Register your interest here!

Electric Barbarella

I am thinking of going but I feel like I don't know enough about it yet! Such as...

- Where (and what time) does the march begin and end? Do we have to register to attend or do people just show up?

- The conference the next day - am I correct in thinking that is 100 people only? Where is it?

Can anyone enlighten me? It sounds like it could be an amazing event. I just don't wanna book transport or somewhere to sleep and find I've got the timings and places wrong or anything!

The information michaeld gave me was that:

For Sat 7 July we are meeting near Baker Street tube station 11am-12pm and on Sunday 8 July at Elephant and Castle tube station at 9-10am.

And on the post about the conference itself there's an explanation about how to get from Elephant and Castle station to the place where the conference will happen (London South Bank University).

Also from the post about the conference:

The reception will begin the day at 9:30am with talks starting at 10am. We will finish with a screening+discussion of (A)sexual, starting at 5.45pm. The final timetable is still being drafted ~ TBA.

As for the parade itself, I have no idea. :lol: But I think it'd be better if everyone were together before it started, right?

I'm interested in this, but only for a meetup after the parade. I don't want to march, I don't like cameras. :ph34r: So if everyone is meeting up somewhere afterwards then I might turn up. :)

GeekGothHybrid

For Sat 7 July we are meeting near Baker Street tube station 11am-12pm.

Has this been confirmed?

Electric Barbarella

For Sat 7 July we are meeting near Baker Street tube station 11am-12pm.

Has this been confirmed?

I do remember seeing this information in another thread, I just can't find it now. (Was I dreaming? Ugh.)

Maybe you could send michaeld a pm and ask him directly? :)

anticlockwise

I'd love to come! I'd have a place to stay, so it's just a case of arranging transport and that wouldn't be hard.

Herr Joseph von Löthing

Just bought my train tickets last night! :D

ExileVilify

I'm down in London that weekend, so I'm hoping I'll be able to at least come to any meet-up beforehand :D

P.S. the info about meeting up at Baker Street was posted by michaeld in the conference thread

I will probably be around in Central London on that day anyway. (Was planning on doing some library research but this sounds more sociable).

I got caught up in a pride march a few years back while shopping, and found it was a bit too loud and boisterous for my liking - being slightly older I'd prefer somewhere quieter where I can hear myself think.

Going to a park sounds like a good idea. I'd recommend Regents Park or Green Park - Hyde Park can get a bit busy and infested with tourists. Plus there's always the risk of rain, which is set to continue all summer if you believe everything the Daily Mail says (which I personally don't).

It takes just over half an hour to get into Zone 1 from where I live, so I can just "wing it" on the day.

Edit : Just checked my diary and it seems that evening I have a gig near Harwich in Essex, which is bloody miles away - so while I'd normally have somewhere for people to sleep, you'd have to wait outside my front door until I got back about 3am.

I am definitely not around on 8th at all - I will be playing at a farm festival which is actually quite a nice family day out.

Should be in London that weekend for a mate's birthday, may or may not be able to get away for the march and/or meetup, but I'll try to stay on top of this forum and keep my fingers crossed.

Also, it's time for my much-belated "Hello AVEN"!

You don't have to sign up for the parade. It'd be nice if you told us so we knew who was coming and could let you know about some things going on in advance but that's a 'would be nice' rather than 'absolute must' thing.

Please do let me know, my mate's birthday is the same day so the sooner I know about Pride plans the more likely I'll be able to work plans with him around them. Of course if I get the whole gang to spectate at the march then there'll be a lot less conflict :D

Most likely that I am coming, the chance is 75% until now... I will know by 19th of June. I really want to come!

The chance now is 90%! XD But I still have to wait...

Yep, I can confirm now that I am coming! I am coming for the Pride and conference. XD

Herr Joseph von Löthing

Am I allowed to bring a placard for www.transyada.net? It got some attention last year :D

pennycrayon

I'll defintly go. I live in London so I may as well eh? OMG I'm so excited now :D :D

Does anyone know roughly how many people will be there? Thanks.

Intrested! (And, actually coming! -- Booking stuff tonight! :))

I would love to attend if I have someone to travel with (preferably my boyfriend). I love to travel so we'll see how this turns out... ;)

By the way, this also depends on my job/living/school arrangements at that time of the year, so nothing is set in stone yet... Not even sure where I'll be in June this year!! :wacko:

Financially, and with my lack of time, I won't be able to attend WorldPride, unless some miracle allows me! I would really enjoy going as I fully support asexuality inclusion of the LGBT category and increasing asexuality awareness. A lot has happened since my post here and now that I'm back on track, I'm taking on (probably) more things than I can handle at once anyway. :wacko: But that's the way it is for grad students!

Regardless, good luck to all who attend WorldPride; I wish you the best! Have a safe and happy trip/experience! :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: Also, have a slice of cake for me. ;)

Mr_Charles

I'm coming! Very excited; it's my first Pride in any shape or form, as well as my first ace meetup.

pennycrayon

Just wondering.. if we're all meeting up at Baker Street station, aren't we going to cause a massive blockage for pedestrians? ( i dont mean to sound like a goody two shoes just wondering :) )

Trava u doma

Actually, are we doing anything AFTER the parade?

Probably.

ok. ty.

We definitely should. My experience of previous years suggests however that to prebook anything would be a logistic nightmare. The place will be utterly packed afterwards and very difficult to navigate, so it's better just to settle on whereever we can find. Plus, we don't know exactly what time the parade is finishing. So we intend to play this by ear. If you want to try and join us afterwards, feel free to give one of us a call. (PM me for my phone number if you don't have it.)

Trava u doma

We definitely should. My experience of previous years suggests however that to prebook anything would be a logistic nightmare. The place will be utterly packed afterwards and very difficult to navigate, so it's better just to settle on whereever we can find. Plus, we don't know exactly what time the parade is finishing. So we intend to play this by ear. If you want to try and join us afterwards, feel free to give one of us a call. (PM me for my phone number if you don't have it.)

Okay, thank you, Michael =)

I'd definitely be interested in doing something afterwards! =)

Ritchie333

I regret that I don't think I'm going to be able to make this.

I've now been asked to do three gigs on Saturday pretty much back to back, keeping me busy from about noon onwards. Combine that with working Friday evening and all day Sunday means that something's got to give, or I'll collapse from exhaustion.

Have a good parade everyone!

pennycrayon

How will I know who you guys are on the day? Will there be a massive banner outside the tube station? I'll be coming by myself and I'm really scared D:

• 10 years later...

(Below is an official, green, mod message.)

Hi, everyone. This event has finished.

So, it's being locked.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator