Register your interest here!

Yes, please July. Do roll on .__.

And..I don't mean that really for Worldpride, lol. But yes..Worldpride should be fun

Yes, please July. Do roll on .__.

And..I don't mean that really for Worldpride, lol. But yes..Worldpride should be fun

:ph34r::rolleyes::blush::wub: :redface:

We should probably start up a thread around banners/placard and such, because we're going to have to start planning that soon. Though I think Michael is doing all the threads so....

Also we need to start raising money to buy condoms and dental dams to hand out. We only did condoms this year and ran out easily even whilst spacing them out so I think if we had a few thousand of those and then some dental dams that'd be good. But to do that we need money, and somebody willing to have a ton of the things delivered to their door. So maybe a thread on hand outs as well?

And flyers. Are we going to do the print them on our own home printers thing, or get some done by pro printers in which case we can design some awesome things that home printers can't handle (and I can do that, I've got InDesign CS3 and have designed leaflets for political things before).

DEFINITELY up for this! I wasn't able to make it to London Pride 2011 due to illness but this time I'll be pumping myself full of vitamins and raring to go.

YEEEEEAH!

Should be able to, assuming I can afford the trainfare and accomodation costs! :P Thank goodness it's in my country though! So is this to register your interest in marching or just turning up?

• 3 weeks later...

I think I'd like to come (or rather, I would like to come, I'm not sure if I can).

So...I heard that there were going to be some kind of activities before the parade (partay!) but I was wondering if there were going to be any afterward? I'm going to make my flight reservations soon, and I don't want to miss anything! :)

So...I heard that there were going to be some kind of activities before the parade (partay!) but I was wondering if there were going to be any afterward? I'm going to make my flight reservations soon, and I don't want to miss anything! :)

Awkwardly bumping my post...do any other far-away people know when they're arriving/leaving yet?

I need to sort out my tickets for all this soon. Yeep.

Me too. I'll be able to buy my ticket at the beginning of March

Me too. I'll be able to buy my ticket at the beginning of March

*has a massive happy dance ... * :wub: :wub: :wub:

I've surprisingly found myself in a position of not needing to make any school payments until August. Because of this, I may be able to actually pull this off. So yeah, I might be attending as well. :3

If not, you'll be sure to find me at the next WorldPride event. >__>

I've surprisingly found myself in a position of not needing to make any school payments until August. Because of this, I may be able to actually pull this off. So yeah, I might be attending as well. :3

You should coooooome!!! ^_^

You should coooooome!!! ^_^

Oh, I should also mention that I'm attempting to get over my fear of cities with this. YAY, MOAR INITIATIVE!! XD

Well I live in England anyway so I'd love to go! I didn't even know such a thing was happening until just now! =D

Aylin Elionwy

Just to say that the Pride London website has, acording to Google, been giving people malware. It's not the site owner's fault, but other people...I wonder if they know...

Edited by Aylin Elionwy

I want to join but cant as i our asexual community should not be confused with Lgbt. And if our community will be there then people wont understand our separate identity. We should set a different day for us.

Guest member31022

Riz101 - the main problem with that idea is visibility. There aren't enough of us for a big march, and also, I wouldn't feel right doing an event separately since we don't really have anything to march for - except, as I said, visibility, and as a small group that's rather ineffective.

Saying that, I do get why some people don't want to be associated necessarily with LGBT pride, but Worldpride for those of us that do is a really great chance to meet up and get some visibility. As for confusing the two, I'm not sure that's necessarily the case - the L and T (lesbian and trans) are two completely separate things (L = sexual orientation, T = gender identity) and in all the groups I've seen, the two haven't been confused. Perhaps by people outside the group, yes, but then again, that's what visibility is for - the chance to educate.

Just wanted to explain a little at least my motivation for doing an event like this :)

Count me in.Not only would it be my first meet I would get to meet fellow members of Aven the site that changed my life.And where better to do it than London.And I have so many ties to our nation's capital:personally,spiritually and Family.I couldn't think of a better place.It would add to my list of magical memories. :) :cake:

Only just seen this, not been on Aven much recently.

This sounds amazing, I'd love to go. I'm a bit nervous about going to London alone though, so I'm a definite maybe.

Carmilla DeWinter

So, I actually created the account here to say that Tankred an I (both from the German forum) are booked. We'll be in London from Jul 4 to 9, Powers that be and Icelandic volcanoes willing.

I'm not sure because if I get a job over Summer I likely won't be in the country, but if I am and find a place to sleep, I'll be there!

I would love to be part of this, but I might have placement (which might actually take me closer to London) so I have no idea. Do you need to know numbers by a specific time or is it sort of a "show up" kind of thing? (Sorry if this has been asked before)

I want to go. I am a newbie to this site but maybe there are people interested in renting/sharing housing instead of a hostel. Or if possible to all stay at one hostel, eg like conventions when colleagues from all over stay at the same hotel