BBC Radio 4: Am I normal?

michaeld

I was just talking to a TV producer about yet another UK doc that could touch on asexuality, and, in passing, she mentioned an interesting programme that appeared on Radio 4 the other day. I have not seen any mention of this on here. Here is the link. I believe only UK people can listen, unfortunately.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b012l2yz

The programme is mostly about low libido, which we all know is not the same asexuality, but apparently asexuality itself also got a mention, albeit a brief one.

I don't have time to listen to the full 30min thing myself just now, but hopefully someone else will and can point out where asexuality is mentioned. If not, I'll do so in the next couple of days.

Indeed, it was on yesterday (20th July) afternoon and featured our very own Twister from Cumbria who came across very well!

Nice job, Twister!

My dad happened upon this programme the other day and ended up listening to the whole thing online, prompting him to ask me "When are you gonna do the boyfriend/girlfriend thing then? Or are you not bothered?" and I have now pretty much fully explained my asexuality to him, and I feel like a weight's been lifted off my shoulders (: Although it is mainly about low libido, I still think it was pretty good to kind of get people thinking about it.

It played for me in Seattle, USA.

And it seems to play in Texas, USA too. I guess some of their programmes are world listenable.

I'll give the thing a proper listen tomorrow morning I hope.

That was interesting to listen to. And it was nice to hear that they got an actual Asexual on it.

Just listened; nice work twister!

Pity they didn't give a proper introduction to asexuality first though.