Any asexuals like me, over 60?

biromanticseniorgal

Phoned my doctor this morning to find out the name of my consultant. He told me that on the discharge forms they got it said that my condition would be monitored and I'd be attending a clinic at the JR.When I eventually got through to the consultant's secretary, seem the paperwork was never passed to her, which is why I hadn't been given a clinic appointment. After I'd had an hysterical outburst over the phone, she managed to get me an early appointment for the clinic (8th April!), that will still mean a 6-8 week wait for an operation date, so I could get onto my GP and convince them I should be treated as an emergency. Got back on to my GP - they said they didn't have a free appointment and would I like to call back tomorrow to see if there was a vacancy...to say I wasn't happy with that is an understatement. So I have an appointment for tomorrow at 10.40, I have to try to convince my GP that I should be referred as an emergency so I can get an early appointment date.

:( *hugs the dragon*

• Like 1

Sounds like you should go heavy on the hysterical outbursts -- maybe that's the only thing that will work. If they don't think extreme pain is an emergency, maybe evidence of going crazy will get them moving. I've never had this condition but it sounds like the worst pain imaginable.

Oh, my friend, I'm so sorry to hear of your illness.

Please try to remain calm with positive energy holding the day, unless you are in contact with your GP/surgeon, then yes, definitely 'let loose'! :mellow:

I used to say that men had no idea of real pain - after all, they couldn't go through childbirth. Now, though I know differently gallstones (and I imagine kidney stones are as bad) are a thousand times worse. The painkillers take the edge off it and keep it at a tolerable level most of the time, but it manages to break through at times.

So sorry about your gallstones Tanwen. :(

I hope and pray you will feel better soon!

I was told many many years ago (1995) that I had a gallstone. I wouldn't know if I have any more or not. I hope not but who knows?

Saw my doctor today and she's prescribed some stronger painkillers. If these don't work then morphine is the next step, but don't want to go down that road. :(

Saw my doctor today and she's prescribed some stronger painkillers. If these don't work then morphine is the next step, but don't want to go down that road. :(

:( *hugs the dragon* :(

• Like 1

@Tanwen: I'm glad to hear you are getting some relief from your extreme discomfort. Whether it be 'Vicodin' or 'Oxycontin', they all have levels of addiction. Don't let the word "morphine" keep you from a necessary reliever, down the road. You aren't dealing with 'street' supplys. However, if you are only to be a short-term user (gosh that word sounds awful), you needn't put another worry on your poor, over-worked psyche!

Watch your diet, as I'm sure has been prescribed (no rashers!! ouch), and get some well needed rest, my friend. :)

Not so much 'low fat' as 'no fat'...so no hot cross buns or Easter eggs for me :( and how I miss my fish and chips and bacon butties... :( :(

@Tanwen: Ooh, how awful when you begin to 'mess around' with someone's diet. The list of can't and noes seems to be all that matters.

Whatever is wrong with hot-cross-buns? I always saw them on the healthy side of the list. (no eggs, decent shortening, etc.)!?!

Oh well, we all do what we must. I have been diagnosed with CHF (Congestive Heart Failure), but fortunately the only restriction I have on my diet is "no added salt"; simply interpreted as no salt shaker on the table, but are able to 'cook' with it added for taste.

Are your 'pain meds' working out for you? I surely hope so!! :)

Yes, thanks, Runester, the diclofenac seems to be doing the job :D . Hot Cross Buns - I like them toasted and masses of hot, melted butter... ;)

Oh "Tanwen", I'm so glad your medication is working out for you. If I'm correct in my thinking, surgery is not an option now. I am always hesitant when it comes to 'invasive procedures'.

I never had a butter dripping hot-cross-bun, just a plain one, so I guess I don't know what I was missing; but they always tasted pretty good to me. Try one. Can you have honey? I think that is fine on just about everything.

Take care, my friend; and thanks for the good news!! :)

Hi Everyone,

I am new and this is my first post, I am still finding my way around the forum and I am very happy to have found it. I think I am probably the oldest on here, I have been married to my partner who is quite a lot older than me for over 30yrs and although a no sex marriage and it has had it's problems it has also survived with many happy times, considering I also have had children from a previous marriage and the family grown quite large in numbers we have found them a blessing. My husbands reasons for accepting our marriage as it has always been have been different from mine as he is not A sexual, but he has been and is content with it. My reasons are that most of my life I have been Asexual, possibly the romatic kind I hope to find out more on the forum, I hope it doesn't take others as long as it has taken me to find out. Most on here are much younger which I do think is excellent, it would be nice if older people took the opportunity to become more informed about Asexuality on an older peoples forum, I am sure there are more of us around than is realised yet.

