Any asexuals like me, over 60?

biromanticseniorgal

lovernotfighter

:cake: I, too, also recently discovered AVEN...never looked back! Such a fun variety of all types of folks just visiting and sharging and havin fun. It takes a village so join me in my tent! Bring some refreshments, and some fabulous music and let your hair down! How about some :cake: :cake: :blush: :blink: :wacko: :unsure: :mellow: Enjoy your snacks. Even when we cannot BE together in spirit & share some pie ;) ! Good Night my friends..........................................................

• Like 2

@lovernotfighter: "share some pie. ;) " plus "A/Sexuality: Just love people in non-commercial way." This is stuff included on an asexual website - may I say 'yikes' loud enough for an impression? I'm not sure that's even the right word!?! (not yikes, but impression).

Are you a 'sexual' person?

lovernotfighter

Not sure what you mean..."yikes, etc" No, I'm not a sexual person. I was years ago. Define your comment more clearly, please. Have a good night. LNF

Not sure what you mean..."yikes, etc" No, I'm not a sexual person. I was years ago. Define your comment more clearly, please. Have a good night. LNF

Thanks! You already answered what I had posed. Maybe yikes was too harsh, because all I was, was curious. :)

There are probably millions of asexuals over 60, worldwide. They just don't know how to define themselves.

• Like 2
lovernotfighter

Thanks! You already answered what I had posed. Maybe yikes was too harsh, because all I was, was curious. :)

Choose your words carefully.

Choose your words carefully.

:)

I'll be joining you in a few weeks! :mellow:

Oh great!

We need lots more over this side of the hill. I'll be having another one too, in a couple of weeks.

Val

• Like 1

@Valw: Hello, friend! "Deja Vu" is a regular poster, as am I, "Tanwen", "lovernotfighter", etal. on the "...past 50s" site you may locate right near this one. The link http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/48196-anyone-past-50-on-here/ may help, if you choose the highest page number when you get there (around #166, to be sure!). We are a great niche of a community - please give us a try! :cake: :)

I can be a card-carrying member here as well. I have never posted here before, although I am not new to AVEN.

I seldom have much to say.

My opinions nearly always get me in trouble. One aspect of the effect of aging on me is that I strive to keep my opinions to myself. Experience has taught me (that it is nearly always prudent) to keep my mouth shut. Maybe I should try to come up with something to say that is not "opinion?" :o

BTW, there are all those "smileys," many of which are pretty clear to me as to the message or tone expressed. But many also confound me. Anybody else "smiley-challenged?"

j

• Like 1

@jay williams: I used to be rather confounded by some of the smileys, and a couple still do have an ambiguous touch to them for me. A little hint, that you may already know about - if you slowly approach one from beneath, it gives you a tip as to its meaning. As in the one where the mouth is opened slightly in an "oh" shape; it indicates "huh(?)", being a rather useful little one. I am still uncertain about the use of the ninja, and would be careful, also.

You are right about adopting your habit of avoiding speaking your opinions. It isn't so much my opinions that get me in trouble ( that even sounds silly, as I'm well over 60 in age, which seems to be too darn old to be in trouble of any kind, unless I would be one of those oldsters who think that the world 'owes them a living' kind of thing, which I know I am not! Anyway, it is sometimes my 'aside' comments that can get me into 'hot water', ala as I was 'chastized' a bit in a post here, so I answered with an out-and-out smiley, meaning nothing but friendliness, that I hope was accepted. I've been around AVEN for quite some time, and have made some fine friends, so I'm pretty well at ease - I just don't even like the hint of creating difficulty by my speechmaking, and going on and on and...

Another tip is that a plain smiley indicates friendliness/ship, and good feelings - nothing more, nothing less. That can help you out of a 'sticky' situation sometimes, too. Oh my gosh - enough!!

I do hope to continue to see all of you on the "...over 50s" thread and these others, also! "Namaste" and good wishes! :D

@Valw: Hello, friend! "Deja Vu" is a regular poster, as am I, "Tanwen", "lovernotfighter", etal. on the "...past 50s" site you may locate right near this one.

Hi all. Thanks. I'm wondering if I'm the very oldest member. 68 in a matter of days. It shocks me, especially as I still (fortunately) feel so young. I am loving it here, and feel so very good about having discovered this site a few weeks ago. I feel strangely stronger and more together than I have for the past 50 years. All that angst about not having the right feelings, etc. Such a relief. Not a huge relief for my husband, but we are talking now with new information.

Anyway, one downfall I see about being older, is a lack of familiarity with the abbreviations that the younger posters often use. But my knowledge in that area is increasing. Amazing what you can learn here!

Oh, and p.s. I apparently haven't managed to do the reply thing getting the relevant post into a little box. Where do you hit?

@Valw: Guess what - I am in my seventh decade already, so you aren't the oldest, but I don't think that I am, either. We sound like kids in a schoolyard :lol: . If you're looking to add onto one of your own posts, the 'Edit' click-space is next to the 'MultiQuote', which will get the job done! :)

• Like 1

Hard for me to believe but I'll be 65 next month :o . I've already started entering it on the machines at the gym...the nice one to put in is the reducing kg figure :lol:

@Valw: Guess what - I am in my seventh decade already, so you aren't the oldest, but I don't think that I am, either. We sound like kids in a schoolyard :lol: . If you're looking to add onto one of your own posts, the 'Edit' click-space is next to the 'MultiQuote', which will get the job done! :)

Thanks for suggestion, I don't actually see an 'Edit' space beside the multiquote. Could an iPad screen be different?

