;)

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

Im open to PM, Im never in chat. If you see me round the forums and like what i have to say, tell me. I dont expect anyone to be interested in me til then. I could be a psycho for all you know...... ;)

I think I tried to PM you when I was organizing the failed "Online meet up for the olders", with the purpose to send you an invitation, and the system didnt allowed me to do, if I'm not wrong. Would it be possible you turn off the choice for receiving messages?

Colored_Pencils

The title says it all. I was reading in another thread how some of us are hesitant to start a PM conversation to get to know someone new, just because of how awkward it can be. I have been guilty of that myself. So this is a thread for members who are open to receiving PM's.

Post a reply if you want to participate. Just do it, no need to feel weird about it. Also, be sure to send messages and not just receive.

That's it. Have fun! 8)

Sounds fun! PM away :D

• Like 1

---I would link to your profile, but I can't link to profiles because your username is in the link, and the link breaks if people change usernames...

Actually, it doesn't matter. See: http://www.asexuality.org/en/index.php?//user/36941-asdf

My name certainly isn't ASDF, but it still links to my profile. As long as you have the member ID# and a dash (-) immediately after it, whatever you put at the end doesn't matter. (Don't worry, it took me a while to figure that out too. :P)

Not sure if you want to add the links; it seems like it would be a lot of work, and if a person really wanted to know about another user then certainly they should have the patience to look them up on their own. But regardless, just thought I'd mention it. :)

I'm always up for PMs. If you want to chat to an old hand who's been here for a long time, I'm your gal. I'm open to chatting about anything, though particular topics of interest are Pokemon, crafts, video games, body modification and TV (though not animation or Doctor Who).

biromanticseniorgal

Sure, love to be PM'd. Of course, now I'll feel a bit sad if no one does. Don't worry, I'm pretty sure I'd get over it in time. :unsure:

Here are a few of my labels (besides the obvious): Older (oh, that's obvious? ok) Biromantic (ok, yeah, also in my user name), Sexagenarian Asexual, Vegan (16 yrs), Former Vegetarian (28 yrs), Animal Lover, Liberal, Divorcee (4x), Mother, Atheist, Music Lover (all, especially Beatles, Bon Jovi, Queen, Abba, Lady Gaga, Melissa Etheridge, Stones, Arrowsmith, Bach, Van Halen, Barbara Streisand, Mozart, Katy Perry, Beethoven, Madonna, Dixie Chicks ok, ok, sorry, I could go on for days.), :rolleyes:

,,, Celiac, Retired Accountant, Emotional 22 Year Old, Amateur Psychologist, Aspie, Bipolar, Classic Underachiever, Compassionate Woman. I'm sure I lost you back at "Sure...". That's ok, love you anyway. Here's gf vegan :cake: :cake: :cake: I made just for you.

• Like 1
test account

I think I tried to PM you when I was organizing the failed "Online meet up for the olders", with the purpose to send you an invitation, and the system didnt allowed me to do, if I'm not wrong. Would it be possible you turn off the choice for receiving messages?

Dont think so---i get messages from other people okay---maybe the system went mental?

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

Dont think so---i get messages from other people okay---maybe the system went mental?

Maybe... those days Aven was facing some issues or maybe I just sent the max of messages allowed by hour and didnt realized it :lol: I will never know (I dont remember much) LOL

I tend to get shy talking to others, which is why I don't visit this forum very often, but this sounds like a fun way to hopefully become braver around others! :) So, I'm open to PMing. My main interests are animation (especially animation history and adult animation), the Havemercy book series, prog rock, musical theatre, slash fiction and Tron. Also cross-stitch and bombarding whoever I'm chatting to with links to different fanvids and anything else I like, so be prepared for that. :P

• Like 1
DracoBorealis

I'm more of a listener/reader than talker, but I am open for PM's. Interests mainly music, running, gym/fitness, martial arts, volleyball, canicross, cats & dogs, science, mythology, history, foreign cultures, astronomy/astrophysics etc. Oh, and drinking tea! As in, I am a black hole when it comes to tea. I suck it all in.

But be warned. I am boring.

• Like 1
Captain Paige

oooooh! i may be an awkward newbie too, but i wanna speak to everyone and anyone! ^.^

I love to talk about music, thats my passion, especially any form of metal although im open to anything rockish, gothy, metally or even occasionally steampunky ^.^

also gaming from sega megadrive onwards (IMO the greatest games console ever and i play mine regularly) i also have 8 other consoles =)

i also like having strange and random conversations about all sorts of things... like a scenario about taking over the world using cheese or some other random objects and actions xD

i also like pokemon although tbh whilst im all good with the first 2 generations (gamewise up til gold and silver)

and if anyone ever needs an agony aunt or an opinion on anything then ill try my best to help! or maybe even just for random hugs :3

if anyone wants to pm me please do!! or add me on skype or msn =) I shall pm most of you on the list when i get home this evening (its hard to start stiff on my crap mobile) =3

oh and p.s. my name will stay pastlea7x so no worries about that :3 speak to you all soon! =3 :cake: <3

• Like 1

I'm open to talking to anyone, despite my awkward facade I like to think I'm fairly friendly. :P

Australian teenager who's interested in medicine, politics, steampunk, body mod (especially corsets), and 80s metal.

Oh dear. I'm not as boring as I sound, I promise. :lol:

When it's not 11pm and I'm not trying to do homework, I'll try and throw some of you guys a line as well. ^_^

• Like 2

I'm not the type to message people without a reason (although that reason could be as silly as someone living in or having once been to Hawaii... since that happens to be where I live!), but I'm still open to receiving messages.

Be forewarned: I am rather boring, and ill-versed in the ways of music, TV, movies, pop culture, etc. Despite that, my life is an open book; anyone can ask me anything about my life, I don't keep anything secret. But since my life mainly revolves around video gaming, I make no guarantees that I can carry an in-depth conversation about anything else >_>