Love to you all

• Like 2

Hi and welcome to AVEN - allow me to offer some welcome :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: .

Have you been over to the Welcome Forum? It isn't necessary to post there but you'll get lots of welcome :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :D . The Project Team have a great thread to help you find your way round the site.

I hope you'll enjoy it here, you've posted in what I think is the friendliest forum on the board, everyone is lovely...so pull up a comfy chair and enjoy :D

Hi Everyone,

I am new and this is my first post, I am still finding my way around the forum and I am very happy to have found it. I think I am probably the oldest on here, I have been married to my partner who is quite a lot older than me for over 30yrs and although a no sex marriage and it has had it's problems it has also survived with many happy times, considering I also have had children from a previous marriage and the family grown quite large in numbers we have found them a blessing. My husbands reasons for accepting our marriage as it has always been have been different from mine as he is not A sexual, but he has been and is content with it. My reasons are that most of my life I have been Asexual, possibly the romatic kind I hope to find out more on the forum, I hope it doesn't take others as long as it has taken me to find out. Most on here are much younger which I do think is excellent, it would be nice if older people took the opportunity to become more informed about Asexuality on an older peoples forum, I am sure there are more of us around than is realised yet.

Love to you all

Hi serina2

I'm not "new" new but still sort of new! Just wanted to say Hi! and Welcome!! Have some cake! ;D :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

Hi Everyone,

Love to you all

welcome

@serina2: I hope you are finding your way around the website, by taking "Tanwen's" advice.

Welcome to AVEN!! :cake: :)

• 2 weeks later...

@Tanwen: How is your health/gall bladder issue doing? Well, I hope! :)

• 1 month later...
Auntie Em of Memory Lane

I'm 63, and have only recently felt that I've "become" asexual. I wonder if it's a temporary thing? I am married, but my husband is not very demanding, fortunately. When I realized I just didn't care about sex anymore, I felt so FREEEEE!!!!! Lots more to say, but I just registered, so I need to explore all the forums!

My op is scheduled for 14th June, so not long to go :D

Tanwen, good luck with it all and keep us posted when you can.

Welcome, Auntie Em. :)

@Tanwen: All the positive energies mustered and at-the-ready for the 14th! Not to worry, friend. :)

Welcome Auntie M...anyone given you :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake: yet? If not - have some welcome :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake: :D

*Ms Trish and runester - thanks for the good vibes :) . Had my stitches out yesterday (tumour removal) so it's still looking a bit sulky and sore but it will all settle in time. I also had my pre op assessment and came home with a bag of 'goodies' - antiseptic wash to use on Thursday night and Friday morning and a cream to stick up my nose (I have such a thrilling life, don't you think :lol: ). Best of it all though, I may have to be in the hospital for 7am on Friday and it's a 40 min drive, but at least there wont be much traffic :lol:

@Tanwen: What's up on Friday - just a check-up, I hope? Be patient and be a good patient (I like word usage such as that)! I can be such a 'child', sometimes. :)

I'm becoming obsessed by it, it's all I can think about...counting the number of sleeps, all that sort of crap :) I've had a bad few days and the 'stones' are still doing their version of street dancing so I can't wait to get rid of the little blighters :p

Tanwen, how did the surgery go? And how are YOU? Hope you are as comfortable as possible and getting better every day. My thoughts are with you.

Some good, some not so good :) . I should have come home Friday night but was in too much pain (they have to pump Carbon Dioxide into the body cavity so they can see what they're doing - well, it helps :lol: ) so had to stay...because it wasn't planned they had to find me a spare bed anywhere and it just so happened it was a private room with en suite and tv - in fact it was so posh I thought of booking in for the week :D . The staff were all fantastic though, couldn't fault them. They've also damaged the uvula so it feels as though there's something stuck on my tongue and I keep trying to cough it out - but you can't when it's still attached. Still, I've been told it will sort itself out in a day or two or three or.... :)

I came home last night but couldn't lie down so ended up sleeping in a chair downstairs...I shall try again tonight. Still on some pretty strong painkillers and I just wish I could remember what I've taken and when so I'm sure I keep missing doses because I can't be sure if I've taken them or not so I don't. But it's still early days and every one that passes gets easier :D

Tanwen, you are always so funny, even when you've just had surgery and have to sleep in a chair. I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight (it's already the middle of the night for you--I hope you're REM-ing in bed), and that the uvula heals ASAP. Get well soon!