I have to admit that I'm kinda glad that I'm not THE very oldest person on this site. Good health to you in your 70th decade!

Also birthday wishes to you Tanwen for next month. It seems crazy to think of being this old. Just so glad I don't feel as old as it sounds. I'll just keep on munching down those leafy greens!

@Valw: Glad you found the helper. Now you can Edit your post to me, saying I'm in my 70th decade (rather than 7th) - which even looks a whole lot better than 700+ years old!! I'm just teasing; lets save that flub for posterity, no? Maybe add a "PS:" - that sounds appropriate.

I'm now going to prove it to myself, and go for a walk behind my wheelchair, because I am still (Yay) ambulatory and continent, but I do carry around an O2 machine with me 24/7 - it's really a pain in the patoot! It is not as a result of smoking, but because of the ill respiratory effects from Post-Polio Syndrome, which is also another pain... :P :ph34r:

PS: Here's my addition - keep eating those leafy greens (or is that a go-along with your avatar!?!). I ate a nice romaine or spinach salad daily for over a year and walked 3 miles also daily, but still fell to a valve-related heart-attack at 59. Boo-oo!! I would have been better off having a periodic EKG done, to be made aware when there was trouble brewing. Oh well. we all know the various things that are said about 'hindsight'... :mellow:

@Valw: Glad you found the helper. Now you can Edit your post to me, saying I'm in my 70th decade (rather than 7th) - which even looks a whole lot better than 700+ years old!! I'm just teasing; lets save that flub for posterity, no? Maybe add a "PS:" - that sounds appropriate.

I'm now going to prove it to myself, and go for a walk behind my wheelchair, because I am still (Yay) ambulatory and continent, but I do carry around an O2 machine with me 24/7 - it's really a pain in the patoot! It is not as a result of smoking, but because of the ill respiratory effects from Post-Polio Syndrome, which is also another pain... :P :ph34r:

PS: Here's my addition - keep eating those leafy greens (or is that a go-along with your avatar!?!). I ate a nice romaine or spinach salad daily for over a year and walked 3 miles also daily, but still fell to a valve-related heart-attack at 59. Boo-oo!! I would have been better off having a periodic EKG done, to be made aware when there was trouble brewing. Oh well. we all know the various things that are said about 'hindsight'... :mellow:

Oops! So sorry about the one zero too many. Pardonney moi. Seems you're a lot more on it than I am. Perhaps I should check out these posts earlier in the day, instead of waiting until after dins. No, I wasn't astute enough to link leafy greens with bunny avatar, but no doubt, he/she would be into them. and I am too.

So sorry about your health challenges and the need to take O2 along with you, but they (health challenges) don't seem to have dampened your sense of humour! So glad I stumbled into this seniors' lounge.

• Like 1

@Valw: Believe me, we are glad to have you join us! Your kind words are greatly appreciated; and most sincerely.

Have you thought of posting on the "...past 50s" thread that was linked, some posts back? There is much more activity there, but the folk are the same, friendly/supportive kind! As is said: "Try it, you'll like it!" :D

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well next month I turn the big 60! Does that mean I need to start posting here? :-) I'm gonna polish up my bifocals and buy a brand new

blanket for my rocking chair!

@Saggia: Kindly be grateful that you don't need to festoon a wheelchair, that so many of us need to utilize, rather than a rocking chair as you mention. I believe you meant your remark to be 'tongue-in-cheek', but sometimes you should choose your words a bit more carefully. I am not intending to be a 'know-it-all', just wouldn't like to see you beset by someone who may be sensitive or maybe just plain thin-skinned. Let's make this 'no harm, no foul' - okay?

All members of AVEN are happy to see newbie posters, and wish them happiness and friendship.

This thread is quite a bit slower moving than the "...past 50's" site, but both will welcome you! :cake: :)

Saggia, on 12 Feb 2014 - 06:39 AM, said:

Well next month I turn the big 60! Does that mean I need to start posting here? :-) I'm gonna polish up my bifocals and buy a brand new

blanket for my rocking chair!

Hell no, you can post wherever you want! :lol:

I actually have a rocking chair but I don't know how older people stand them -- too hard. I like my poufy/puffy couch. I also have bifocals, which need polishing about every five minutes. If you ever actually have to get them, get the ones that don't need polishing all the time.

That's the extent of my free advice to people who are getting old, as opposed to being old like I am.

Yes Sally. It was meant to be light hearted fun. I have had bifocals and arthritis for years. I never expected anyone to be that thin skinned to take offense at my comment. Mea culpa.

lovernotfighter

I'll be 60 this yr, but welcome all points of view. Good 2 know there are a lot of 55+ in here to identify with. Been married X4, & have a book cooking inside my head for the past 10 years...comedy of errrrrrors, for sure. Stay tuned. Welcome all you newbies...I only found AVEN a couple of months ago & SO glad I did. :o :cake::blink: LNF :wub: