Register your interest here!

I'd like to but I can't. As I don't have a passport and never will-thanks to the gender binary. :rolleyes:

I'd like to but I can't. As I don't have a passport and never will-thanks to the gender binary. :rolleyes:

Would it help to think of it as your biological sex, rather than your gender? (Although of course that might not help if you're intersex.)

Speaking as another non-binary person.

No. Because that would seem dishonest.

Does the passport say "sex" or "gender" though? Mine says "sex", so it doesn't seem too wrong for it to say "M" - biologically I am male. But ultimately, it's your choice whether to have a passport or not.

borrowedTime

Might actually be able to do this. Where is it in London?

It starts in Portland Place and goes down Regent Street, finishing in Trafalgar Square.

I'd like to register my interest, being a Londoner, it'd seem a tad silly not to go along.

Trava u doma

being a Londoner

^^^*Envy*

I may come along, too...

I'm sorta... running away to England, so I should be around, but there are so many things that might go wrong, that I don't feel confident enough to give a definite answer. If everything goes more or less okay, I will really try to show up, though.

It would be awesome to go :wub:

Although when I think that I would actually have to go there and meet you all I'm becoming afraid that I'll chicken out :unsure: :(

nickbob00

Probably be coming with a friend (lesbian) who wants me to come along so may not meet with many other Asexuals, but if I go I'll try to find you all.

I live about an hour out of London so I really have no excuse...

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't yet been to any meets, but I'd love to come along to this and meet some people in the community face to face. :) London is a pretty easy train ride away! :D

A Devil From Heaven

Does it cost anything to attend worldpride?

This sounds so cool seeing as I have yet to meet another person who identifies as asexual in person (sad heart). Hmmm. . . maybe I will check on tickets. School loans might just be made for such an event. . . .

EDIT: Holy freaking hell. . . taxes and fees to London are almost $700. I need to write my dissertation so I can get a job. . . lol. Oh, well. I will go if taxes and fees miraculously drop to something reasonable. But for now, I would just wish everyone who gets to go loads of fun! I will stay here and write in my blog. xoxo

PSUtatiana

Damn, so far from me! Are there any events ever closer to NY?

Ok, I might hve to downgrade my involvement. I'd still really like to meet up with you all but well, being homoromantic I kind of have a bunch of gay friends and my girlfriend that I'd like to hang out with and stuff. Are there plans for a pre or post pride meetup?

• 3 weeks later...
pennycrayon

Is anyone else going who doesn't know anyone? I want to go but I hate going to social events where everyone else knows each other...

Is anyone else going who doesn't know anyone? I want to go but I hate going to social events where everyone else knows each other...

I've never been to a meet before, so I won't really know anyone either. :)

The pride parade attracts a totally different crowd from the more common meets for some reason so there is no risk of it being cliquey. Even I didn't know over half the people at last year's parade and I must have met over 200 asexuals by now.

Acevengers Assemble.

Aw wow this sounds fab. I'd love to go and I should *fingers crossed* be able to. Just a little worried because I won't know anyone and I'll feel awkward but I'm sure you're all lovely! Can't wait.

Electric Barbarella

I'll try my best to be there! I don't know if I'll have the money for it, but this should be my best bet for meeting some AVENites, I guess. Gotta take advantage of being here in Italy. :D

GeekGothHybrid

Aw wow this sounds fab. I'd love to go and I should *fingers crossed* be able to. Just a little worried because I won't know anyone and I'll feel awkward but I'm sure you're all lovely! Can't wait.

Heh, lots of people don't know anybody- you won't be the only one.

Most likely that I am coming, the chance is 75% until now... I will know by 19th of June. I really want to come!

Most likely that I am coming, the chance is 75% until now... I will know by 19th of June. I really want to come!

The chance now is 90%! XD But I still have to wait...

Shortass Lady

I am thinking of going but I feel like I don't know enough about it yet! Such as...

- Where (and what time) does the march begin and end? Do we have to register to attend or do people just show up?

- The conference the next day - am I correct in thinking that is 100 people only? Where is it?

Can anyone enlighten me? It sounds like it could be an amazing event. I just don't wanna book transport or somewhere to sleep and find I've got the timings and places wrong or anything!